• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hula's Magic Pin Switch Trick 1/14 MERGED

Status
Not open for further replies.
This long thread reminds me of the song that never ends ...... and I am sure it will be joined with a new sister thread soon. VMK what the ...... why did I not win the room competition. My room was definately better than theres.

They had hardly any gingerbread in their room. Why did they win they did not do a house how can they titled it Gingerbread House competition if it is not a house.

Or better still they only chose houses they never do what they say what happened to being creative doing something totally different.

No matter what 33 players they choose there is bound to be hurt players. This I will always say there should be at least 200 prizes to make it even possible to win something. That was my suggestion last time and so it was with so many players. But alas they are still sticking with 33. But you never know they could change that too :) After seeing the hundreds of awesome designs :)

When you play long enough you will learn it is the fun of building and showing off your room that is really the fun.

Okay, well I went back and re-read every single post. And I still stand by what I said. This is a run-down of what I saw.

There were comments about Hula being late, and how this is a regular thing. Most of these comments were made in good humor, with a joking tone. None of the comments that I saw about her regularly being late were said in a manner that would be misconstrued as a personal attack. Besides, it's a fact, she IS very frequently late, and I'm sure that even SHE jokes about it.

There were comments from people saying they wish they would make the event available for more people. Nothing unreasonable or insulting about that. Plus, there were suggestions along with that criticism.

One comment was made that it was "a wasted host room event"...which STILL isn't a personal attack on Hula. If someone felt that people's time was wasted, that's their opinion. Plus, that same person clarified that they hate how events are handled, not the hosts themselves.

There was questioning about why Hula was taking a break to do Treasure Detector Magic. Again, how is that insulting to her? I would wonder the same. After people explained that she was probably showing someone how to use the magic, I'm sure there was a better understanding of it.

A lot of the complaints were about Hula having really bad computer problems. And, as I said before, all of those comments were prefaced with positive statements about Hula herself. One person even suggested that maybe DISNEY should do something about this issue.

There was some discussion about how many people might be able to get through, factoring in the late start. When this was being discussed, it was not yet known that she was going to go the full two hours. And when someone made a comment about the five minute difference they were CLEARLY joking, as indicated by the numerous uses of "lol".

Personally, I think the biggest issue with this thread is that people are reading too much into statements. Which, that happens a lot on the internet. It's very difficult to communicate a lot of things through type, because there is a lacking of voice tone and facial expressions. People will read something and "hear" it in a way which was not the original writer's intention at all. A lot of the comments in this post pertained to the fact that Hula's computer is slow and clearly has issues...something that others seem to be taking to mean as the complainers are saying that she should not be a host at all. I am certain that is not what anyone meant at all. I STILL never saw a direct attack on Hula as a person, even from those who complained about how the event went.

And, if someone was unhappy with how things went, I don't understand why this can't be a forum where they can express that, as long as they are not making horrible personal attacks. It always seems like anytime anyone has a complaint about anything pertaining to this game, people go into defense mode and act like they are being unreasonable to complain. It's a fact of life that people complain. Not everyone is always happy with everything, and just as everyone else has the right to sing praises, others have the right to complain as well. Nothing is perfect and no one is perfect and that's just the way it is.

I respectively disagree, with everything but the last paragraph. I found a few statements disrespectful.

I agree with your last paragraph. This thread was not closed. Complain away, but we as a community (speaking as a player not a moderator) also can complain at being tired of the complaining.

I saw nothing broken with the game, don't want it fixed. Just my opinion, nothing more.

ETA: dont worry Pete I am back :rotfl:

On a different site, I did in fact see at least one player who commented on the fact that their main player & their clone both got a pin in yesterday's trade event. Maybe this should all be blamed on clones!!!

Here, I've come up with another solution, I've done lots of trading of items for free & have sat for long periods of time doing so. If they would like volunteers to help assist with handing out pins, I'd be happy to do so. This is with no expectation of getting anything in return, just trying to make the players happy.

This is the thread that never ends...yes it goes on & on my friends...

some people started yelling at it not knowing what is was.. and they'll continue yelling at it just because.. This is the thread that never ends..

You know I agree that the old system was so much better then the new pass. Yes if the pass was taken away I would miss being able to chat with friends while waiting in line. But for all the times of waiting 3 hours to get in the room just to crash compared to 10-40 minutes when we had only 50 people in line, all the times the pass has not worked and we were left with the agonizing decission refresh or wait it out for a couple hours? For me the pass is not all that great. I would give up the chance at chatting for a while to get the Host rooms back at 50 people in line.

I also blame this on the fact that their are now limited Host prizes. We get either buyables or pin trades for pins that we once had. Bring back the Host prizes VMK! Bring back the games we used to have where if we got a prize we were on of the 'lucky ones'. The last host prize I remember getting and thinking omg I finally won was the Jolly Roger pin. I was so excited. I was fast enough in whatever the event was and I had finally won after trying and trying. It was thrilling back then and those of us that got a pin wore it proudly. I do like teleporter games but that floods the system with multitudes of the same pin in a very short time. Not the best idea to keep those items special.

It has been said in game that hosts do not get to decide the prizes. The management has decided that we dont need Host special prizes. Remember those? Items that you could only get from winning in the host room or by trading if you were lucky enough to get someone to part with their new exclusive item.

Its about time they hear us loud and clear. If this week was filled with more chances at limited rare prizes then maybe just maybe people would not be so darn upset they did not make it into the one and only chance to get a good prize. I blame this on VMK management.

Terrific, and now for a really hot topic... the "e" in your name. It's completely unecessary. Please discuss.

18 :thumbsup2

actually, that is the traditional Gaelic spelling of it.
See, you even learned something today :)

I will say, I am surprised how many people preferred the 50 limit queue.

maybe its because of all the COMPLAINING I remember when it was there :rotfl:

Pete?

Oh and doc. DYNASTY!

Oh and doc. DYNASTY!

That sound you hear is not an explosion, nor is it a plane skidding down the runay, it is me. Trust me, I will be ok.... sunday after the Chargers beat the snot out of the Pats ;)

Pete?

Oh and doc. DYNASTY!

OMG, I remember the complaints. Please VMK, never go back to that 50 person queue. I know some people prefer it to the pass but I'm guessing the majority of players prefer the pass. I believe the limit of 50 was kind of arbitrarily chosen as a way to reduce the disconnections people experienced while waiting in line.

Also, I don't recall getting in the lucky 50 guaranteeing you would get in the room. I do remember the room closing while I was in line. I think it was more like if you were in the lucky 50, you were less likely to dc while waiting in line. However, if you sat there and clicked forever without refreshing, getting in the lucky 50 still lead to a dc.

I truly believe VMK should offer a variety of events. Some with very limited ability to participate in them due to them requiring a transaction with a host are fine. I'd love to see Hula's yard sales return! Some with no prizes are fine. I'm not into taking my picture with hosts but others love these events. Some where a gazillion prizes are given out are fine. I certainly love the teleporter events even if I end up with a ton of the same prize.

I don't believe VMK can ever be fair and I don't expect it to be. I'm sorry if that upsets some people but that's the way I feel.

Terrific, and now for a really hot topic... the "e" in your name. It's completely unecessary. Please discuss.

18 :thumbsup2

rofl it is there so I had to learn how to type it right for so long I just said lava boy cause I could never remember where that E went .

I truly believe VMK should offer a variety of events. Some with very limited ability to participate in them due to them requiring a transaction with a host are fine.

They have this it is called trying to win best guest room.

Been trying since day one. And for the first time Hula saw two of my rooms during her visiting others during the holidays other then that nope no host ever saw what I have built. So that is sure limited.:goodvibes

Well, I never complained about it. I do remember getting highly frustrated from time to time, but after seeing the current queue situation, I don't think I would ever get frustrated by a 50 person limit during a pin trading event again.

(Though of course I'm not blaming Hula for anything. Not like she has any control over how many players get in line).

I agree with those who said the 50 character queue limit is much preferred to the current system for pin trading events. I feel the same about teleporter events; before, you could get in fairly easily at any time during the event and usually get to try a couple more times if you guess wrong. Now, you're lucky if you get in twice for those. And as for other events: forget it if you aren't there the first few seconds. The comments such as be on time, you know you need to get there early, and so on simply do not apply to many of us. For evening events, those of us with work or school until late now get no chance at these things because we're not home in time for the event opening. And those of us who share computers with family members who play now have to choose which family member gets a chance at pin trading, for example. To me, the click-click-click method, while irritating, gave more of a chance to more of the VMK population; you could get in game at almost any time (except right before close) and have a chance at getting in the game. I know some people had bad luck with that, but a lot of us did not.

My sheer dislike of VMK Pass is nothing new though. This is what I wrote in January, 2007 not long after it debuted: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=16340235&postcount=15

On another topic, I managed to get #3 in queue yesterday, but I sure don't have a top of the line computer. A hunk of junk is what I have. :sad1: You can't even open a single program until the computer's been on for around 10 minutes, if that's any indication of what I deal with every day.

Perhaps VMK is just too popular to have host games anymore. I remember when the number of players on at any given time was between 3000 and 3500. Now, it is consistently between 4500 and 5500. That is a big difference.

Maybe that's why the host events with prizes have been so infrequent lately. Let's face it, even if they did a pin trading event with two or three hosts in the room at the same time, they still aren't going to be able to get through more than five or six hundred players in a 2 hour event, so they are only hitting a small percentage of the possible players at any given moment.

At least with the teleporter games and the quests in the Q most players have the option of participating. And the ride-a-thons are always a great way to stock up on items.

I still say that the VMK pass was the best thing they did. I would hate it if they took it away and we had to go back to spending an hour clicking and hoping you would click at the right moment to get into the room.

I don't think it has to be a 50-person limit - I would just rather have some limit.

They can even change it as per the type of event, as well as the allotted time. If it's a pin trade, limit the line to 150-200. If it's a teleporter game, there doesn't need to be any limits. If it's an ask-a-question/take-a-picture room, make the limit 100-150. ***There can always be a VMK Pass - line limits don't have to take that away.

I do remember the complaints, but they never originated from me because I was always in favor of line limits. ;)

I also remember all of the complaints about the old Fireworks Game, too...and look what that got us. :thumbsup2

Just because they change something because of our complaints, doesn't make that change beneficial/good for all.

The thing with the 50 person limit is you STILL had a shot in the dark to get in the host room!
you could click and hope you clicked just as a person was leaving the host room and BOOM you are now 50 ppl away from a host game.
Nowadays if you dont get in that Q withing the first 20 seconds that room opens YOU AREN'T gettin in.
(Unless it is a teleport game)
I feel the 50 person Q gave more people an equal opportunity to get in the room.

This discussion should be moved to a new thread it is a good one :)
Someone make a poll...Where is Illusionist when you need him??:lmao:

The thing with the 50 person limit is you STILL had a shot in the dark to get in the host room!
you could click and hope you clicked just as a person was leaving the host room and BOOM you are now 50 ppl away from a host game.
Nowadays if you dont get in that Q withing the first 20 seconds that room opens YOU AREN'T gettin in.
(Unless it is a teleport game)
I feel the 50 person Q gave more people an equal opportunity to get in the room.

This discussion should be moved to a new thread it is a good one :)
Someone make a poll...Where is Illusionist when you need him??:lmao:

hah! good idea, the subject is way off an event that happened days ago :)

Lets close this up, and feel free to start that subject up in a thread of its own :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter