Human Body Dryer at BB

Islands of Adventure have had them for awhile now.Not sure how dry you actually get since The water rides at IOA are pretty much like jumping in a pool with all your clothes on

Blizzard Beach is testing a "human full-body dryer." For $5, a group of four people can step into the dryer, which will blow air to dry them off for three three minutes.

Read this in the newsletter from allearsnet and found it funny. Wouldn't standing in the sun serve the same purpose and save someone the $5?

Seaworld has these outside Atlantis. Last week we were there and the little boy in front of us hopped inside and the Dad said "Nope the sun is free" :)

This sounds pretty cool, but I don't think I'd use it at a water park. Now, for those cold, cold Philly winters when getting out of the bath is unbearably frigid...where can I buy one?! :rotfl:

Kind of OT but these are the things that make me think, "why didn't I think of that?!"

I think it is a cool idea, maybe like the super hand driers in Japan! I agree that we would probably not use them, because I am always mystified by the people who pay for towels. Takes about 3 minutes to get dry, and we never rent nor bring towels.

i would totally do that. we always leave for lunch and it would be nice to be at least 90% dry when we leave. plus it kind of sounds fun :cutie:

Used one the other week at my local amusement park (Carowinds) after getting off the River Rapids ride. For $5 we squeezed in five people and everyone got sufficiently dry. It uses multiple hot air vents and heat lamps.

I agree with all the other assessments though. This kind of thing belongs outside of Kali or Splash Mountain, not at a waterpark where everone is in swimwear and towels are all over the place. They could probably place a bank of them outside of Kali during cooler months and make a killing. They do work fairly well. Won't dry the insdie of wet shoes though.

not that i ever plan to go in May, June, July or August ever again...but this would be good just to cool and quickly dry off in the extreme humidity in any of hte parks.

Is it like those super hand dryers? Our IKEA has hand dryers by Dyson and they are awesome!

Oh, gosh. You know how those things kind of distort the fairly taut skin of your hands? Now imagine how people would look in bathing suits and their likely not taut midsections being blow around with 400mph directed air (yes, they are that fast). Not a pretty sight.

Is it like a human sized Dyson Air Blade? That could be an interesting spot to just people watch. :lmao:

Is it like a human sized Dyson Air Blade? That could be an interesting spot to just people watch. :lmao:

It would have its own channel on You Tube... and imagine if Adam and Jamie got ahold of that idea -- with the high speed camera rolling...

We've got these at Alton Towers in the UK - its something like £2 a go and you can fit a couple of people in it at once

I don't understand having it at a water park, but definitely could have used it at IOA in September 2009...picked the most miserable day to go on the water rides and could not get dry :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter