HS Graduation gift idea?

I hate to say it but money is what they really want or gift cards. I would think if it was someone you are close to and could give something personal that would be nice too

I hate to say it but money is what they really want or gift cards. I would think if it was someone you are close to and could give something personal that would be nice too

Thats exactly what I am looking for....something personal :goodvibes

What about a Vera Bradley zip I'd case? I have a dd who is a freshman, and she loved that ( until VB introduced the smart phone wristlets). The smart phone wristlets would be a great idea too! (But they are around $50.

I'm probably a terrible person, lol, but when I was a teenager the gift I wanted most was cash. However, if someone was going to give me a "personal" gift, I would have wanted something like earrings, a charm bracelet/charms, or tickets to a concert/play/show that I was interested in seeing. :)

What is your gift budget? Also do you know if she is particularly into any hobbies, etc.?

I'd prefer to give her something to help her in her next stage of life. You said she isn't going to college? Or is she just not going out of town for college?

A piece of jewelry.

Jcemom, you aren't a terrible person, most graduating teens want cash because that is what they need.

My older son gave large stuffed pillows for them to bring to college. They were this really soft in fun colors. We bought them at TJ Maxx. When the store ran out of pillows, we found some small jewelry boxes, those too were a real hit. DS did not think the jewelry boxes would be a hit, but the girls all raved about them.

If you really don't want to give cash (which is really what all graduates want and need), I would do jewelry. Is this young woman a family member?

If they are moving out of the house, I like to give a laundry "kit" - a nice laundry basket/tub, laundry soap, laundry softner, and a couple rolls of quarters.:laundy:

If they are a close family member or friend then Things Remembered has some really great water globes. I got my cousin one, and she loved it. (Well at least she told me she did :rotfl:) I think a lot of times it depends on the graduate!

Jewerly was my first thought. Another is a nice Journal that they can record their memories and new experiences in.

Not sure of your budget, but I remember getting a luggage set, and it came in really useful.

Money is probably a graduate's favorite item to receive. It's a cliche gift but I think every single one of my cousins that have graduated over the past five years were disappointed with everything that wasn't cash or a gift card.

I graduated college last spring and got a lot of money, but also some jewelry and picture frames and some wacky graduate knick knacks. I hate to say that I used the money and 1 of the frames, but hardly wear the jewelry and put all of the little graduate knick knacks in storage.

Basicly ..... Money ..... Yep that's what they usually want and need. If
U ask most graduates would they rather have ..... Or $20 most will say $20

Just an example but the basic ideal...

Cash and gift cards are the way to go and then if you want to do something personal then I would do a piece of jewelry or a memory album or something like that.

One gift my daughter from my SIL got that was both personal and not personal was a bulletin board with the criss-cross ribbons

such as:
images

And then my SIL put scratch off lottery cards and gift cards for places that college kids would frequent such as Bed Bath and Beyond, Staples, Starbucks underneath the ribbons.

She could use the BB for her dorm room as well!

about a week ago I posted a question on the budget board asking for ideas for the graduation gifts we need this year.

I'm sorry I don't know how to post the link but just use the search this forum and use "grad" and it should come up.

People were very helpful with ideas. Hope this helps!.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter