Hurricane Matthew Closes WDW - Reopens Saturday, October 8th

According to this they were not even guests, just people who decided to stay there. I couldn't find the actual CNN report the article refers to though. Or if the owners are even there? This might have been posted already... so much to read on this thread.

Mayor Nancy Shaver told CNN that authorities have spoken to those inside and determined they are not guests of the inn. “Those are actually apparently young people who have chosen to stay there. We have been in contact with them, and they have told us they really don’t wish to have any assistance,” she said.

http://rare.us/story/dramatic-video...-and-breakfast-by-hurricane-matthew-flooding/

OMG, not even guests...that explains why owners weren't there. Sounds like they thought they were getting a free stay, then lie to reporter's about them running it!!!! I do feel for the kids, stupid stupid parents

Springs is opening at 6? Of course, why have fun when you can spend money with nothing else to do. It wouldn't be disney if the expensive part of property didn't open first.

You made me chuckle, but I think the truth is more likely to be that DS is the easiest to get running with a minimal crew. Most attractions take at least three CMs to run, if not more (I leave the carousel of this :)). They would never get enough cast to open even one park tonight. DS gets guests out of resorts and feeling like they are still on vacation, and probably gives resort cast a chance to start cleaning up.

You made me chuckle, but I think the truth is more likely to be that DS is the easiest to get running with a minimal crew. Most attractions take at least three CMs to run, if not more (I leave the carousel of this :)). They would never get enough cast to open even one park tonight. DS gets guests out of resorts and feeling like they are still on vacation, and probably gives resort cast a chance to start cleaning up.
Well HS only has like six rides. so....

Watching on weather channel. ..hugs to you guys. ..get on higher land asap

I am not there. I am in Atlanta. It did have mandatory evacuation since 6 am yesterday. I was supposed to be there but opted to not even go. It is supposedly on the highest land on the island - no big enough storms since I think the to 60's to test, so we will see but the wind/rain still a problem. It's the unknown especially when you see videos of all that water rushing in ......... the imagination takes over. We are only 250 yards from the beach.

Last edited:
Time to unfollow this thread. Y'all were great....thank you for several days of invaluable information. I've checked us into our Delta flight to MCO (thru Atlanta) for tomorrow, so at least for now that flight is still on. Bummed to have lost part of a park day (and EMM for HS tomorrow) but so grateful that damage was minimal and Disney World didn't fly away. On the bright side....I've picked up a few more ressies, we got TSA precheck for our flight, and we'll get to enjoy Disney, come what may weather-wise!!

I hope all of you who are trying to get home get to do so swiftly and safely!!!

I'm sticking with my captive audience that wants more food options and why not let them shop before they head home... :) I'm sure there is closer inspections of everything before they open the parks but it does seem like a money grab to make sure you can eat at more places now that your moving around outside again.

This is my favorite typo of the week.

Mmmm... Bread AND breakfast!
Lol I didn't even catch that...God knows what other auto fill ins filled in on my posts ...this is a good one. Not going to correct it on post....we all need a good laugh. ..bed bed not bread....lol lol

Just drove past MK via World Dr. A lot of buses were leaving the TTC parking lot and there is some standing water in the treelines separating the parking lot and the road. Overall everything seems like little to no damage though I am sure the majority of cleanup has already happened. There were some people trying to cross the street from the Contemporary though I am not sure where they were headed. Probably to look around.

I'm sticking with my captive audience that wants more food options and why not let them shop before they head home... :) I'm sure there is closer inspections of everything before they open the parks but it does seem like a money grab to make sure you can eat at more places now that your moving around outside again.
Disney can't win. If they hadn't opened something up, people like you would complain about that as well.

I've seen that on social today as well, people complaining about the parks not being open, those are the same that would complain if the parks would open, and somebody got hurt.

So again just south of property and very uneventful for me.. In nyc we would have called this a thunderstorm and normal day with wind was about the same there. It braught in amazing feeling weather so I'm really looking forward to the parks this weekend to see how empty disney really is :)
Was sort of thinking the same thing. We are from NC and often get these levels of rain and wind. But I fully understand it could have been much worse.

At the grand we just got a call that Disney Springs opens at 5 but no buses until 6:30.
We are at BWV and got a voicemail with the same time information.

So, what does everyone think about crowd level for tomorrow and Sunday? we have 1 day park hoppers and trying to figure out which day will be better crowd wise

Disney can't win. If they hadn't opened something up, people like you would complain about that as well.

I've seen that on social today as well, people complaining about the parks not being open, those are the same that would complain if the parks would open, and somebody got hurt.
Can I complain about the lack of complaining while complaining about the over complaining ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter