Husband and wife trip

My DF and I promised that once we got married we would make sure we do disney at least once before we have children. Little does she know we are leaving for our first childless trip the day after our wedding :D so excited to take her and have a magical and wonderful honeymoon. 65 Days!!

I love Disney!!! I have brought my oldest child every year for the last 3 years...I've been thinking about just a trip with my husband (he has never been) but a part of me feels that I would feel guilty not bringing my kids... My oldest is 11 and my other kids are 4 and 2 (they have never been) my 4 year old has a lot of medical issues and I'm waiting till she is about 6 to bring her and my son I will bring when I being her...has anyone gone without their kids?? And how did you feel while there guilty at all?? We will be doing more adult activities and less time in the parks..thoughts anyone??

Disney is amazing for couples! We went on our honeymoon last year and had the best time. It is nice to be able to eat at all the nicer restaurants and not have to worry about cranky kids mid-afternoon. We always explain it to the kids that we need adult trips and that they will be able to go on other trips with us. They seem to accept that but are always asking when we are going as a family lol.

My husband and I are spending two weeks at Disney/Seaworld in January. This will be our first vacation without the children since they were born. They are now 20 and 18 and will both be away at University when we go.

We are both tentative and excited about the trip. We have spent many trips at Disney as a family and it may feel strange to be there without them. To help offset that potential unease we are planning to do things that we have not done before - maybe a tour or two, we will have a rental car so we will eat and shop off-site occasionally, drive to Seaworld some days, see the things at the park that are off the beaten track, and generally maybe do things at a different pace.

My birthday will be while we are there so we were thinking of spending the evening at Hoop-Dee-Doo followed by a carriage ride. We had done Hoop-Dee-Doo before and totally enjoyed it. I can't wait to go.

Claire

My DW and I have been on our 15th, 20th, and 25th anniversaries on DCLs. Multiple other trips to WDW, VB, and HHI without the kids. WDW and the other options at the resort/area are not just for kids, try some of these options for other than the parks:
sports: golf, fishing, RPDE, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
If you are going to go, go all out and have a great adults-only time. :love1: :drinking1

Okay all. . .my kid is grown and in the military and can afford to take himself nowadays. I still love going with him because he is like a kid in a candy store when there. Makes me appreciate the magic all over again. But there is just something about being in the magic with your special someone alone without the kids. Actually, there is something about being anywhere with your special someone without the kids. I think re-connection time is important in a relationship, whether it be Disney or anywhere else.

My husband and I are spending two weeks at Disney/Seaworld in January. This will be our first vacation without the children since they were born. They are now 20 and 18 and will both be away at University when we go.

We are both tentative and excited about the trip. We have spent many trips at Disney as a family and it may feel strange to be there without them. To help offset that potential unease we are planning to do things that we have not done before - maybe a tour or two, we will have a rental car so we will eat and shop off-site occasionally, drive to Seaworld some days, see the things at the park that are off the beaten track, and generally maybe do things at a different pace.

My birthday will be while we are there so we were thinking of spending the evening at Hoop-Dee-Doo followed by a carriage ride. We had done Hoop-Dee-Doo before and totally enjoyed it. I can't wait to go.

Claire

Claire,
Didn't see it listed so this is a reminder that WDW offers some great options to just take a slow quiet walk while holding hands. Stroll the beach path between PR and GF and stop by the wedding chapel to just look around. We found some delightful surprises there. Two others are the sidewalk path between WL and Pioneer Hall and the walk along the river between POR and POFQ. I like the motor launch from MK after dark. OMG almost forgot the best one...TTC to the GCL at the PR after dark. I'm sure there are others.

DH and I are planning a long weekend in December to mark our 40th birthdays. We're not taking the kids (the older two have been five times in the last 8 years, and even the youngest has been 3 times!). I am so excited about this trip! :banana: I know that we'll wish they were there to see certain things (especially since we're going during the holiday season for the first time ever), but I also know that we're going to have a great time. We're going back as a family next year, so they can look forward to that, and we plan on getting them lots of goodies!

Well for my wife and I it's kind of crazy, we've been together for 33 years and when our kids (2) were young, we just couldn't afford a trip to Disney World. Now our kids are 32 and 28 and three years ago the wife and I went to DW for the first time in our life. We loved it!

We'll be making our third trip there in Sept 2013. The boys kid with us about waiting until they were grown to go to disney and we just all laugh about it. We took the kids on a lot of road trips and camping trips when they were young and had wonderful times and made great memories with them.

It would be hard to do now, with everyone living in different states and different work schedules. But I mentioned to them about doing a Family vacation again at Disney one year, Now that would be awesome!

I love texting them pictures of me and their mom at disney with a caption "Wish you were here" on it. :) I think DW is a great place to visit as an adult couple. Sometimes during our visit to DW we'll see a young couple having a hard time with their kid(s) and the wife and I will just smile at each and continue to enjoy our stress free trip :cool1: We really enjoy DW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter