• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Rina Forms - Headed towards Cancun

The current NOAA forcast has it heading for Cancun in 5 days with max winds of 60 mph. Still only TS levels.

My tropical depressions start shortly after I return from Castaway Cay.
That puts the next one sometime in late December or early January
Bill

023527W5_NL_sm.gif

Tropical Storm Rina forms in the Caribbean.
Tropical Storm Rina has formed about 115 miles east-southeast of the Nicaragua and Honduras border.

Hurricane Rina now at Cat 2 - could be Cat 3 by 20:00 tonight.
Multiple long term forecasts show it heading for South Fla at this time.

Everyone start blowing south!!! We are leaving Sunday to the Bahamas for a 4 day in the Dream.

Hoping Rina stays far away! We leave on the Dream Sunday 10/30, and we live in central Florida. Now our pre-cruise packing will also have the added stress of hurricane prepping our house. Stay out to sea Rina away from Florida, the Bahamas, and everyone's cruise plans!

The Celebrity Millennium and eight Carnival ships have had to change this week's itineraries. One or more of them is docking in Nassau instead of the Caymans. Not my idea of a good time.

glad I wasn't going to get off the ship in Nassau. And I guess it's possible we could be missing Castaway Cay once again - I've been on four cruises that went there and only docked there twice. Not that it really matters, I only wanted lunch there.

I think we'll get out on Sunday but I have to wonder about the ports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter