HS parkwide power outage

To think of all those people at rope drop who "walked" to TSM this morning to get there FP.

What will they do with their useless piece of paper?

Oh the humanity!

Disney should be ashamed!

Assuming this isn't a quick fix, one would think they'd allow those that entered HS today with one day/one park tickets would be allowed to go to a different park, right?

To think of all those people at rope drop who "walked" to TSM this morning to get there FP.

Oh the humanity!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

...I'm certain that's just how Newman would see today's events!:rotfl:

gwynne said:
Maybe in this case. A power outage at a theme park isn't exactly life threatening. ;)

Might be if you had a fear of heights, fear of the dark, and you got stuck at the top of ToT...

Sent from my Desire HD using DISBoards

So those who are there now, what's it like? :scratchin Must be weird and maybe a little eery.

Without the background music, lights, sounds...

Dan

Oh the humanity!

Why? The other night, just as we were getting settled in to watch some recorded TV shows, our power went out. It was not raining, we didn't hear any loud bursts so we didn't know the reason for the blackout. Every inch of power was gone, including the streetlights. That was around 8:03 pm. Our electricity was completely off until almost midnight. Should our electric company be ashamed? Humanitized?

Bad stuff happens in everyone's lives. You only should be ashamed when something was 100% under your control and you did something stupid to cause it to fail. Don't see that reason being brought out here at all. Just grumblings by someone who wasn't even there.

Might be if you had a fear of heights, fear of the dark, and you got stuck at the top of ToT...

Sent from my Desire HD using DISBoards

OMG. That would be my biggest fear ever! (Not that you could ever get me to go on TOT.) Could that even happen? There has to be some sorta safety over ride to get people down in case of power outage or something, right?!?

Why? The other night, just as we were getting settled in to watch some recorded TV shows, our power went out. It was not raining, we didn't hear any loud bursts so we didn't know the reason for the blackout. Every inch of power was gone, including the streetlights. That was around 8:03 pm. Our electricity was completely off until almost midnight. Should our electric company be ashamed? Humanitized?

Bad stuff happens in everyone's lives. You only should be ashamed when something was 100% under your control and you did something stupid to cause it to fail. Don't see that reason being brought out here at all. Just grumblings by someone who wasn't even there.

Ummm.. I think they meant it as a joke...

So those who are there now, what's it like? :scratchin Must be weird and maybe a little eery.

Without the background music, lights, sounds...

Dan

No, the power came back on seconds after it happened. They just have to reset the systems but that could take a while.

OMG. That would be my biggest fear ever! (Not that you could ever get me to go on TOT.) Could that even happen? There has to be some sorta safety over ride to get people down in case of power outage or something, right?!?

Would you know the difference if it dropped anyway? :scared1:

It was sarcasm.

For those that are there how.....were you made aware when you entered the park today that it is closing at 6 for a "special party"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter