• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Matthew...Ugh.

Annchristine65

Mouseketeer
Starting to panic. Supposed to be flying out of NY (JFK) next Saturday the 8th. To me it looks like it's going to hit the east coast somewhere don't know how we'll fly through that. Sorry, just had to vent.

We went through this feeling of uncertainty last week of August with hurricane hermine. We just acted as if there was nothing. If our flights were to be cancelled, we had no control. according to the news, we were in the middle of a hurricane. We faired ok. We had one morning with steady rain. We put on our poncho and slug through. The rain ended and parks were almost empty. 10 min for Gringotts at 1pm? Amazing.

Hurricanes are unpredictable and the one thing you can't control. Just go with the flow.

Don't stress it. You can't change anything anyway.
Weather changes ... So here's hoping you ll have a timely, UNeventful trip to Disney and make AWEsome memories to last a lifetime. Enjoy!!

We went through this feeling of uncertainty last week of August with hurricane hermine. We just acted as if there was nothing. If our flights were to be cancelled, we had no control. according to the news, we were in the middle of a hurricane. We faired ok. We had one morning with steady rain. We put on our poncho and slug through. The rain ended and parks were almost empty. 10 min for Gringotts at 1pm? Amazing.

Hurricanes are unpredictable and the one thing you can't control. Just go with the flow.
That was a hurricane 1 though.

I think it will all be fine. Unless things change quite a bit and it starts turning west the coast will be getting the west side of the storm. It's not very big/wide on the west side and it will be one in done in less than 48 hours. Like I said, unless something major changes. However, this has been one of the more stable storm systems I've seen. It's track has stayed pretty true to predictions.

As said above, there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. The best thing to do is just keep your eyes on it, but don't stress. There's not anything you can do about it and the Loews Hotels have one of the best weather cancellation policies I've ever seen.

Well, this is not looking good. My flight due into MCO at 8:42 AM on Saturday morning. I'm hoping for the best. But on that note, my prayers are with all who are in the path of Hurricane Matthew. Stay safe everyone!!

Last edited:
Well, this is not looking good. My flight due into MCO at 8:42 AM on Saturday morning. I'm hoping for the best. But on that note, my prayers are with all who are in the path of Hurricane Matthew. Stay safe everyone!!

Mine was late tomorrow and was cancelled. Debating a drive or wait to see what Orlando looks like once it's passed. Worried about power outages and not enough gas to get home

Mine was late tomorrow and was cancelled. Debating a drive or wait to see what Orlando looks like once it's passed. Worried about power outages and not enough gas to get home
I'm nearly positive the parks were up and operational the day after Charley, the last hurricane they closed for.

I could be wrong though. I was only 14 when that hit.

Gas could be a legit worry, but honestly I haven't heard much except east of i-95.

I'm going Sunday assuming roads are accessible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter