HS parkwide power outage

OMG. That would be my biggest fear ever! (Not that you could ever get me to go on TOT.) Could that even happen? There has to be some sorta safety over ride to get people down in case of power outage or something, right?!?

of course there are safety systems in place to get you off the ride if the power goes out .. at any point in the ride... I haven't experienced this first hand, however, I have absolutely NO DOUBT that Disney has contingency plans for EVERY RIDE, at every POINT.. to remove guests, should it come to that.

They are not amateurs in this game. They've done this a time or two. Any major organization has significant "risk mitigation departments" who's sole purpose is planning for the "unexpected".

You have no need to worry

There is a power outage. What is the big deal!!! Just move to another park. I can't believe people get worked up over stuff that no one has any can control over. They are giving out fast passes to come back on another day.

Would you know the difference if it dropped anyway? :scared1:

You probably would when you got to the bottom and the electric powered breaking system didn't kick in! :rolleyes:

Great... now I'm thinking about that actually happening. Just when I talked myself into riding it this trip!

There is a power outage. What is the big deal!!! Just move to another park. I can't believe people get worked up over stuff that no one has any can control over. They are giving out fast passes to come back on another day.

Not that many people are making a "big deal" about it (I mostly see curiosity about what the park is like power-less and some humorous posts), but if I were at that park and didn't have park hopping on my tickets, or if it were my last day of vacation, it'd be kind of a "big deal" to me.

I don't see anyone on here getting "worked up" about it. Just a little discussion.

It is 30 min before the end of the work day for me. I have spent the last two weeks on budgets and we are closing in on a long weekend. This is EXCITING for me to read about. Keep the info coming! :rotfl2:

Well I for one would be very irritated, and I'm not surprised if others are as well. I'm sure that many people are not able to go back to HS due to ADRs at other locations, other plans or simply the fact that their vacation isn't that long. It's already Wednesday and many people will be leaving Friday. Giving people who live thousands of miles away a FP good until Aug.30 doesn't really do them much good. I know that if HS shuts down on the day we're scheduled to be there, that's it, we won't be able to visit that park because we have too many other things planned for the rest of the week.

Not that many people are making a "big deal" about it (I mostly see curiosity about what the park is like power-less and some humorous posts), but if I were at that park and didn't have park hopping on my tickets, or if it were my last day of vacation, it'd be kind of a "big deal" to me.

I don't see anyone on here getting "worked up" about it. Just a little discussion.

I realize this is a hypothetical, but maybe the guest should talk to the ticket CM's at the gate, before getting "worked up". It would be worth asking if they could visit another park.

For those that are there how.....were you made aware when you entered the park today that it is closing at 6 for a "special party"?

We have annual passes and I was aware of this when I entered the park today, but I don't think they are mentioning this to people. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have no clue and just assume it will be open until 9 or so.

Well I for one would be very irritated, and I'm not surprised if others are as well. I'm sure that many people are not able to go back to HS due to ADRs at other locations, other plans or simply the fact that their vacation isn't that long. It's already Wednesday and many people will be leaving Friday. Giving people who live thousands of miles away a FP good until Aug.30 doesn't really do them much good. I know that if HS shuts down on the day we're scheduled to be there, that's it, we won't be able to visit that park because we have too many other things planned for the rest of the week.

Of course or would be upsetting, but that's just life. Sometimes things don't go as planned. We can't control the things that happen, but we can control our response to them. Very irritated? At whom? For what? WDW can provide many positive alternate experiences. Choose joy!!!

My sister is at HS today for her first time ever. She will only be at HS for one day and she does not have park hoppers. No doubt, this will probably be her last time.

Gracefulskinny said:
You probably would when you got to the bottom and the electric powered breaking system didn't kick in! :rolleyes:

Great... now I'm thinking about that actually happening. Just when I talked myself into riding it this trip!

Now that would be a killer ride!

Sent from my Desire HD using DISBoards

How would you like it if you were waiting in line for an hour and not be able to ride it because of a power outage? And, it doesn't matter if they give you a Fastpass, you still wasted an hour doing nothing.

I'm starting to think that Disney is wired something similar to this...

outlet_zps3fdaa4b6.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter