Hurricane and Halloween

Krystalynn

Mouseketeer
I pretty much expected something like this to happen for our first trip to MNSSHP! We planned on tent camping just 10/30 to 10/31 (we live 3 hours away). It doesn't seem very possible with the path of this new hurricane headed to FL though :/
I remember reading that if there is a hurricane they put you up in a room somewhere but I wasn't sure if they still do that? I don't know! I'm just a little bummed that this hurricane is headed for us. Anyone ever been there during a hurricane?

As for the Halloween party, we will try to make the best of it!

I am sure they will provide safety for you if you are there and there is a hurricane headed that way. But what hurricane are you talking about?:confused3 I live in FL too and have not heard anything about a hurricane coming towards us. There is one expected to hit mexico.

I read this morning that huricane Rhina is supposed to cross the Yucatan and then head northeast towards cuba and possibly South Florida. You might keep a watch on this in case it moves too far north., and hopefully it will breakup..

I've been stuck at the Beach Club for Hurricane Francis and I enjoyed every minute of this. Disney has it's own generators so we had power. Characters come to a specified area of the hotel for children. Food is available but we also (knowing the park would be closed) got take-out food or counter service food rom various restaurants in the parks prior and kept them in the room for variety.
Make sure you have some DVDs because most of the TV is the storm or Disney and if you want a variety it's good to have.
I felt very safe and secure, and still had a magical day.
I too am traveling down to Disney for Holloween 2011 and am not concerned about the weather.

I am sure they will provide safety for you if you are there and there is a hurricane headed that way. But what hurricane are you talking about?:confused3 I live in FL too and have not heard anything about a hurricane coming towards us. There is one expected to hit mexico.

I'm out of the loop as well. I live in Central Florida and had no idea there's a hurricane??? :confused3

I am talking about Hurricane Rina, it's supposed to make an eastward turn towards FL. The cone is showing it coming to mostly South FL though so hopefully nothing will come that way at all. I think I'm just paranoid about it since I am in South FL myself! :P

I just saw the report. If it does take the turn towards FL it will only be a tropical storm. That to us is a strong thunderstorm. But there are only 2 out of the how many tracks that take it towards us. I think you should be good. Maybe a little rainy but good.

I just saw the report. If it does take the turn towards FL it will only be a tropical storm. That to us is a strong thunderstorm. But there are only 2 out of the how many tracks that take it towards us. I think you should be good. Maybe a little rainy but good.

Rain even thunderstorms can be handled very well at Disney.
BUT, I think the main concern here would be the tent camping.
That can be a miserable experience in the rain.

Maybe a backup plan would be a good idea. If things go bad, you could try for a discounted hotel room. (since you have already paid for the campsite)
Just an idea.
Good luck, hope you have fun!

Our local weather is predicting that Hurricane Rina will fall apart after it hits the Yucatan Peninsula.
I would keep an eye on it. You know how reliable the weather forecast can be.
We are due to leave South Eastern PA. on Sunday for our yearly month long trip. 14 Days racing at 3 different tracks, with a day or two off in between each. (Valdosta, GA., Brandenton,FL, and West Palm Beach, FL.)
And then we finish the trip with a Thanksgiving visit to the Fort.
You can bet that I am watching Rina.

Our local weather is predicting that Hurricane Rina will fall apart after it hits the Yucatan Peninsula.
I would keep an eye on it. You know how reliable the weather forecast can be.
We are due to leave South Eastern PA. on Sunday for our yearly month long trip. 14 Days racing at 3 different tracks, with a day or two off in between each. (Valdosta, GA., Brandenton,FL, and West Palm Beach, FL.)
And then we finish the trip with a Thanksgiving visit to the Fort.
You can bet that I am watching Rina.

you will be fine. if it does reach us it is suppose to be here by late friday. so if you leave sunday by the time you got here you would be ok. sounds like fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter