HS with all the major rides as Tier 1

igrsod

DIS Veteran
How have people found their day at HS with so many rides being Tier 1 now? I'm curious. I just did our fast passes yesterday and it was very annoying for HS... pick one ride, then star tours, then a throw away show FP.... but if it makes wait times quicker overall then it could be worth it?

I agree - its the worst system ever! Even more annoying than Epcot. It's like they're purposely creating long wait times everywhere for what? To justify price increases because "of the crowds"??? I just can't think of any logical reason to do it this way.

This past trip we didn't bother with EEMH and showed up right at regular open (9:00). By 9:17 we had tapped out of 2 tier 2 FP's and had added TSM as our 3rd FP for an immediate time. There was a lot of availability for tier 1 FP's throughout the day, other than SDD (which can be found but not as easily), so it was actually easier to accomplish more than it was previously. Nobody knows yet how things will shake out once EEMH are no longer though.

FP at DHS is WDW’s version of DL’s MaxPass. I often wonder if it’s a ‘test’ of the availability of Tier 1s even with the pre-booking of FPs.

We use MaxPass at DLR and not only ride everything we ‘need’ to ride by using a FP, we can stack Tier 1 level rides and end the day with 4 or more stacked FPs for that last hour or so of the day.

I’m hoping we can score some good ones day of. I have Slinky at 8:30. Going to tap in to LM and MV and see what happens. Thanksgiving week might make it tough.

It actually allows a greater number of guests to find Tier 1 rides as their FP#4 and so on.

Plan your initial 3 FPs for early in the day and move up the Tier 2s to complete them sooner and then have a choice of Tier 1s to book.
How have day of FP's been to get? Usually for us, prior to this change, after our initial 3 all that is left are the shows that don't really need a FP for.

How have day of FP's been to get? Usually for us, prior to this change, after our initial 3 all that is left are the shows that don't really need a FP for.
Now, there’s a supply of Tier 1s from which to choose after you’ve completed or tapped out of your initial 3. This strategy works because of the # of rides that are Tier 1s and also the # of guests who still don’t know they can book a FP#4 etc.

Guests who arrive later in the day and book FPs upon entry can easily book a Tier 1.

I know everyone has had a lot of luck scoring all these Tier 1 FP4+. But that has been with EEMH making it so that lots of people accomplished those e-ticket rides without FP early in the day so didn't need all those FPs. I am curious to see how it goes now that EEMH is over and everyone is hunting for the same Tier 1s all day. I'm nervous that Thursday is not going to go well for us. One of the first days without any EMH and Christmas special filming to boot. Might be an ugly day.

once u tap your tier two and use your tier one, do u only get one more tier one fast pass or can you book more?

Originally I didn't like it at all. However, using it 2 weeks ago, sort of changed my mind.
We had a FP for SDD. Once we used all 3 FPs, other than SDD, we got multiple FPs for RNRC, ToT, TSMM, nearly at whatever time we wanted. Other than SDD, FPs for the other tier 1 were easy to get.
Still hope it changes again when SWGE gets FPs, but it worked much better than I expected.

I know everyone has had a lot of luck scoring all these Tier 1 FP4+. But that has been with EEMH making it so that lots of people accomplished those e-ticket rides without FP early in the day so didn't need all those FPs. I am curious to see how it goes now that EEMH is over and everyone is hunting for the same Tier 1s all day. I'm nervous that Thursday is not going to go well for us. One of the first days without any EMH and Christmas special filming to boot. Might be an ugly day.

I can only check for a party of 2 but right now (4:52 at the park) all 4 are available with lots of choice within 90 mins.

once u tap your tier two and use your tier one, do u only get one more tier one fast pass or can you book more?

You need to tap/use your two tier 2s and one tier 1, as soon as you tap into the third attraction you can get one more at a time without tier restrictions, so as many as you can manage.

Eemh has thrown off the stats but. Will be interesting how many extra tier 1s people get when it's back to normal hours. Plus the first 2 tier 1 you book on the day is just equal to when you could get 3 decent fp before change

I'd love to hear how it goes if you don't mind reporting back. :)

EEMH has probably helped at the margins, but ultimately, it’s just math. There’s gonna be ~70,000 T1 FPs in a 12 hour day, and ~31,000 guests. Also, since people can only book another T1FP after they’ve used their first, only a little over 5,000 people an hour are burning through that first T1 FP. Combine all that with people coming late, leaving early, and having late night SDD FPs as their prebook, and finding a T1 has been a breeze.

This will of course not be true come the holidays when there’s 60,000 people and 70,000 T1 FPs. But on most days it’s great.

The "easier to get a fourth tier 1 fast pass" reasoning only works if you are able to get SDD early. When we went in September, we were not. We could only get it at 7pm. Luckily, we went during EEMH hours and could ride all the other Tier 1 rides before 9. With no EMH hours, I would think you would have to rope drop SDD if you can't get an early FP and get the next most popular one (ToT or RnRC or TSMM) for 9-10, then hope for the best. I am still hoping when they open Runaway Railway and RotR this current tiering system will change, before we go back in March and June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter