• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

Went down this morning and was told the guy last night had bad info, that rooms are available, and they apologized then told me to call guest services to extend. So I asked for a manager because waiting on hold for hours cannot be the only way to handle it. I was right. The manager was able to extend our stay with points and assured me everything was fine. I told him that yes- it was fine now but this was the first definitive info I could get from his staff for the past two days. I also asked him to tell guests to bring in their balcony furniture. He said he would bring it up in the executive meeting because they hadn’t thought of that. To his credit, he was embarrassed.
I’m glad this seems to be settled for me, but it’s incredible to me that the resorts aren’t sharing vital institutional knowledge on storm prep and that there are no 24 hour manager rotations and instead sadly ill-informed staff are having to deal with frustrated guests. For the record, I conveyed all these concerns to him without ever being rude or short with him. He didn’t personally screw this up. But I sincerely hope there are serious lessons learned at the end of this as I was given no impression that they will be able to manage the next few days smoothly.
I'm surprised and concerned by this...there should be a hurricane protocol that Disney resort staff follow. Although this is RR's first major hurricane, it isn't Disney's, and staff should've been prepped.

I’m not there and I’m not affected but I love my pets like family and my heart goes out to the people who have to stay in harm‘s way or leave their pets behind.
Disney isn't allowed to do this in the DVC properties, which is a whole lot of rooms. it's in the governing documents.

I saw this article from 2019 https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/walt...y-for-guests-staying-during-hurricane-dorian/. Apparently they lifted the pet ban in 2019 during a hurricane. If they don’t lift it this time then that’s it, I’m done with Disney. I’m not there and I’m not affected but I love my pets like family and my heart goes out to the people who have to stay in harm‘s way or leave their pets behind.

That post is in regards to DVC. There is nothing the CMs can do to override the association rules.

I saw this article from 2019 https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/walt...y-for-guests-staying-during-hurricane-dorian/. Apparently they lifted the pet ban in 2019 during a hurricane. If they don’t lift it this time then that’s it, I’m done with Disney. I’m not there and I’m not affected but I love my pets like family and my heart goes out to the people who have to stay in harm‘s way or leave their pets behind.

Is Disney accepting new reservations? If not it's a moot point...

Not only are the characters meeting in the YC lobby, but they are also handing out bags of candy.

We're about to go do something crazy for us on vacation...hit up the gym for a bit! Feels wrong not walking 20k steps while in Disney :rotfl2:

Attachments

• PXL_20220928_135917406.jpg
    PXL_20220928_135917406.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20220928_135615322.jpg
    PXL_20220928_135615322.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 65
We got automated messages to bring inside here at gf. Now I have a patio party in the bathroom

That’s great. Nothing yet at CR or BLT (based on fact I can see the whole building and all the furniture is still outside).
Edited - just came to bring it in at 1020!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter