• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HS help please

Stacey012345

Mouseketeer
Is the Frozen sing-along FP necessary or helpful, or am I better off switching to Star Tours? I got one but a later show than I wanted. Is the new venue indoors? If I keep the time I got, I would be looking at the last Beauty and the Beast show for the day, also on our must-do and without FP. Does that ever cancel due to rain?

Saturday

EMH 8-9 plan to do TSMM, Star Tours (x2), ?
Animation academy
10:30 Frozen parade
11:30 Sci-Fi lunch
12:50-1:50 FP TSMM
2pm Indy Stunt Show
3:30 PM Frozen Sing Along (arrive 3:05-3:20)
4:30-5:30 TOT FP
5:30 Beauty and the Beast FP

Want to also make sure we do:
Honey I shrunk the kids movie set adventure (maybe after Indy and before Frozen? )
Muppets 3D
Character meets
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Fantasmic
Frozen Fireworks

I had planned to do 9:30am Frozen and exit right out at 10 there in time for parade but couldn't get FP. I thought that would take some pressure off the afternoon as it seems based on current times that the only morning Indy and B&tb shows start during our lunch ADR. Dinner will be QS when hungry and convenient.

Is this plan do-able? I am trying not to run from one end of park to another but show times make it so hard to plan.

New venue is indoors. We can usually work in multiple StarTours rides with out FP+, but depending on when you go, it could be helpful. We have not done Frozen without a FP+, just because the line is outdoors, and FP+ is seated first.

Anyone happen to have an answer about B&TB show and possible afternoon rain? Would it run anyway since it has a bit of cover? Planning for the last (5:30?) Beauty and the Beast show for the day, also on our must-do and without FP. Does that ever cancel due to rain?

I would absolutely switch your Frozen FP to Star Tours.

I love the Frozen singalong, but a FP will definitely not be needed once it moves to the huge Hyperion Theater (former home to AIE) this Wednesday.

Personally for me, if I plan right, I have ALWAYS gotten a show I wanted without an FP. Its extremely hard for me to burn an FP on a show, because getting there early is the one thing you can control (unlike ride wait times.) We even got great seats for Frank Oz yesterday because we planned it right and got there early (lined up at 3:45, I tried to get FP but they were out, but it was ok). If you arrive 30 min before Frozen, you shouldn't have a problem getting in, I shouldn't imagine.

I love the Frozen singalong, but a FP will definitely not be needed once it moves to the huge Hyperion Theater (former home to AIE) this Wednesday.
Interesting! I'll have to change up my planning, I'm used it to it back by the muppets. So what's going in the Frozen theater? It's been back there for a while.

So you think even if they keep taking FP+ guests for seating first, there will be enough for everyone waiting to get in without a FP? Is it that much larger a venue?

Interesting! I'll have to change up my planning, I'm used it to it back by the muppets. So what's going in the Frozen theater? It's been back there for a while.

Yes, it has held the Frozen singalong for a while, but before that it was used for different things, including a show during Star Wars weekends, and for events not open to the general public. I brought a band for Disney Honors one year, and they had a workshop session there for the groups. So they will probably just continue to use it for those types of events.

Anyone happen to have an answer about B&TB show and possible afternoon rain? Would it run anyway since it has a bit of cover? Planning for the last (5:30?) Beauty and the Beast show for the day, also on our must-do and without FP. Does that ever cancel due to rain?

There's only a few rows, I think, that are not covered, maybe part of the very back wheelchair seating too. I think it's a rain or shine show. In fact, rain might increase the people wanting to see it due to cover. That's speculation, not observation.

By far, 95%, even way way back of the bleachers is covered. They have done a great job. We packed the place out during SWWs. One time, I sat just on the very front row of the very back overflow bleachers and was blessed with the tiniest of mists, thank the heavens. (The show prior though, it poured like crazy, but I had gotten there early and got under the giant awning.) @Stacey012345

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter