HUGE announcement from Universal

Sorry, ticket ? but OT: is the buy adult ticket/get childs ticket free/plus 3 days more free usually offered every year? This new $85 deal is great but since we have younger kids, the previous deal is better for us.
We won't be at Universal until late 2007 and am hoping that the first mentioned deal will show up again next year???

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Fan2CSkr said:
7 days entrance into both parks for $85 is a whole lotta entertainment value in my book. What do ya want free? ;)
No, but I always found the AP to be a better deal in my opinion.
The $99 renewal on the APs are amazing, plus you get free parking and discounts.

Definitely a good promo though, seems like their hotel discounts are going nowhere though lately so instead we see ticket discounts.

I just thought by "huge announcement" there was some new ride information, or something of that sort. :thumbsup2

I was going to buy 2 day 2 park tickets with 3rd day free at Ticketmania for $107 each (all adults), which was a better deal than any I'd seen until this one. Gate price is over $122 for this ticket option.

$85 for up to 7 days is a deal for us at $22 less than Ticketmania per ticket. Okay less than $20 after tax and/or shipping. We plan on visiting the Universal Parks at least two days during our next trip to Florida and I think this is the way for us to go.

Foladar said:
No, but I always found the AP to be a better deal in my opinion.
The $99 renewal on the APs are amazing, plus you get free parking and discounts.

Definitely a good promo though, seems like their hotel discounts are going nowhere though lately so instead we see ticket discounts.

I just thought by "huge announcement" there was some new ride information, or something of that sort. :thumbsup2

I totally agree about the AP being the best deal. Each time they offer some sort of AP promo I buy it and now we all have 3+ years before our passes expire.
I've also been wondering what the heck is up with the APH rates as of late. Still hoping for them to kick in before my Oct trip.

This deal of $85 for those w/o or not wanting the AP is quite good. Especially when you break it down to the $12 a day for entrance into both parks.

I wish by "huge announcement" it meant we would be seeing something new too! I was just teasing you. :)

bubba's mom said:
Got me the Bealls buy 1 year get 1 free deal....I'm pretty happy with that! :teeth:

Me too! Guess that means we have to plan more trips. :cool1:

Taimgxe-
Thank you so very much for posting that info!! You just saved my vacation. Honestly that $150 that you just helped me save was the difference in whether we crossed over to the other side and made our first trip to Universal or not! Thanks again!

For anyone else interested the phone number is 407-224-7840

Great deal! My husband and I renewed our AP's back in August, but at the time did not renew our son's AP since our son is not much into the parks but loves to spend time at the pool. We will be returning to Orlando in July '07 and of course plan on visiting Universal. I was talking to my husband about renewing my son's pass since our window of opportunity to so so will expire tomorrow. This will work out perfectly for us and save a few $$ as well!

Are these tickets still available through Universal? Could not pull them up on website, maybe I am just overlooking them.

littlemisshunter said:
Are these tickets still available through Universal? Could not pull them up on website, maybe I am just overlooking them.

No, they are no longer on the website. But if you phone before tomorrow, you can still get the tickets.

BrerMama said:
I'm correct in thinking there's no expiration date, right? Should I buy now for our trip next June? Do the deals get any better than this?

It's impossible to predict what promo they'll offer next, but we paid $75 in July for 5 day passes. This ticket gets you 2 extra days though. It really depends on how many days you plan to visit the parks. Unfortunately, that was the only time I've seen the $75 deal. The $85 deal in some form (5 to 7 days) has been offered every year that I can remember.

Adding 2 extra days to the passes was a pretty smart move. We've been buying the 5 day passes & staying onsite 5 nights to use them. If we don't buy APs next time, we'll have to stay 7 nights just to use up our passes. :teeth: It's all about getting a good value for your vacation dollar, don't you know? :rotfl2:

FWIW, I think this promo is better for many of UOs guests. The free kids ticket promo was a slight to those of us with older kids. I think it's better to offer promos that are available to everyone.

I just called Universal directly and was told I could not purchase those tickets any longer. (95.99 child's ticket free)
We really missed out on a deal for us being we have a nine year old.

Fan2CSkr said:
I totally agree about the AP being the best deal. Each time they offer some sort of AP promo I buy it and now we all have 3+ years before our passes expire.
I've also been wondering what the heck is up with the APH rates as of late. Still hoping for them to kick in before my Oct trip.

This deal of $85 for those w/o or not wanting the AP is quite good. Especially when you break it down to the $12 a day for entrance into both parks.

I wish by "huge announcement" it meant we would be seeing something new too! I was just teasing you. :)

What kind of promos have you gotten? I've only been a Uni passholder for a little more than a year and I haven't gotten any big promos so far.

I love teh Uni AP - I think it's a far better deal than the Disney AP, not because it's cheaper, but because the discounts are so much deeper on shopping and dining.

But the cheapness is great too. I renewed at the $99 rate; only problem is that I will probably only get 1 day in teh Uni parks this year.

Wow...! Sorry, folks!

Sounds like Universal changed their mind.
I was told yesterday by a representative @ Universal that they would continue to sell the 2-day adult/free child tickets until friday of this week. I received my confirmation via email yesterday. Either they had a run on tickets via phone or they decided to stop the sale altogether.
We are trying out Universal for the 1st time. We normally got to Disney. For the extended weekend we have, these tickets were perfect for my family. I didn't want to pay a ransom for Disney.

taimgxe said:
Wow...! Sorry, folks!

Sounds like Universal changed their mind.
I was told yesterday by a representative @ Universal that they would continue to sell the 2-day adult/free child tickets until friday of this week. I received my confirmation via email yesterday. Either they had a run on tickets via phone or they decided to stop the sale altogether.
We are trying out Universal for the 1st time. We normally got to Disney. For the extended weekend we have, these tickets were perfect for my family. I didn't want to pay a ransom for Disney.

Don't sweat it, at least one person (you) was stil able to take advantage of the older offer. It was nice of you to tell everybody when you heard about it, even if Universal pulled it before anybody else could use it.

The old offer was better for families with younger kids, the new offer is better for families with older kids. Maybe Universal is trying out a bunch of different promotions to see which one gets the most response.

For US, the Mastercard Offer is better, (5) park passes that are good for 5 days, for $399 :

Buy four (4) 2-Day 2-Park All Guest Tickets and receive the 5th one free! Enjoy two (2) days admission to both Universal Studios Florida® AND Universal’s Islands of Adventure® theme parks.

Plus, for a limited time, when you buy a 2-Day ticket you get three (3) additional days FREE, for a total of five (5) consecutive days of admission.

We usually only go to Universal for 3 days, and we need 6 tickets all together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter