HS Marching band Parade Questions

IMG_1272.jpg

My daughter marched before the parade last week. I cried as much as I did when my older daughter marched four years ago!!!!

We found it best to split up. My Dh took a spot around the hub and my son and I were on the side of Main Street. After the band passed us my son and I darted past the Crystal palace and came out in Liberty Square and were able to get some more pictures as the band passed there.

We actually got better pictures with our point and shoot than our good cannon.

There were three bands marching that night. We were not given an idea of the order ahead of time. The march time we were given was 8:30 p.m. We were the first band to go and they started about 8:45 p.m.

It was an experience she will never forget. Hope you all enjoy your experience!!

That should be OK just make sure they match and look like they belong with the band. :thumbsup2

I would double check with the Disney contact person, and get it IN WRITING that these outfits are ok. Seriously, they are VERY strict about uniforms and such, and you'd hate to get down there with the girls and they not be allowed to march, and trust me, they'll do it. I've been down with my kids 4 times over the years, and twice kids were pulled because they forgot pieces of their uniforms. One of the girls pulled was missing ONE cord from her shoulder. If you have a color guard, perhaps the girls can wear those outfits? Better safe than sorry, and getting confirmation in writing from Disney that whatever you pick is OK will put your mind at ease.

KC:hippie:

These are a couple of photos of our band at Disney the week of Easter. They marched right before the 3 o'clock parade with one other band. As you can see they marched from the start of Main St. to the Castle hub then off to Frontierland. It was awesome but really hot that day for the kids. A related tip is to be sure the kids bring fresh clothes to put on after because they will be sweat soaked... I was glad our band director thought of that.

Some of us stood at the hub in the circle, a few stood off to the sides right near there. Between all of us parents we got great video and photos of each kids plus the Disney photopass people took a ton of shots too. In the hub circle you can watch them come up Main St., go by you then dash to the other side and catch them again. One energetic dad even dashed through Adventureland, cut through and caught them near the end.

After all our kids came out in the alley next to POtC so that was fun to cheer for them as them emerged after. It does take a couple of hours away from park time but our band kids loved the experience!!

DSC03085.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC03092.jpg
[/IMG]
My DS is the one with the sax :)

I would double check with the Disney contact person, and get it IN WRITING that these outfits are ok. Seriously, they are VERY strict about uniforms and such, and you'd hate to get down there with the girls and they not be allowed to march, and trust me, they'll do it. I've been down with my kids 4 times over the years, and twice kids were pulled because they forgot pieces of their uniforms. One of the girls pulled was missing ONE cord from her shoulder. If you have a color guard, perhaps the girls can wear those outfits? Better safe than sorry, and getting confirmation in writing from Disney that whatever you pick is OK will put your mind at ease.

KC:hippie:

Not that I think there will be a problem. I did have to send a photo of our band uniform, the uniform that the drill team/flags and Drum majors would be wearing to Disney with our application.

Like I posted above they let our two directors march in matching band t shirts and khakis.

Well we did it and boy was it awesome!!! No problems with the 2 girls wearing our band trip shirts. Wow do they walk by fast. We were the first of 3 bands that marched. Almost didn't happen as Friday night just as we staked our spot on Main St. about 6:30 the skies open up with a nice thunderstorm that seemed to last forever! We were not sure if the parade was going to happen until just after 8 when DH called to say that the "crew" was just let out at the gate they went into in Frontierland and they had to make their way to our spot. Of course by the time they had arrived the space we started out with was a quarter of the size and we had 4 adults to squeeze in. That really pushes my buttons how people just slip into your spot if you take a step to the left or to the right. Not our fault that mother nature made the storms last well past when our people should have been led out to join us for the parade, they were about an hour longer than they should have been. I can't believe how downright rude people are. I should have called a cast memeber over under the circumstances, they may have done something. After the band went by me and my husband left because it was to crowded to stay and not worth watching the parade that way.

But all 3 bands were amazing and it was the highlight of our trip for sure. Can't wait to be back in 4 years when it is younger DDs turn (officially) in the band.

Well we did it and boy was it awesome!!! No problems with the 2 girls wearing our band trip shirts. Wow do they walk by fast. We were the first of 3 bands that marched. Almost didn't happen as Friday night just as we staked our spot on Main St. about 6:30 the skies open up with a nice thunderstorm that seemed to last forever! We were not sure if the parade was going to happen until just after 8 when DH called to say that the "crew" was just let out at the gate they went into in Frontierland and they had to make their way to our spot. Of course by the time they had arrived the space we started out with was a quarter of the size and we had 4 adults to squeeze in. That really pushes my buttons how people just slip into your spot if you take a step to the left or to the right. Not our fault that mother nature made the storms last well past when our people should have been led out to join us for the parade, they were about an hour longer than they should have been. I can't believe how downright rude people are. I should have called a cast memeber over under the circumstances, they may have done something. After the band went by me and my husband left because it was to crowded to stay and not worth watching the parade that way.

But all 3 bands were amazing and it was the highlight of our trip for sure. Can't wait to be back in 4 years when it is younger DDs turn (officially) in the band.

So where are the pics? :mad: :goodvibes

I have to figure out how to do that! Project for the weekend. The spot we had was very dark but I will try to get something posted.
I think my DD bought just about everything they had for 2012 graduation merchandise.

BTW mydisneykids...love those colorguard uniforms!!!

My daughter plays trumpet and for a change was on our side walking by. But if you blinked you missed them, they go by so fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter