Hurricane Irma?

People really need to read the article I posted earlier about spaghetti models and the lines not all meaning what you think they mean. I just checked the newest GFS and it has the storm further east.

https://arstechnica.com/science/201...-sharing-spaghetti-plots-of-hurricane-models/

Not that I fault you or am complaining about you posting this update! Everyone is aching for news of some sort. Just want to temper that with some other information.

This is informative. Thank you.

Pulled the trigger and decided to bag our 9/8 to 9/12 trip. We're APs and have been fortunate to already visit multiple times this year which certainly softened the blow. Disney and JetBlue were extremely accommodating and offered full refunds on our room/flight. I don't think JetBlue's website is clear about this but if you call and are traveling anytime within their current waiver window they'll give you a full refund on all fare tiers! Time to count down for the next trip!

Really? We've had low level Hurricane force winds here in TN. I'm surprised they didn't move through Atlanta first but maybe it came through Alabama instead? We lost power for several days from one of the I named storms one year, though I can't remember now which it was.

Yep. Really. Guess I'm lucky. We have tornados every other week though. Lol.

I'm sure we have had some rain or something but never anything to prep for. We only prep for snowmageddon. 1/2 inch of ice and all hell breaks loose!!

Someone earlier was trying to get into a resort a day or two before their main reservation. They couldn't find anything at the time. I just looked and there is availability at a few resorts at all levels.

Anyone still Going? My biggest concern is how safe we will be at the resort? If we will be safe then we will still go. Safe as in no bodily harm. I expect to be cooped up in our room for a day or 2 and many rainy days.

I don't think you will be unsafe but might be possible electric outages or problem traveling in area. I am sure Disney has stored extra food/water. I would trust Disney, it's just the surrounding Orlando area.

Need some help with this, hopefully someone knows. I have moved our flights up to Saturday morning and got a room at Pop for Saturday night because they wouldn't let me add a day onto my resort package w/ free dining at the WL. My questions are, how do we get to WL on Sunday as we are using Magical Express to get to POP, do we just pay for a taxi to take us? Also, can I link our Magic Bands to our stay at Pop for 1 night? I assume even tho they've signed me up for Magical Express for our new flight I won't have tags so we will need to get our own luggage from the carousel before we go to ME in the airport.
If you don't want to take a taxi or Uber/Lyft you can take the MK bus from Pop and then boat from MK to WL. Let Bell Services move your bags for you. Bell Services will take several hours to move your bags so be prepared for this.
Note, all this advice is provided all is operating as normal on these days.
You do not have to get your own bags from baggage claims. You can take your claim check to the ME CM and they will get the bags for you

I don't think you will be unsafe but might be possible electric outages or problem traveling in area. I am sure Disney has stored extra food/water. I would trust Disney, it's just the surrounding Orlando area.

Yeah, I heard lots of folks from southern FL are heading north and taking shelter at Disney. It is supposed to be safe.

We are arriving Friday night late and staying in the hotel at the airport, we are using magical express to go to the WL saturday morning it seemed like the least stressful option. Good Luck

We arrive late Friday as well on SW and then head to the Contemporary for a couple of nights before moving to the Poly. We have only stayed at WL in the past so I know you will LOVE it!

We are celebrating our 6 year on the 10th. Most likely in the hotel room. :/
So sad - we were going to be there for my daughter and her best friends 17th birthday (12th&13th) and my 40th birthday(15th)
Looks like Disney wants $2,000 more to change my plans to leave on Wednesday so looks like we will cancel

I'm going to join the club of the reschedulers. We were going to drive from Oklahoma, check in on the 10th and check out on the 16th. I'm going to reschedule for early May. Don't want to travel during the holidays and have a Disney cruise in January, so May is the next available time.

Right now, all circuits are busy, wonder when the best time to call would be? Probably 6 a.m. central time :(

I forgot to mention, we paid with a Disney Vacation Savings Account. I wonder what they would refund my money to if I were to have to cancel instead of reschedule?

So I don't think Orlando will the affects as much as other parts of Florida. So just cause Miami abd the keys are gonna get whacked doesn't mean wde will.

Nor does it mean we won't. What you, I or anyone thinks may or may not happen is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is fact, and the present fact is no one can definitively tell anyone where Irma is or isn't going to go.

And we won't find out until the end of this week.

Just found out my girlfriend is in Antigua. She said it blew threw in 24 hours. Crazy! They are back to vacation as normal.
And here is where you can take some comparison to FL. The island is 108 miles. FL is how wide? There are some folks are saying that Irma is so large that even moving even near FL will cause massive damage and it will lasts for days yet it managed to move near Antigua and it's back to normal in 24 hours. Wonder how that is?

So sad - we were going to be there for my daughter and her best friends 17th birthday (12th&13th) and my 40th birthday(15th)
Looks like Disney wants $2,000 more to change my plans to leave on Wednesday so looks like we will cancel
Hey happy birthday. I apparently share the exact same day! And year! We are still going as of now. Will make final call Friday night.

Nor does it mean we won't. What you, I or anyone thinks may or may not happen is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is fact, and the present fact is no one can definitively tell anyone where Irma is or isn't going to go.

And we won't find out until the end of this week.
That is very true! Everybody should be ready. Whatever the cone says be ready!

The 18z GFS just came in. It takes her off the East coast into SC, with no landfall in FL.

The above is outdated. Most current NHC tracking shows continued north/northwest track with the NHC making the following comment:

"The threat of direct hurricane impacts in Florida over the weekend and early next week has increased. Hurricane watches could
be issued for portions of the Florida Keys and the Florida peninsula on Thursday.
"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter