Hurricane Irma?

Euro model is freaking me out about Jose. This image is of Jose on September 17th.

H74kMbh.jpg

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 21
We are heading down on Friday the 15th staying until the 19th. I am hoping that it is mostly cleaned up by then but we understand if everything isn't back up yet. What I am wondering is how much busier will the parks be that weekend now that many people are moving their vacations because of the storm. Will it end up being closer to summer crowds or will it likely still be relatively low. Thanks for any insight.

I just asked the same question below and then saw your post when I refreshed!

But I had a second thought also- our plan was to go to MNSSHP on Sun 9/17. We didn't get tickets yet, we were going to get them Friday morning when we got there and had a better idea of the weather. There are other days we could go, but the 17th would be ideal. Will this party be more crowded with people cancelling from the weekend before and possibly going on this date?

Has any one cancelled their room and it is still showing up in MDE? I called but I can't wait 60 min to ask a question.
Room is fine for me, but I have 2 dining reservations I canceled a couple of days ago that are still showing up. I've called about it twice and they're still there...the system must be totally overloaded right now with all of the changes people are making, so maybe that's why (and let's face it, Disney's IT isn't the great to begin with)? I've logged out of my account on my computer, app, etc. as the CM on the phone suggested and that didn't do anything. I have confirmation emails for the cancellations so that should be okay I think? Did you get some kind of confirmation email for canceling your room?

We were still planning on arriving (via SW) this Saturday, Sept 7th, at 8:15 AM, but... I just got a text that our flight was just cancelled.
Changing DVC Reservations are NOT easy, and we were staying at the Beach Club (EXTREMELY hard to get).
I have terminal brain cancer (6 months into a 12 month median survival rate). We were staying at BC so that I could go to the room via a scooter any time Epcot/HS got overwhelming for me.
We already moved up our arrival time, and added a day at the end. If I could just move everything back a week, I would.
Today is an MRI for me. We were delaying my chemo infusion from today until we got back. Now, I have to make a decision based on all these unknowns.
Leaving home for my MRI/Chemo/doc appoint at 9:00am, DVC guest services open at 9:00am. SIGH.

Bummer. I just checked and flying out of my airport I still see available flights throughout the day on Saturday to MCO. No cancellations. I guess I would start by calling Southwest. I'm really sorry for your health situation above all. I'm intimately familiar with the cancer world. Diagnosed with breast cancer in 1998. I hope your trip works out.

I hope everything works out for you. I am so sorry this hurricane is ruining your trip. Out of curiosity, how big is your room at Beach Club? I'm not staying at BC (I'm at a Copper Creek studio), but if your family can fit in the room, and you can postpone your trip a week, I'd gladly try to cancel my reservation so you and your family could have it (I'm at CCV from 9/18-9/22), if nothing is available and Disney would allow you to switch into it (assuming you can maneuver the change with your air/time off).

I really want to go on my vacation, but I could still go in January or the spring if I had to.

This is extremely generous and kind. Thanks for bringing some Disney Magic to this thread.

We are scheduled to fly out Saturday at 5:20pm on Frontier from MCO. Should we wait and see or do something now? If so, what do we do?? Any help is appreciated!
I would be on the phone with Frontier to see how they can accommodate you.

But I had a second thought also- our plan was to go to MNSSHP on Sun 9/17. We didn't get tickets yet, we were going to get them Friday morning when we got there and had a better idea of the weather. There are other days we could go, but the 17th would be ideal. Will this party be more crowded with people cancelling from the weekend before and possibly going on this date?

I am not sure if the parties will be more crowded or not. We bought tickets to the friday the 15th MNSSHP. Kindof hoping that many locals wont go or will be cleaning up. Sunday's party should be less crowded than friday, but who knows!

We are also planning on going to the party on 9/17. We also did not get tickets yet. Actually not sure we still want to go down as we were also planning on a beach vacation after the disney portion of the trip. Not knowing how things will turn out has all our plans up in the air. Giving it until tomorrow to make a decision.

Replying to you because same topic not directed at you...

Also you could hold your nose. This is about life sustaining not enjoyment.

Good grief, I never complained about the water. I just heard there was a bottled water shortage and so decided to pack some, but am nervous about leaking. Obviously we will drink what is available. Just trying to get a read on how best to prepare since I still have some time.

Anyone know how the grocery stores are doing in the Orlando area? Even if Irma bypasses Florida and goes out east into the Atlantic (as I think we want as little landfall as possible), I assume grocery stores might be stripped of goods.

We are supposed to arrive on the 17th and had a case of water in our Garden Grocer delivery... maybe Garden Grocer won't have resources to fulfill our order. Perhaps we should pack granola bars in our luggage (in case Disney is fine, but areas surrounding are out of stock?).

The news is only showing Miami shelves being empty on TV. Right now, we are hoping this all goes smoother than expected and our trip won't have to be cancelled.

Water at WBC is very drinkable. Anywhere you travel you notice differences in taste but it's still safe. I would pack a few boxes of crystal light tea/lemonade or the flavor drops you can put in ziploc bags. Maybe pack a big plastic pitcher to mix up drinks in case there isn't one in your unit. If you have a Brita pitcher pack that with fresh filter for plain water. You should be very safe there.

I think flavor drops are a great idea. Thanks!

What kinds of winds will end up shutting down the parks/restaurants? 30mph? 40mph? As of right now, I'm not seeing a lot of (or any) wind speeds over that from the latest GFS, but of course predictions can always be off. Just curious what people have experienced when they have been there during other storms (tropical storms, not necessarily hurricanes).

Good grief, I never complained about the water. I just heard there was a bottled water shortage and so decided to pack some, but am nervous about leaking. Obviously we will drink what is available. Just trying to get a read on how best to prepare since I still have some time.

I didn't even read your post why would you take this directed at you??

I didn't even read your post why would you take this directed at you??

Oh, I apologize. The person you quoted, to whom you said you weren't directing your reply, was responding to me. So I assumed it was about the water topic I brought up. Sorry for my confusion.

This will probably a super dumb question - I am from tornado area, not hurricane - but if I have a flight out for Monday the 11th, how much of a chance will I have to get out Monday or Tuesday? I am supposed to be back to work on Wednesday and not sure if I need to leave earlier. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter