Hurrican Perdictions -- !!

It's possible .... since I sailed on the 9/7 Frances cruise -- I'll be more prepared.

a. Additional medicine

b. Flexibility in scheduling

Heh -- maybe the 14 night cruise will turn into an 18 day cruise :rotfl:

We always have an active hurricane season....it's the hits that were concerned about!! I've lived in FL for 22 years and last year were the only hits we've had. I don't want to go through it again!

They said we will most likely have this weather pattern for the next 15 years or so....so, make sure you buy that travel insurance and go with an open mind!!!

YIKES - I know I'll probably never cruise at this time of year again. Make sure if you do you have a cell phone and a weather radio to - we were so glad we had ours and batteries!!!! (and if you drive it doesn't hurt to have a box of food with you - that helped us also or it would have been vending machine food for dinner!!!!! YUK)

Our luck....in August, we will have a hurricane on the west coast, one in the gulf, and one hitting florida when we arrive for the 14 day REPO. :rotfl2:

Travis

DisneyElf said:
It's possible .... since I sailed on the 9/7 Frances cruise -- I'll be more prepared.

a. Additional medicine

b. Flexibility in scheduling

Heh -- maybe the 14 night cruise will turn into an 18 day cruise :rotfl:
Cool. ;)

I can see the call into work now "sorry, I won't be back to work 9/6 as I'm "stuck" in the Caribbean due to Hurricane [pick a name]." The boss will not be happy. :rotfl2:

Farmer's Almanac predicts one hitting FL between 9/1 and 9/7. ;)

I'd be curious to see how well they predicted last season...?

Could it be they're covering their butts this year by predicting the worst?

LOL...I mentioned this a few months ago and was told to "knock it off"...LOL I am fully intending on our 14 day turning into at least an 18 day!!!! We were at WDW for an extra 4 days last Sept due to Frances. No one thought I'd be stupid enough to go AGAIN at the same time of year. I was NOT prepared (emotionally) last year, but will be the second time around!!!

ivanova said:
Cool. ;)

I can see the call into work now "sorry, I won't be back to work 9/6 as I'm "stuck" in the Caribbean due to Hurricane [pick a name]." The boss will not be happy. :rotfl2:

Well I'm hoping they are wrong with their dates as we leave 9/1 to drive down for 9/4 sailing of the Member Cruise. :)

Just heard the news and was wondering what the chances are of a hurricane hitting during our honeymoon in WDW and DCL in June?? For those of you who live in Florida, is June a month of hurricanes and storms??? :confused3

fairytalelover said:
Just heard the news and was wondering what the chances are of a hurricane hitting during our honeymoon in WDW and DCL in June?? For those of you who live in Florida, is June a month of hurricanes and storms??? :confused3
June 1st starts hurricane season officially, but I cannot remember the last hurricane that hit in the month of June.

We're cruising on the Oct 23 4-night Wonder. This is a little scary and gives pause for thought - the DH of the couple traveling with us has been thru 5 hurricanes in his life :crazy2: and was evacuated during 3 of them :eek: . Maybe we should suggest that he stay at home instead of coming with us, just to be safe. What do you think??

Kris :wave2:

157 days till we leave on our 30th Anniversary trip

The reality exceeded the predictions last year. From the MSN Story on Hurricane Predictions
In 2004, the initial forecast was also for 12-15 tropical storms, with six to eight predicted to become hurricanes and two to four major ones.
The final 2004 figures were 15 tropical storms, of which nine became hurricanes. And five of those were major hurricanes, four of which struck Florida within six weeks.

Just remember to be flexible and buy trip insurance. The folks on the ship are safe cause the captain can stear around the storms. It's the folks on land who have the problems.

Wouldn't this be a good year for the reality to be less than the predictions?

ivanova said:
Cool. ;)

That actually happened to me and hubby last year. We were both on our cell phones, standing on a street in Galveston TX, calling our respective bosses to let 'em know we wouldn't be in due to the hurricane.

Ginny

ivanova said:
Cool. ;)

That happened to me once when I was vacationing in Bermuda. They had to cancel all the flights and I couldn't leave the island. Normally, being stuck in Bermuda would be great, but there was nothing to do. No electricity, we couldn't go outside, etc....

The Pacific Hurricane Season began May 15th. So, it's right on track.

Like CM MOM said(HEY RAINE...HERE WE GO AGAIN) it's us on land who are at risk. The ships will get out of the way or go where they need to go for the safety of all those on board.

Phyllis :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter