• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hulk and Rip Roller Coaster

CTDisneyfan816

DIS Veteran
They are really enforcing the nothing with you rule. Nothing as in also no wallet or phone or even comb in your pocket. To save time just go to the locker and empty your pocket totally. Only thing you should have is your fastpass ticket and make sure that is in your pocket once you are scanned in.

They are really enforcing the nothing with you rule. Nothing as in also no wallet or phone or even comb in your pocket. To save time just go to the locker and empty your pocket totally. Only thing you should have is your fastpass ticket and make sure that is in your pocket once you are scanned in.

Quick question on this since we're heading back down in a few weeks and haven't researched this yet - if the pockets are zippered/buttoned I'm assuming it's a non issue for a wallet or cell phone...?

I'm hearing that even if zippered or buttoned they will make you empty them. Not sure if I read it here or on another park news site, but the rumor is that people were purposely taking loose change in pockets and then fishing it out on the ride and showering others with it.

I'm hearing that even if zippered or buttoned they will make you empty them. Not sure if I read it here or on another park news site, but the rumor is that people were purposely taking loose change in pockets and then fishing it out on the ride and showering others with it.

:eek: Their punishment should be a semester-long course in physics.

On RRR a couple weeks ago, my husband had his cell phone in an INSIDE, ZIPPERED pocket. The TM saw the bulge and made him get off the ride. Yes, they take it very seriously!

Quick question on this since we're heading back down in a few weeks and haven't researched this yet - if the pockets are zippered/buttoned I'm assuming it's a non issue for a wallet or cell phone...?

I wouldn't take the chance. I had them tight in my front pocket and they still made me empty my pocket. They had the policy ever since I went which then was enforced to just not having any carry-ons. Now they don't even want anything in your pockets. To play it safe I would use the lockers. They give you a set amount of time for free.

I wouldn't take the chance. I had them tight in my front pocket and they still made me empty my pocket. They had the policy ever since I went which then was enforced to just not having any carry-ons. Now they don't even want anything in your pockets. To play it safe I would use the lockers. They give you a set amount of time for free.

Hmm...

Thanks for the info on this - very much appreciated. I'm a card carrying, anti-lockerite from way back.

We'll just go to Plan B for those few and split up the party since it's a slow time. Gotta love EP's - 2 ride and 2 hold the phones and wallets/purses. I'm betting it's still quicker than or as quick as locker check-in and check out without having to give up the wallet.....

:eek: Their punishment should be a semester-long course in physics.

Hey now, Physics is fun!

And I guarantee you would love a semester of it if we could just use those "change throwers" who are ruining this for all of us in a couple of the labs.

Since they seem enamored with motion, we'll start with Newton, and they're really not going to like the lab covering his 2nd Law.......;)

We were there last week & people were being sent back to the lockers 2 & 3 times...no hats, no cells, no sunglasses, definitely no bags...they were asking everyone if there was anything in their pockets. On the Saturday they had barricades up forcing everyone to enter through the back & by the lockers. I felt bad for the staff...a lot of people were giving them a hard time.

Hey now, Physics is fun!

And I guarantee you would love a semester of it if we could just use those "change throwers" who are ruining this for all of us in a couple of the labs.

Since they seem enamored with motion, we'll start with Newton, and they're really not going to like the lab covering his 2nd Law.......;)

I was really meaning it like they would learn why throwing coins on a speeding coaster is a horrible idea, not just "physics is a punishment". :)

We were there last week & people were being sent back to the lockers 2 & 3 times...no hats, no cells, no sunglasses, definitely no bags...they were asking everyone if there was anything in their pockets.

I understand why they need the rules, but I need to wear my glasses. I hope they make exceptions for people with prescription glasses/sunglasses.

I understand why they need the rules, but I need to wear my glasses. I hope they make exceptions for people with prescription glasses/sunglasses.

Same for my youngest.

I guess we'll go with his sports glasses which are wraparound with a clasp. Hopefully, that will work.

We're there on the 19th for a week and will definitely report back.....

Prescription were fine...I wore my prescription sunglasses. It was more people with them perch on the top of their heads or hanging on their shirts. (Sorry for the confusion).

Prescription were fine...I wore my prescription sunglasses. It was more people with them perch on the top of their heads or hanging on their shirts. (Sorry for the confusion).

Good to know. I wonder if my lanyard, placed under my shirt will be an issue.

It's been so long since I've been to a Theme Park without it, I don't know if I could function being separated from it, the EP's, the tickets, CC's and ID. And the kids are programmed to freak out if they see Dad leaving the room or in the Park without it

Kinda like Frosty and that top hat....

Lanyards are fine; it is how almost everyone carries their passes, etc. But you will be told to tuck it in your shirt after your express pass is scanned.

They made my cousins gf take off her glasses on Hulk. It made the walk through the queue interesting. I think it was just an employee who wasn't clear on the rules and she was too shy to say anything.

Which rides have this rule where they actually stare at your shorts and make you put a wallet in a locker?

Yep, they started this a few months ago. My son was able to wear his glasses and I can wear my sunglasses. They have multiple employees in line looking as you go thru the line.

19B239D3-6684-4F67-B22C-914B70593E8D.jpg

You can see in this photo they are checking before entrance and you can see down the line on the left another TM and sign.

3F506810-D2B2-45D2-A30B-27D384CB528C.jpg

How about a lanyard under the shirt? Since they take express pass now they've got to have some allowance for that, yes?

How about a lanyard under the shirt? Since they take express pass now they've got to have some allowance for that, yes?
Yup, even over the shirt worked for us, we didn't have our phones or anything else in them...just room keys, EP and tickets. (I know some ppl carry the lanyards with phones).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter