Huge Cost Of Tickets Does Have Advantages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do take the abilty to visit Disney for granted. I am always surprised and taken aback when I find out that one of my daughter's friends has not gone to Disney. I do totally agree that not being able to afford Disney does not translate into "Trash". Some of the most wonderful people in the world are poor, also some of the richest are "trashy".

Many folks feel that Disney is beneath them, and we are considered riff raff.

I thought the last line of your post was so TRUE. We have members of our family that I will describe as a little "uppity" and they believe that Disney is "beneath" them.

When I was describing how amazing that Epcot is, the mother in this particular family said, "but I want my children to SEE the real Eiffel Tower" then she made some comment that it was very 'redneck' of me to think that this was really exposing my children to other cultures. Blah! Blah! Blah!:rotfl:

I actually thought it was a funny statement, because I would never trade the memories that we have had at Disney for any amount of money!

I understand your point, but at the same time, I think it begs to be said that being too poor to afford WDW tickets does not automatically mean that you are trashy. I know that's not what you meant yet while the high prices of disney tickets keeps out those who may "abuse" the park, it also keeps out plenty of well-mannered yet impoverished children who would love a day of Disney magic.
ITA.

So each birthday for my kids, they pick a child to take who has never been. I love giving kids their first taste of Disney magic.

I think this is so great, maybe another thread should be started on this!!! Do you pay for this other child, everything?

douchebag.jpg

And that's my final word.

subtle. :rotfl: :rotfl: :goodvibes

editing to mention that I'm not saying that's how I feel about the OP or anyone in this thread. I just thought it was funny, being a near lifelong SNL fan.

I think this is so great, maybe another thread should be started on this!!! Do you pay for this other child, everything?

What I personally do is pay for their ticket, ears with their name on them (because I mean it's the LAW, right?...gotta have 'em!) and I also give them $25 to spend. All in all, it costs me about $150 or so (counting meals). But that's part of my daughters' presents. They love to do it (and so do I). They'd prefer to share the magic then have $150 to spend on themselves.

We like to visit both WDW and Universal on every trip. While Universal is different than Disney, we never experienced any of those things. The parks were very clean we had a wonderful time there.

I don't think the amount of money you do or do not have has any bearing on what kind of person you are. It is in how you were raised and the kind of person you choose to be. I didn't grow up with money and we couldn't afford to go to Disney until I was 24 years old but I raised in a wonderful home.

My husband comes from money, and I don't. He was raised in the city, I in the country. He really doesn't get a lot of my family members and looks down upon them. So many times it is my hubby that I have to keep in check. He is not a bad person, it is just not what he is used to and he has preconceived notions about people.

It depends I am always prepared to pay for everything, but most of the time the parents give me some money. DD is an only child so it is really great when a friend can come on vacation. Although, right now many of her friends are not quite ready to go on a trip away from home for a week. So we take some older kids like 12 or 13 years old from church, they are friends of DD but not peers.

I really want to take a friend with us on our cruise, but it is not so easy taking a child out of the country.

It's easier for me being that we're FL residents. We can take a "spare" kid with us for a day trip. That's what we usually do. Hubby is also a CM now so I imagine we'll be doing more of it because we can use his discount now.

I have come to realize that one of the primary reasons that WDW is a pleasant place to go is the fact that you don't have the "Trash" that you find in other parks simply because they can't afford it. A quick example is Universal where you can find alot more half drunk partiers running around etc. I originally lived in NJ before moving to Tampa and the 6 Flags park was so full of troublemakers that I refused to go and trust me, I am no saint.
Frankly it would not surprise me if Disney executives factor this in when they decide what to charge. Once you get to a certain price point you generally tend to get a different class of people at a park. As much as I hate to shell out the 375 or so bucks for my season pass, I do realize it has advantages in the long run.

TROLL ALERT!!!
That said, apparently some people were not raised properly because then they would know that it's the height of incivility to talk "trash" about the less fortunate.
BTW, I believe you when you say that you're no saint because a saint wouldn't be a snot.
I've never seen a drunk at Universal and I've been there at least as many times as I've been to WDW. I have seen people tipsy at Epcot.

I have come to realize that one of the primary reasons that WDW is a pleasant place to go is the fact that you don't have the "Trash" that you find in other parks simply because they can't afford it.
Hoo Boy! I agree with you on this one. However, I made much the same point a few months ago (only I called them "undesirables") and some posters jumped all over me, calling me everything from "rude" to ... well, you get my point.

That's the main reason for the line in my signature below.

Again, I agree with you all the way.

Karnak

TROLL ALERT!!!
That said, apparently some people were not raised properly because then they would know that it's the height of incivility to talk "trash" about the less fortunate.
BTW, I believe you when you say that you're no saint because a saint wouldn't be a snot.
I've never seen a drunk at Universal and I've been there at least as many times as I've been to WDW. I have seen people tipsy at Epcot.

They have what? 6 posts?

I think it's a troll. And I'm sitting here laughing because I live (near Branson) in what Jay Leno called the "White Trash Capitol of the World". I guess we can't get bigger press than that! True, most of us are white, but the "trash" term is something many of us just get used to hearing. It's now about equal with "Hillbilly".

Many of us DO go to WDW, and on the whole we're pretty well behaved. We leave our overalls at home, we try not spit on the sidewalks, we keep our tabaccy chewing to a minimum, we don't pee in the bushes or smash beer cans into our foreheads and we don't scratch our crotches in public. It's a strain, but we manage.;)

DisFlan

I am personally offended by anyone who was offended by the OP:confused3 If we are simply looking for things to be offended by, why not? It makes as much sense.

Logic:

I am personally thrilled that my daughter is not in a co-ed dorm at school. Why? Well, it is my feeling that a vast majority of sexual predators are men. Am I implying that ALL men are sexual predators? Of course not. If someone decides to be offended because she infers from my statement that all men are dogs.....I will not apologize for the obvious comprehension problem of the "offended"

The OP contends that most people who act "trashy" in a public place tend to be low income. Personally, I am not sure how much I agree with that, but it does not matter! The OP DID NOT IMPLY THAT ALL POOR PEOPLE ARE TRASH! :rolleyes:

I would say that some of the idiots I have seen at the generic local amusement park do not seem to pop up at WDW. I like that! Either the morons cannot afford to go OR the morons are better behaved because it is too expensive to risk getting thrown out.

As for the tears for the majority of poor people who are decent people and who can't afford to go? It makes for a great topic, but the OP wasn't talking about them, was she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter