Hs gmr???

dreajoyanne

Our Fairytale Beginning
I remember reading a while ago that if you talk to the CMs prior to boarding they will do the "Cowboy" Scene during the ride instead of the gangster scene?

Does anyone know if this is still true?

I remember reading a while ago that if you talk to the CMs prior to boarding they will do the "Cowboy" Scene during the ride instead of the gangster scene?

Yes if they have the cowboy scene is up and running that day they will let you wait for it. But it is not always running during slower times. If you have already rode w/ the alternate version I think its worth a few min wait to get the cowboy. I prefer that one.

we went 2 weeks ago and asked about the Cowboys scene. They asked us to wait 5 minutes and we got the front seats! :) We wondered how many got off the ride and said..wow I have never seen that before. :lmao:

I'm pretty sure if there are two cars loading at the same time, the front car does one and the back car does the other.

In fact, we have gotten the Cowboy more times than the Gangster.

there are always 2 cars (A car and B car) but they only use A car which is the bandit scene during busier times.

We have always had the gangster scene. I am going to ask about the cowboy scene after reading this, though. We'll be there on 11/29 :goodvibes

The best time of the day to see the Western show (if it's running) is about 9:30/10 am until about 3:30pm (times vary based on the park hours).

We have always had the gangster scene. I am going to ask about the cowboy scene after reading this, though. We'll be there on 11/29 :goodvibes

We are going to be there too the same day same park asking for the Cowboy theme too :thumbsup2 too funny :)

I hope they like wearing hats and boots because we will also be there November 29th and I always love a Marlboro Man...

I never knew about this until last week. We had ridden the GMR two years ago and had the gangster scene. Last week, we got on the ride, and I was wondering what was happening when we passed up the gangsters without there being a shoot-out! I thought we had been jyped until we got to the cowboys. :rotfl:

All of these make me so happy to know, haha. I was certain that there were two scenes, but most everyone I told was convinced I had just had a dream about them.

The gangter one is classic, but the cowboy one is really neat. :)

I've ridden the GMR many times, but I've never seen the cowboy scene... always the gangster one. I'll have to make sure I ask next time!

I do love the gangster scene though, "Give my regards to the warden, suckers!" :thumbsup2

I've been reading this thread and I think there may be a little confusion.

Just so everyone knows, they won't just do the Cowboy scene if you ask. If they are running the show, they will make sure that you get on the car that gets the Cowboy scene.

Also, some people have never seen the Cowboy scene because they only visit during the value season and since they only run the Gangster scene during that time thats the only show they ever see.

Others have reported that the Cowboy scene costs more to run due to the fire effects so if they are only going to run one show it will be the Gangster one.

Oh wow! That's so cool. I am going to see about that next week. Although I think I would miss the line.."Get a load of that chunk of ice" My kids about died when they heard that and they still say it to this day. But maybe the cowboy situation will have some other cheesy lines to quote!

They won't DO the cowboy scene for you... :)

But they will route you to the correct car, if both are planned.

As a previous poster said - the front car is the Cowboy scene, and the other car(s) are the gangster scene.

We've done both, and to be honest I much prefer the gangster scene.

I have gone in January and seen the Cowboy scene. Which I believe is considered value season so they actually sometimes run both scenes during that time.

I've been reading this thread and I think there may be a little confusion.

Just so everyone knows, they won't just do the Cowboy scene if you ask. If they are running the show, they will make sure that you get on the car that gets the Cowboy scene.

Also, some people have never seen the Cowboy scene because they only visit during the value season and since they only run the Gangster scene during that time thats the only show they ever see.

Others have reported that the Cowboy scene costs more to run due to the fire effects so if they are only going to run one show it will be the Gangster one.

The Western show is run during Value season...just not as often

Oh wow! That's so cool. I am going to see about that next week. Although I think I would miss the line.."Get a load of that chunk of ice" My kids about died when they heard that and they still say it to this day. But maybe the cowboy situation will have some other cheesy lines to quote!

The bandit says "looks like we've hit the motherlode (or is it motherload? I'm never sure)".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter