• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Humor - packing advice for a 1st time Disney cruiser

LKShep

I'd rather be crusing
A member of our cruise group who is taking her first cruise asked for advice on things to pack. Others offered legitimate advice, but unfortunately my mind doesn't work that way.
I gave a little thought to the question and came up with this list of items that a first-time Disney Cruiser might not know to pack:

10. An appetite that allows you to go to dinner, even though you hit the buffet less than an hour ago.
9. Camera lenses that don’t capture the 10 pounds you will gain.
8. The 5 novels you mistakenly think you will read during all the quiet hours at sea when there is absolutely nothing else to do onboard.
7. An extra suitcase of sufficient size to allow you to pack and transport home your entire dinner service team.
6. Binoculars to see distant islands and if that couple really is doing that down there on that deck 5 verandah.
5. Verandah railing and chair sanitizer.
4. You can save space for your St. Maarten excursion by packing only the minimum clothing required by The Club at Orient Bay…and sunblock.
3. Extra limbs that you can trade in to settle your onboard bar tab.
2. Low expectations on the size of your stateroom. They call it that because it is barely of adequate size for a person to lie in state.
1. Your personal toothbrush/under-tipped-room-steward-crevice-cleaning tool.

Please add your own suggestions. Have a little fun with this.

A member of our cruise group who is taking her first cruise asked for advice on things to pack. Others offered legitimate advice, but unfortunately my mind doesn't work that way.
I gave a little thought to the question and came up with this list of items that a first-time Disney Cruiser might not know to pack:

10. An appetite that allows you to go to dinner, even though you hit the buffet less than an hour ago.
9. Camera lenses that dont capture the 10 pounds you will gain.
8. The 5 novels you mistakenly think you will read during all the quiet hours at sea when there is absolutely nothing else to do onboard.
7. An extra suitcase of sufficient size to allow you to pack and transport home your entire dinner service team.
6. Binoculars to see distant islands and if that couple really is doing that down there on that deck 5 verandah.
5. Verandah railing and chair sanitizer.
4. You can save space for your St. Maarten excursion by packing only the minimum clothing required by The Club at Orient Bay&and sunblock.
3. Extra limbs that you can trade in to settle your onboard bar tab.
2. Low expectations on the size of your stateroom. They call it that because it is barely of adequate size for a person to lie in state.
1. Your personal toothbrush/under-tipped-room-steward-crevice-cleaning tool.

Please add your own suggestions. Have a little fun with this.

"Unfortunate" humor???? I think you are hysterical!!!!!

How about rosé colored glasses for when your cruise is over...that way the shock is a bit less!!!

You really need to pack clothes that won't shrink in your suitcase. Or a suitcase that won't shrink said clothes.

Blinders for your kids if you go near the nude beach in St. Maarten's.

Oh my I am a first time cruiser and I can't seem to pick myself up off the floor because I am laughing so hard!!! Thanks for the advice and I will keep checking back to see if anyone adds to it!!!:rotfl2:

Oh my I am a first time cruiser and I can't seem to pick myself up off the floor because I am laughing so hard!!! Thanks for the advice and I will keep checking back to see if anyone adds to it!!!:rotfl2:

You can also "subscribe" to this thread and it will be delivered to your e-mail. Then you don't have to deal with finding it among all the other threads (that would be like searching for a needle in a thread stack.)

Just scroll up to "thread tools" and click. When it opens, click on "subscribe."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter