• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hungry? Don't Want to Spend Alot of $$$ ?

BethR

<font color=red>On Thread Killer Patrol<br><font c
Then tell us your favorite places to get a low cost meal when you are at Disney.
Park, Resort, Offsite - tell us the places that you like to eat and save a few dollars. Or come to read and FIND OUT the places that you have been missing!
Join Us on the Budget Board! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
BethR
Budget Board Co-Host
BethR@disneyinfo.com
poohmail.gif

[This message has been edited by BethR (edited March 03, 2000).]

Some budget evening dinner suggestions:

With a car: Shoneys on 192 about a mile west of Main Gate (World Drive interchange). On the left as you are heading west.

Without a car: All Star resorts food courts.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 (World Inn* off I4 near DD)
4/85 (Kon-Tiki* on 192)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 DxL (PO Riverside)
9/97 ASMu
11/98 ASMu
12/98 (Knights Inn on 192)
9/99 ASMo
12/00 ASSp
11/01 ASSp planned
*no longer exists

On the way to Shoney's there's a Bob Evans Restaurant on the right hand side of the road. Really good breakfasts and dinners. :D :D

<font size="4"><font color="purple"><font face="Book Antiqua">
<marquee> Inaugural Member Of the WDW Resort
Cheerleaders!!</marquee></font></font></font>

I'm speaking as a vegetarian here & mother to a young teen.......
We've always enjoyed the bake potato stand outside of United Kingdom in Epcot. You can get Fish & Chips there too, I think, but the potato makes a fine light meal for us.

And nearby, is Beach Club's "Beaches & Cream" restaurant, though cafe would probably be a better name for it. I usually ordered their veggie burger (which is delicious, btw)with fruit on the side & my daughter would order the grilled cheese on whole wheat and get french fries. We'd split the fires and fruit. They also make HUGE shakes at this place that you could easily share between 3 people. It was our favorite sit down place to eat. We like the simple things, I admit it. Some folks might go for the California Grill, but I like Beaches & Cream

My favorite thing to do, and I'm sure its been said before, is to fill up at lunch, at a nicer restaurant in a park, when its cheaper than dinner for mostly the same thing. Also, you don't go to bed feeling like a glutton, and you burn off a lot of you big lunch calories while walking around the park!
Jenne

In Fantasy land...somewhere by the front of where 20K Leagues used to be....there was a little pavillion type building that sells bagels, rolls, muffins etc. We ate breakfast there one day for about 5 bucks!!! Can't beat that! :D

figaro1.jpg

'81 - Cont.
'88 - Disneyland
'89 - Maingate East
'91 - CBR
'94 - CBR
'95 - CBR
'98 - BC
'00 - WL
'01 - OKW

There are lots of restaurants in the L B V area!
There is Shoney's! Denny's!, Dunkin Donuts, Pizza,
Chevy's and many more! We stayed on Palm parkway where the Radisson is located and the Rui Orlando and Howard Johnson's and Comfort Inn and these are all in walking Distance it's great if you have a family! and The Comfort Inn has their own buffet I believe Breakfast was 7.95 all you can eat Children under 11 eat free with a paying adult! and inner was approx 14.95 all you can eat children eat free I don't know if you have to stay there or if it's open to the public! But it's a really good deal! You may want to call and check it out :)

We always stay at Old Key West. On our way to the resort, we have our TTC driver stop at Publix. That way we can buy some food to make our own meals. My husband gets really tired of Disney food really quick. At least this way we can cook spaghetti, chicken, or whatever we want. Just like a home-cooked meal!!

Michelle
DVC 2000
WDW...Been There, Done That, Going Back!

My favorite place for a filling cheap meal is Sweet Tomatoes at 6877 S. Kirkman Rd. (Kirkman and I-Drive). It's an all you can eat salad bar and a whole lot more! Here's my review:

Sweet Tomatoes Review

-- Robin

We will be staying at the Homewood Suites in Lake Buena Vista in November (group of seven) and will not be renting a car. Are there any reasonably priced restaurants within walking distance(not too long of a walk - we have three kids and a slightly disabled adult!) that anyone knows about?
Thanks! :rolleyes:

Julie K. Morrison

Do you know what roads homewood suites is situated off of? Because if it's anywhere near where i mentioned there are tones of things in walkind distance if you can find out! I would remember the name of the main road we stayed on palm parkway but there was a main cross road i forget the name and i know there were hotels down a little closer to shoneys and homewood suites kinda rings a bell!

In the MK there is a place called Tony's. It is located in the circle at the entrance of the MK. 2 adults and 1 child $20. But we're talking a great brkfst. They cook to order, like a real sit down restaurant. The flair is also very good

Brodie

The last time we visited Disney we got a refrigerator for our room. We went to Gooding's right by Disney main gate and bought some cereal, milk and donuts for breakfast in our room. We also bought some snacks for the evening. We would then eat a larger meal in the parks in the early afternoon when it was still lunch prices. Then we would have snacks in our room when we got back in the evening. This saved us a ton of money from the other times we have visited WDW.

Can you eat at the resort hotel retaurants if you are staying off-site and can I make PS if I'm off site?

From the Wal-Mart!!! In the back corner of the store is the Deli and they make a 3" foot sandwich w/ turkey,ham,cheese, and roast beef[that was so yummy] on it for $4.99. WE took this back to the room and cut it into 3" sections and had one of the most memorible meals we had at WDW!!! ;)

tink.gif

I am so happy there is one near Disney!

This is a chain & when my family got stranded in Tampa due to weather we ate there. It was the best thing about having to spend an extra day in Florida and my MIL still talks about it!

They are a soup & salad & pasta buffet with good bread. everything is very fresh. In fact, the manager told us that he didn't think he could run one in the northeast because the weather could prevent him from getting his daily deliveries!

To answer Cruisemom's questions - yes, you can eat at the resort hotels even if you're staying offsite, and yes, you can also make priority seatings for any of the restaurants 60 days prior even if you're staying offsite :)

Kimberly

Well my vote goes to the snack bar at Poly, it has burgers, fries,etc. The great part is that it has lots of AC, disney channel and unlimited refills, all of these are a welcome break from the magic kingdom,sure can't get free refills there, we even filled up our plastic cup for the trip back, not fancy but nice break..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter