Hurrican Charlie

parmtoo

DIS Veteran
I was just thinking of all of the people that are @ FW right now. Back in Oct. 1999, we were there for an evacuation of FW. We were just arriving back at our camping loop, when a few CMs were walking around letting us all know that we had to leave for the night,:worried: We were all put up in resort rooms for the night, and all we ended up getting was some heavy rain. I just remember how awful it was to pack everything up, (wet), and have to leave. WDW handled the situation very well, and the next day, all of us happy campers were talking about what resorts we got.
Has anyone heard anything about what will happen in FW in the next few days? I pray for good weather next week when take our trip........
:umbrella: :flower1:

What do they do if you have pets and they evacuate you to a resort? I'm not leaving my sidekick behind!

DW and I are more than a little concerned over DD. She is a CM at MK. Keeping our fingers crossed!

:(

Just saw on TV that WDW will decide at 7:00AM about closing. Think I have watched more weather forcasts in last 24hrs than in the last couple of weeks combined.

Going to be an interesting day today, Friday 13th.

John

campingcorgi,
We didn't have our pets with us when this happened, but I guess we wouldn'd dropped them at the kennel. :confused:

I was wondering about the pet situation also. There would not be enough space at the kennels if they had to evacuate FW and put everyone in a resort. My pups would go absolutely nuts if they were kenneled and so would we :earseek: :earseek:

I hope that never happens to us. Do you just leave your camper on site or do they make you put them somewhere else? That would also be the pits if you had to move the camper.

Yes, you have to move your camper............we just parked in the resort parking lot though. It was a pretty rough night, but as I said before, the next day we went back to camp and everything was fine.:cool:

Hey Everyone! I just talked to my Mom and Dad....

We were all in FW last week, but we came home, and they are now at Fort Wilderness Lodge (their own choice).

She said that all parks are closing today at 1pm, and are only open until then to Resort Guests Only....

They went for a walk on the trail to FW and she said it is deserted. She thinks they must have moved everyone already.

Hope this helps! I'll let you know if she hears anymore!

Peggy in CT

Wow! I figured they would evacuate, but they went early! I hope all those families can make the best of it and still have a good time..........::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter