HS counter service ?

I remain fascinated how thread after thread, people are so quick to recommend Flame Tree BBQ as the “go to” option for QS food at AK, yet these same folks can’t find a thing to eat at DHS. The chicken and ribs at Fairfax Fare are far more similar in quality, preparation and taste to FT than they are different. It’s not like one set of ribs is an “A” and other a “D”. More like, one is a “C+” and the other is a “C”, relatively speaking. Hard to imagine why there is such love for one, and disdain for the other.

.. I don't know how we ended up at AK discussing ribs & the Flame Tree restaurant? Compared to Epcot & Magic Kingdom where QS options are available in & around & before & after each and every ride/attraction, DHS has little to offer IMO, especially later in the day!

and I seldom eat QS at AK either, I find AK & DHS to be 1/2 day parks!

BEASLYBOO said:
Elsewhere!

Disney needs to work on this park, it needs not only more rides but more/ better QS options!

These places close early and God forbid you get to the park late, and the only QS open is ABC Commissary. Don't do it, how this place remains open year after year, is beyond me. :crazy2: :scared1: :eek: :sick: :sad2:

Pizza Planet, well picture boboli crust with thick Ragu sauce, topped with cheap cheese! The success here is that you actually feel like you're in the movie. It's a cool looking place but my kids are at the age where the food quality/menu actually supercedes the venue!
I totally agree! HS has awful QS options. starring rolls cupcakes are a bit overrated IMO. haven't tried their sandwiches thou. pizza planet is gross. cheap cheese and gross pizza sauce. none for me thanks! id go somewhere else.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

Hollywood Studios has awful counter service restaurants however we enjoy eating at Starring Rolls. They serve really nice sandwiches, cakes and the all important latte. :goodvibes it has a nice eating area as off the busier areas and has nice outside area.

My daughter insists on the Backlot Express so that is usually where we go. They have good chicken tenders there. If I can talk her into it, we occassionally go to Pizza Planet. They are really good too! Enjoy! :beach:

I think the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror transported you to another time in another dimension, because somehow you ended up in Animal Kingdom!pixiedust:

LMFAO you are sure right! Scary thing is, I live here and we are at the parks weekly. I even compared it to Starring Rolls. I swear I am losing my marbles! :scared:

.. I don't know how we ended up at AK discussing ribs & the Flame Tree restaurant?

Easy. People seem to love Flame Tree. Many of these same people say that there is no good food in DHS. It doesn't really add up, since the food at Fairfax Fare is really very similar to the food at Flame Tree. Not really a wide leap when you think of it.

Flame Tree Favorites

1/2 Slab of St. Louis Ribs - served with baked beans and coleslaw $10.69

1/2 Chicken - served with baked beans and coleslaw $9.69

Pork Sandwich - served with coleslaw $8.99

Ribs and Chicken Combo served with baked beans and coleslaw $11.99

Chicken and Spareribs - served with baked beans and coleslaw $15.19

1/2 Slab of Spareribs - served with baked beans and coleslaw $11.69

1/2 Chicken - served with baked beans and coleslaw $9.99

Barbecued Pork Sandwich - with baked beans and coleslaw $8.99

No one has mentioned the Studio Catering Company but I love their Pressed Tuscan Deli sandwich and my husband was quite pleased with his Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. Seating is very plentiful. There's also a chicken Caesar wrap, a turkey sandwich and a veggie sandwich.

We used the have the same opinion of the Studios counter service meals but I think it's on the way up. We haven't tried Fairfax Faire for food yet because those Cast Members seem to have weights on their feet as they move so slowly. And that area is very congested with Twilight Zone and Rock N Roller Coaster so close.

We are not fans of CS at DS, so usually leave the park at lunchtime to grab something elsewhere. We usually make a run over to CSR and eat at the Pepper Market on our DS days. Lunch over there is a CS buffet (only one on property)--great deal if you are on the DDP and not bad OOP if you have big eaters. However, we do like the cupcakes at Starring Rolls, (not a fan of their sandwiches though).

We discovered Backlot Express December 2011 and enjoyed it. It is your average counter service. We like the refill station here.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter