• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hyatt MCO and Port Arrival Time

Mdub1021

Mouseketeer
For those who have recently stayed at the Hyatt MCO- what time did you arrive at the port?

In September we were the first people allowed in (arrived about 10:30) and were on first bus from the Hyatt

From what we could see last August when we used it, they seem to assign you to a bus group based on your PAT. Our bus got us there right on time for our PAT. There were buses that left before ours and buses that left after ours.

We stayed at the Hyatt only a few weeks ago but we did not take the Disney shuttle, we found it easier to get an Uber, not worry about anyone else's schedule and left early enough before check in.

Does Hyatt MCO with DCL bus automatically get you a lower boarding group number like the Disney hotels with DCL bus do or no?

Does Hyatt MCO with DCL bus automatically get you a lower boarding group number like the Disney hotels with DCL bus do or no?
Yes, I just checked in a few days ago and was given boarding group 3. Others in my FB cruise group that have higher CC levels and checked in days before me were given boarding group 6 as their earliest option

We just stayed at Hyatt MCO last weekend to board the Wish and it was great. We got in late Thu night and it was nice not having to get a car or Uber to go anywhere else. Fri morning was a breeze, as the DCL folks showed up about 8am and we got on the first shuttle that left at 9:20am. They automatically assigned us boarding group 3 and the back to back cruisers had not yet boarded when we got to the port. We were on the ship by noon and headed straight to the market for some lunch. Will definitely do again!

We just stayed at Hyatt MCO last weekend to board the Wish and it was great. We got in late Thu night and it was nice not having to get a car or Uber to go anywhere else. Fri morning was a breeze, as the DCL folks showed up about 8am and we got on the first shuttle that left at 9:20am. They automatically assigned us boarding group 3 and the back to back cruisers had not yet boarded when we got to the port. We were on the ship by noon and headed straight to the market for some lunch. Will definitely do again!
Where did you board the bus? Are they still painted liek a cruise ship with the porthole windows?

We boarded about 9am. Took a little bit to get everyone boarded with taking the elevators.

The bus there was not a DCL bus but still played Mickey cartoons and had Disney trivia. The bus back to the airport after the cruise was a DCL bus and played the exact same Mickey cartoons and Disney trivia.

And they need to update their trivia answers to 5 ships instead of 4.

We boarded at the vehicle entrance for the Hyatt. They took us down in small groups on an elevator off the lobby.

We boarded at the vehicle entrance for the Hyatt. They took us down in small groups on an elevator off the lobby.
Looking to do this in August Just curious, did you book the transfter thru dcl or thru hyatt ? we did this years ago thru disney and had to go to with all the other dcl passangers so wanted to know how this works now. Thanks.

We booked Hyatt @ MCO through Disney and got boarding group 5. Booked it on our own and got boarding group 7.

I’m convinced the only way to get a decent boarding group is to sail concierge.

Looking to do this in August Just curious, did you book the transfter thru dcl or thru hyatt ? we did this years ago thru disney and had to go to with all the other dcl passangers so wanted to know how this works now. Thanks.
They have had multiple different processes over the years.

Hmmm, we are also staying at MCO and didn’t get a port arrival time until 1145, which is group 9. Last 3 cruises we were in the first few groups. I didn’t really see an option to select MCO as opposed to the airport as the transfer. Did I miss something?

I didn’t really see an option to select MCO as opposed to the airport as the transfer. Did I miss something?
If you didn’t book the MCO Hyatt through DCL you (or your TA) need to call DCL to inform them of the Hyatt reservation and book the transfers from the Hyatt lobby. Otherwise you need to go to the airport location (former Magical Express) for your transfers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter