Hulk and Dragons vs. Manta and Kraken

cns01120

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been on all of them to compare? I will be trying Manta and Kraken as a single rider soon. I have done red and blue dragon and Hulk all in the front row. I was fine on all of them. Hulk was a little rough. I didn't like the head banging and ended up with a bad headache afterwards.

How are manta and kraken in comparison? Are they more intense or about the same?

Manta is really different since you are laying down. It's very smooth, the only part that had a lot of pressure is the big inverted loop. You are on your back while at the bottom of the loop.

Kraken is good also. It's not as smooth but felt faster than the rest. I like how it seamed a longer ride and not as compact.:thumbsup2

I love roller coasters and have ridden more than my fair share of them and I have to say Manta is my all time favorite. I dream about that ride. Seriously. I often wake up feeling sort of floaty because I "flew" all night in my dreams.

I can hardly wait to get back to ride again.

Has anyone been on all of them to compare? I will be trying Manta and Kraken as a single rider soon. I have done red and blue dragon and Hulk all in the front row. I was fine on all of them. Hulk was a little rough. I didn't like the head banging and ended up with a bad headache afterwards.

How are manta and kraken in comparison? Are they more intense or about the same?

Hulk is better on the back row.Dont bang your head as much.

Kraken is a ton of fun. It is a floorless coaster which is different than both Dragon Challenge and Hulk. Dragon Challenge is an inverted coaster which means that the track is above you and your vehicle hangs so your feet are dangling. With Kraken the track is below you but your feet are still danging which is a cool feeling. I don't find it as intense as Hulk and DC...just a lot of fun.

Manta is very different from both Hulk and DC since it is a flyer and you aren't sitting down at all. It seems less intense than that others.

General consensus in the enthusiast community is that they are all at least comparable, but the Manta/Kraken pair edge out the IOA triple, with Manta in the lead.

http://www.ushsho.com/detailedsteelrollercoasterpollresults2010.htm

I haven't done the IOA triple, but the rest of my family has. I think they would put front-row Dragons first just due to the collision illusion, but Manta is easily the best flyer I've been on---and I've been on all of the US layouts now except for Tatsu, which I hear is also very good. But, Manta is head and shoulders above the Supermen and the Flying Dutchmen.

In terms of ride quality, Manta is very smooth, and Kraken is not far behind. I actually thought Kraken was a little forceless, but that's just me.

I asked my 13 year old son to put the coasters in order, but he said he couldn't, so I asked him to rate the coasters, 1 to 10 (10 best)

Hulk: 9
Dragons: 8
Kraken: 9
Manta: 7

I asked my 13 year old son to put the coasters in order, but he said he couldn't, so I asked him to rate the coasters, 1 to 10 (10 best)

Hulk: 9
Dragons: 8
Kraken: 9
Manta: 7

I'd have to agree. I'm not a fan of the flyers either. Even Tatsu at Magic Mountain wasn't fun IMHO. My 22 year old son, on the other hand, loves Flyers.

Manta was the most unique of these. I am a great fan of rollercoasters and I ride them all repeatedly. The only one which gives me pause (it doesn't stop me but it does give me pause) is Manta. It is quite a feeling....and I would do it again (after an appropriate pause of course);)

My top 20 rank of major Florida coasters:

1.Montu BGT
2.Kraken SWO
3.Sheikra BGT
4.Dragon Challenge Red or Chinese Fireball or fire IOA
5.Dragon Challenge Blue or Hungarian Horntail or ice IOA
6.Cheetah Hunt BGT
7.Hulk IOA
8.Revenge of the Mummy USF
9.Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit USF
10.Manta SWO
11.Gwazi Lion BGT
12.Gwazi Tiger BGT
13.Kumba BGT
14.Expedition Everest DAK
15.Space Mountain MK
16.Rock n Roller coaster DHS
17.Big Thunder Mountain MK
18.Dania Beach Hurricane Boomers Dania Beach, but currently closed
19.Sand Serpent BGT
20.Scorpion BGT

I'd have to agree. I'm not a fan of the flyers either. Even Tatsu at Magic Mountain wasn't fun IMHO. My 22 year old son, on the other hand, loves Flyers.

Aside from the pretzel loop the flyers are fun but that pretzel loop just kills me,literally takes my breath away,literally!!

I have been on 3 of the 4 listed and here's how I rank them:

1. Dragon Challenge (front row on both sides was INSANE)
2. Kraken
3. Hulk (loved the beginning 15 seconds but the rest gave me a headache)

I have never been on Manta but I have been on Superman at Six Flags in NJ and they are similar, but Manta seems to be much better.

Aside from the pretzel loop the flyers are fun but that pretzel loop just kills me,literally takes my breath away,literally!!

I hate the pretzel loop, it puts so much pressure on your head. I haven't ridden Manta but I have ridden Superman Ultimate Flight at Great Adventure a lot and other than that I like how it is so different than most coaster types, at least Manta looks better than Superman since Superman is basically- drop, pretzel loop, some high banked (overbanked?) turns, helix, heartline roll an brake run.

Manta,Hulk,Kraken,Dragons in that order.

The launch of Hulk is offset by the reverse outside Gs and the uniqueness of Manta.

Platinum pass re-ride privilege at SW and BG makes their rides hands down the most fun if you take that into consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter