Hucifer's recipe for disaster

But either way, I was only looking out for our beloved PTR writer here, who (whom?) I was afraid would get this person confused with her hubby Dan.
Thanks for looking out for me, buddy. And I think it's "whom."

I think we just need another chapter from Hucifer. popcorn::
Coming soon.

Is this always going to be THIS confusing???? I'm on pain meds over here so maybe I'm just more confused than normal.
Pretty much. But don't stop your meds!

Well, it’s a little late for that news. Do you have any idea how much I’ve shelled out over the years for therapy?

To think that all this time I could have gotten “Great-grampa Garfield” out of my head by eating a bunch of broccoli.
Well, purging is the body's way of getting rid of physical ailments. Ain't nuthin' gonna help what Grampa Garfield did to you. Except maybe Poolrat's meds.

Great-grandpa Garfield frowns upon nudity
How else are you going to make great grandchildren?

Great-grandpa Garfield frowns upon…...blindness
That's why he had you.

Remind me not to borrow your cellphone
Okay.

You’re a member of menthol? I’m impressed. I couldn’t get in….but I think that reading your TR is making me more smarter..
Well, I don't mean to brag...
But yes, you will get more smarter. Not menthol-smart, but still.
That’s because they’re old….and they just don’t make em like they used to.
Which is why Grampa Garfield frowns upon nudity.
i knew you were talking about me rosie...glenn was confused.
It doesn't take much. Poor, confused little man.

glenn confused miss rosie, in her age? :sad2: how mean. or maybe rosie confused glenn in his old age...either way someone is confused::yes::
I think we all are now.

i-t28kMFD-L.jpg

The Disney Deities, thinking things over. They want to know whether or not Dan is making burgers on that grill. And, if so, whether or not they're veggie burgers. Much may hinge on these answers.
I had no idea those guys were so...close. A little unnerving.
Mmmm...veggie burgers...

My silly, anti-WDW DH tried telling me, while I was pregnant, that he wouldn't let me raise our boy as a WDW lover. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Silly spouses have no idea what diabolical tricks we have up our sleeves. Oh, I've been priming Patrick for years now.

Fort Wilderness! That is going to be amazing, I bet. Even though my only experiences with the place are childhood visits to Hoop-de-Do (hazy memories by now), and a single walk through the Fort one recent-ish January. And even though I have never, like never ever, been camping. It looked like a really fun place to stay.
It really does look awesome. I only read positive things about it.
(Actually, I totally fantasize about staying in one of the cabins there and finishing my book.)
What a great idea! Talk about the perfect environment!
Maybe you should start practicing your towel animals now.
:sad1:
Step 1. Goto: Amazon.com. Step 2. Search for "The Lost Art of Towel Origami". Step 3. Invite your friends over and prepare to be a rock star. :laundy:
I smell a Christmas gift!

GB, I totally want to change my user name to NoryTheStoryBell now!
It does have a certain je ne sais quois, n'est pas?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
– Oscar Wilde

With any good recipe, I’m sure to alter it slightly. When it calls for a clove of garlic, I’ll put in a head. If it lists vegetable oil, I’ll substitute with grapeseed or coconut. (Blech! Vegetable oil!) So by the time I’m done cooking, it may or may not resemble the original recipe.

“Dash of sarcasm”? Pffffffft. I can do better than that. This will go a whole lot better with one of those gallon-sized containers I keep in the shed. Cuz as far as sarcasm goes, mama has plenty.

Coming up next: Optional ingredient: The in-laws

Thou has ninja posted me oh witty one.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
– Oscar Wilde

“Dash of sarcasm”? Pffffffft. I can do better than that. This will go a whole lot better with one of those gallon-sized containers I keep in the shed. Cuz as far as sarcasm goes, mama has plenty.

Coming up next: Optional ingredient: The in-laws
Wilde was a whiner.

Oh hell no. If you think I’m going to throw in any of those, you’re even crazier than me. Good freaking thing it’s optional, because I’m dumping this one from the pile.

Next!

Ingredient #3: steaming pile of travel agent
A good call that.

Amended - And another ninja post above. Up there ^ that a ways a bit. In reply, no, as long as you are using 2 ply.

Thou has ninja posted me oh witty one.
I am slowly mastering the art.
Wilde was a whiner.
He must have been a riot at parties.
A good call that.
It's called a "vacation" for a reason.
Amended - And another ninja post above. Up there ^ that a ways a bit.
I TOLD you I was mastering that art.
In reply, no, as long as you are using 2 ply.
I have so much to learn from you, master. [bows head in respect]

We are going August 18-30. Any chance you might run us over in your golf cart?
our golf cart will be checking out a few days before you arrive.

Seriously, I'm very intrigued now.

he may be referring to a certain someone who likes to walk across the road in there skivvies and accidentally get caught by the high beams of disney transportation.:rolleyes1

I am not joking, this is the actual book description: Fold…crease…smile! Add joy and memorability to any bathroom with an artfully-folded roll of toilet paper. Learn to make snow-capped mountains, shooting stars and swimming swans; palm trees, tropical fish, and ships at sea; fantastic fans, flowers and foliage; birthday cakes, candles and bows...

Our bathrooms have little to no joy or memorability. I'm thinking it may be time to change that with some artfully placed snow-capped mountains.

And in case you're sick of the same-old-same-old holiday decorations this year, check out the sequel!

our golf cart will be checking out a few days before you arrive.
Well, that stinks. I was looking forward to getting some tire tracks on my back.

he may be referring to a certain someone who likes to walk across the road in there skivvies and accidentally get caught by the high beams of disney transportation.:rolleyes1
Okay...it took five long nights, but I finally finished your TR. Some notes:

1) Candi is absolutely adorable. Heck, your whole family is beautiful. Parker look like a very happy kid.
2) Your parents are very youthful-looking.
3) You are brave to travel for all that time with the parents. Very brave. Did you guys all stay in the same camper?
4) Not enough info/photos of FW to my liking
5) The Olive Garden story: worthless without pics.
6) The late-night shower run: worthless without pics.
7) You have really bad luck with trailer tires.

Hold old are Parker and Noelle now? How old will they be when you take them back to WDW?

I am not joking, this is the actual book description: Fold&crease&smile! Add joy and memorability to any bathroom with an artfully-folded roll of toilet paper. Learn to make snow-capped mountains, shooting stars and swimming swans; palm trees, tropical fish, and ships at sea; fantastic fans, flowers and foliage; birthday cakes, candles and bows...

Our bathrooms have little to no joy or memorability. I'm thinking it may be time to change that with some artfully placed snow-capped mountains.

And in case you're sick of the same-old-same-old holiday decorations this year, check out the sequel!

I agree that the mountains will be a nice touch to any latrine decour. I can't wait for Santa to bring me this book! :hyper:

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
–Napoleon Bonaparte

So…I convinced Dan into taking our only child to Disney World for the first time with the promise of staying in the campgrounds. Now I have to suck it up and do Disney from a camper. Nice going, knucklehead. This entire experience is all new for me. I’m new to camping. New to travel trailers. New to Fort Wilderness. I need some information before I start planning. To the Internets!

They say that Google is your friend, so I consulted my BFF to ask him about Fort Wilderness. What’s great about Google is that, due to our extensive relationship, he knows me well enough to suggest which websites I want to visit. So when I called him up, you can imagine the last thing on his mind was Fort Wilderness since I never frequent camping sites. Like ever.

Me: [typing] F…
Google: Are you looking for Furries again, Wendy?
Me: [typing] o…
Google: Ah, Foot Fetishes. Right.
Me: [getting impatient] r…
Google: Forceps fun? Ooh, it’s been awhile.
Me: [typing as fast as I can] …t wilderness
Google: What the crap is this?
Me: I’m turning over a new leaf.
Google: I’m judging you so hard right now.

After convinced that I wasn’t kidding, Google reluctantly shows me lots of informational websites, including a forum that is completely dedicated to all things Fort Wilderness. Why does Fort Wilderness need its own message boards? Because the damn resort is big enough to declare its own zip code, that’s why. FW has its own internal bus route, if that gives you any idea. This FW board contains everything you need to know about the resort. Perfect for idiots like me who convinced her family that this was the way to experience Walt’s World. Staying there isn’t as simple as making a reservation. Oh no, my friend. There’s like seventy-three loops to choose from, all of which are categorized in four different price ranges, all of which have something different to offer. Then there’s location of said loops to consider: proximity to comfort stations, pools, restaurants, docks, yer mama, bus stops. Some back up to rivers, some back up to other sites, some have swampy low spots, others have longer sites. But no matter what loop you pick, you pretty much need to rent a golf cart because it bears repeating that the campgrounds have their own zip code. And said golf carts will set you back no less than $65/day. So all that money you saved bringing your own temporary home? Bye.

I’m a bit overwhelmed. But during my research Google shows me a WDW travel agent that – get this – specializes in Fort Wilderness. Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit. I usually book my own travel, but this travel agent is going to be my new BFF. She’ll make my life so much easier! She’ll bring my Fort Wilderness experience to a whole new level. She’s going to make me so happy that I’m gonna love her and hug her and squeeze her and call her George. Let’s make contact!

Thursday, October 10. Noon.
“Dear Fort Wilderness Travel Agent spiritual guidance guru and new best friend,” I happily type. “Boy do I need your help.” I hit Send, sit back, and grin. I just hit the travel agent jackpot. I couldn’t wait to hear back from her. The trip planning was about to begin, and my trusty new travel agent was going to make my life easy. I hoped she could respond by the late afternoon; I was anxious to chat with her and get reservations set. Nothing, not even a travel trailer, could dampen my enthusiasm now.

Friday, October 11. Noon.
Twenty-four hours later, I guess I was a little disappointed. No answer yet. Did she get my e-mail? I did send it from work, after all. Maybe she never got it. Let’s call her this time. So I dial the number, heart pumping anxiously as her line rings. A woman answers.

TA: Yeah?
Me: [taken aback] Uhh…may I please speak with the Fort Wilderness Travel Agent spiritual guidance guru?
TA: Speaking. (Which sounded a lot like, “Who wants to know?”)
Me: Oh hi! My name is Hucifer and I sent you an e-mail yesterday…did you get it?...and I have a lot of questions and can’t wait to start working with you.
TA: [suddenly perks up] Oh, hello! Yes, I did get your message.
Me: [thinking] And you didn’t respond because…?
TA: What size camper do you have?
Me: [thinking] That info was in the e-mail that you apparently didn’t read.
Me: Twenty-seven feet.
TA: What loop do you want?
Me: [thinking] That was also in the unread e-mail. I have no clue. That’s why I came to you.
Me: I don’t know. I was thinking about full hookup, but I don’t know the advantages from full to preferred to premium. I want something quiet but not too far from the action.
TA: Oh, then I recommend Loop 1700. It’s pretty close to the pool, but quiet enough. Do you belong to AAA? You can get a discount if you’re an AAA member. The discount will be more than the membership, so I always recommend getting one.
Me: [feeling relieved] Sounds great! No, I’m not a member. But I’ll check into—
TA: I’ll look at the rates for August and get back to you.
Me: Okay! Great! Man, I am so happy I found you. I have so many questions. First of all—
TA: I’m in FW right now, actually. I’m setting up my site and I’ll be heading to Hollywood Studios in a bit.
Me: Oh. Okay.
TA: So I’ll look into it and get back to you later.
Me: Sure.
TA: “Hucifer” is an unusual name. Is it French?

Despite the rocky start, I could tell this was really going to work out for me. She stays at FW a lot, so she obviously knows the place. That makes her an expert TA in my book. Plus, the AAA discount hint was a real bonus. I sat back and waited for her information.

Monday, Oct 14. Noon.
Three days later, I was getting a little impatient. I REALLY wanted to book this vacation. I typed up another e-mail. “Dear guru,” I typed. “It was great to talk to you! Here are the dates of our travel. Will I be able to get the AAA discount?”

Send.

Then I waited.

Tuesday, Oct 15. 9am.
On Tuesday morning I went back to work from my long weekend. I saw that on Friday the TA actually e-mailed my work address (which I asked her not to) and said that she was able to get the AAA discount for the dates listed.

Which were the wrong dates.

Okay, she sent this message on Friday before my follow-up message on Monday, which gave her the specific dates. No biggee. But she didn’t respond to my Monday message and now it was Tuesday.

“Thank you for booking our travel!” I type from my home account. “That’s great about the discount. As you probably saw from the message I sent yesterday, I have different travel dates. Were you able to book the 1700 loop we discussed? Can you answer the list of questions I sent you?”

Send.

And then I waited.

Thursday, Oct 17. Noon.
Two days later, I was getting irritated. A week has now passed since my initial contact, and I don’t even know if my dates are booked.

Me: Ugh, she’s so frustrating.
Dan: Just book it yourself already! I keep telling you that.
Me: Trust me, she’s the best option. That AAA discount tip was brilliant. Who knows what other juicy nuggets she’ll have for me?
Dan: [mumbling] Yer mama’s a…juicy…nugget.
Me: What’s that?
Dan: Huh?

I sat down to my computer. “Dear figment of my imagination,” I type. “You’ve been as reticent as the Dreamfinder. I have sent several follow-up e-mails, but I get nothing in return but crickets. If this is a bad time, let me know. I still have questions about FW.”

Send.

Not ten minutes later, an e-mail appears. “I am out but call me on my cell. Thank you for your business!”

She’s responding! Excited, I hit Reply. “Can’t call right now,” I type. “I’m at work. I really need to know if my new dates are booked. Also, here is that list of questions I keep sending you. Notice that it grows every time I send it. Answers would be awesome. Write me back later today. Thanks!”

Send.

And then I waited.

Saturday, October 19. 9am.
By Saturday, I was done. “Dear Agent Absent,” I type. “I have to apologize. I should have told you from the beginning that I expect my travel agent to reply to me. Thank you for sucking the fun out of this Disney vacation planning experience. If you’re not dead or in a coma, cancel my reservations and do us both a favor and remove my name from your contact list. You are hereby no longer my BFF.”

Send.

Tuesday, October 22. 10pm.
Three days later, I got a response. “You’re absolutely right that I am lame and I’m sorry for not telling you how bad my customer service skills are. Here are your answers…”

And of my ten or so questions, she answered…two.

So…it’s twelve days after making contact with the Travel Agent Apathetic, and I am still no closer to a Disney vacation.

It can only go up from here, right?

Up next: Optional ingredient: more clueless travel agents

Oh Hucifer you crack me up !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: Have you found a BFF TA yet ???? Or are you gonna wing it yourself !!!;):confused3:goodvibes

Oh Hucifer you crack me up !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: Have you found a BFF TA yet ???? Or are you gonna wing it yourself !!!;):confused3:goodvibes

Wow, that was quick. Do you live on these boards?

As far as answering your question...stay tuned, my friend. More drama to come.

See, that's what you get for cheating on your BFF Google with the FT W spirit guide. You made the Google angry. :badpc:

Jill in CO

Wow, that was quick. Do you live on these boards?

As far as answering your question...stay tuned, my friend. More drama to come.

No just perfect timimg !!! I am at work and waiting for 3 individuals to get home so as I am all caught up I am relaxing on the Dis . Working alone again but sometimes that is better !!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter