Hyatt Regency Orange County

luckey-lasvegas

All our $$ is in IRA's - Ice Rink Activities
Has anyone stayed at this hotel?
We got a great rate on Priceline and it's a 3 star hotel so I'm hoping for the best. We won't be going to the parks so that is not a concearn. DD will be skating in a competition at Disney Ice. Pictures on expedia look great I'm just looking for personal reviews and if locals can tell me what's near by.

If you go to tripadvisor.com you will find tons of reviews. I pricelined for this weekend hoping to get something, and nothing came up. Turns out it is Cinco De Mayo weekend or something like that, and most of the big hotels are booked solid for this. I have read/heard really nice things about the Hyatt.

We pricelined this hotel several times before for ourselves, our friends and my family. We've all loved it. Got great rates (as low as $26 and high of $45). We stayed in a kidsuite and it was big enough for the 4 of us. The kids had their own room with a TV and bunk beds and french doors separated their room from ours. There was a big bathroom with nice toiletries. We had a king-sized bed, a sitting area with a couch and coffee table, a fridge, and microwave, and a second TV.

Benefits to this place is it is adjacent to a mini Walgrens drug store and a huge Target, where we bought lots of snacks and much cheaper bottled water by the flat. Not to mention that we all love shopping at Target :goodvibes ...so I was in a bit of heaven. Some other restaurants surround this hotel: Outback, Joe's Crab Shack, Red Robin, and Buca di Beppo.

Only a few things to warn you about so you won't be surprised. 1) Parking is pricey, self-parking being $14/day when we were there. We were OK with that though given we paid so little for the beautiful room. 2) The pool is not that exciting and is not heated. For our younger kids (ages 8 and 5 at the time), it was more than adequate, and they liked the hot tub too. But if you wanted pool slides and other fun waterplay stuff, it's not there. 3) The hotel restaurant is expensive. We ate there a few times for convenience. Good food though.

Overall, a great experience at this hotel. We would stay at the Hyatt again.

luckey-lasvegas said:
Has anyone stayed at this hotel?
We got a great rate on Priceline and it's a 3 star hotel so I'm hoping for the best. We won't be going to the parks so that is not a concearn. DD will be skating in a competition at Disney Ice. Pictures on expedia look great I'm just looking for personal reviews and if locals can tell me what's near by.

We have enjoyed it. In the past, we have upgraded to a kid suite for $15 - $25. I understand the upgrade fee has gone up. Our priceline winning bids were about $30!

Small pool, lovely atrium. Starbucks in the lobby.

Thank you all for your replys ! Our priceline price was $43.00 a night but considering that it's summer and right after Disneylands birthday I was extremely happy with the price. I've already read the review on tripadvisor but I like to know what DIS people think.
I agree that $14 to park isn't that big of a deal when you get a $119 room for under 50 bucks ! :cool1:

I loved the fact that Target is across the street. No packing anxiety with a Target closeby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter