Hurricane in 10 days...??

carriemn

Mouseketeer
We are leave for Disney on 8/24...now I hear there is the possibility of a hurricane starting the 21st and possibly another one after that .... ? :mad:

Don't worry too much about that. There is no reliable forecasting that far in the future. Alot can change between now and then. ALOT!!! Don't worry.

According to the graphical on that loop there are 2 storms.
1) has been there for a few days. Its causing storms here on the west coast right now. It should be gone very soon. No worries.
2) that is still very far off. It might or might not affect FL / Orlando. There are still several days til we know where its heading.. if it develops into anything at all.

Don't worry about the weather this far out. Look at it 3 days out. If it does affect Orlando it will only affect it hopefully for a day. You might have some rainy days, but that is not always bad. Good luck!!

well, after all it is that time of year....let's just hope they don't make it here:goodvibes

The comment on the hurricane watch site - they are tracking 2-3 storms off Africa "at this point forecasting is like throwing a dart from a moving car" Storms will come but there is no point in worrying that it will ruin anyones vacation just yet - there is no accurate way to forecast when or how intense at this far out.

Oh wonderful. We leave on the 26th.

As long as it doesn't affect the planes coming or going, we'll be ok. I hope it goes the other way.

so what if a hurricane is comming. what is the worst that will happen? 1 day wdw is closed maybe? i wouldn't worry about hurricanes until there i one for sure. and one headed for the east coast of florida. so enjoy your trip. have a great time and don't worry. oh yeah i have 2 words for ya
Hakuna Matata

We leave 8/22! The last time I was in WDW was late Oct 05 and a hurricane hit on our last day and we were hold up in our resort room all day. No fun at all! I am :cool1: sure hoping for nice weather this time.

Try not to worry too much until you get closer. I know - easier said than done. Hopefully it will head in another direction or fizzle out ! Good luck ! :thumbsup2

We've heard nothing about even a possible hurricane. They are always "tracking the tropics" and looking at what comes off of the African coast. I wouldn't stress about it a bit.

At this point, don't even think/worry/stress about it! This far out, nobody knows what will happen, if anything.

I don't even pull out the hurricane supplies until they close schools, LOL! Even then you only have about a 50% chance of rain, many times its a nice, sunny day.

We leave for a short (4 day/3 night) trip on August 26. It is easy to say "don't worry" but when you have a fair amount of money invested in your trip it is hard not to worry. We really hope to have a fantastic trip and we will do our best to enjoy it no matter what happens, but lets all get together and hope that we don't have any worries when we get there. No hurricanes or tropical storms!

The weather kept threatening hurricanes when we went last year. In the nine days we were there, we had one day of rain for about 3 hours and we spent it shopping at Downtown Disney's Marketplace which we had planned all along. When we went in 2004 wiht our son and his girlfriend for his high school graduation, we had more rain in late June early July. There is always the chance. Will keep our fingers crossed for your trip (and ours which is September 1).

We leave for a short (4 day/3 night) trip on August 26. It is easy to say "don't worry" but when you have a fair amount of money invested in your trip it is hard not to worry. We really hope to have a fantastic trip and we will do our best to enjoy it no matter what happens, but lets all get together and hope that we don't have any worries when we get there. No hurricanes or tropical storms!

Considering I live in southeast Florida, I'm definitely hoping for no storms! But I agree with everyone else, it's too early to worry.

We leave 8/22! The last time I was in WDW was late Oct 05 and a hurricane hit on our last day and we were hold up in our resort room all day. No fun at all! I am :cool1: sure hoping for nice weather this time.

That was Wilma which pretty much did it's damage in South FL. Central FL actually got pummeled with the cold front that steered the storm right into South FL and that's what the bad weather in central FL was from then.

We're coming upon "peak" hurricane season and it's not AT ALL unusual for any tropical activities to be going on anywhere in the Atlantic or gulf or even for warnings to come up anywhere along the Eastern seaboard OR the gulf this time of year. When making WDW trip plans everyone should be aware of this. WDW has gotten much more flexible with this as well.

There's no way to predict exactly where any storm will go even 24 hrs before it hits land. Just be prepared to have a "back up" plan for anyone that is traveling to WDW or anywhere else in FL over the next few months.

As I mentioned prior-if a hurricane poses any threat to FL the first place many Floridians evacuate to is the Orlando area because it's further inland although they still don't escape nature's fury if it's a strong storm (like Charley was). It is also the escape place for storm refugees like it was for us after Wilma. We had no electricity for 2 weeks so where did we go, WDW of course. Just trying to let you know although mid-Aug through Oct. are relatively quieter times at WDW for the most part-it can get real crowded with Floridians escaping the path of a storm or escaping the damage from one.

Also keep in mind that tropical systems don't have to be hurricanes to put a damper on your vacation, they can just be depressions nearby which can dump tons of rain on the state several days at a time. Just pack your ponchos and have a rain back up plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter