HRRR badly broken?

It is POSSIBLE HRRR may be down for a long time. I certainly hope it isnt......but go to screamscape.com and check out their latest update on the ride. They MAY need 2-3 months to get a fix for "stress" on the ride.
At this point its just a rumor, I hope its just gremlins!!!

:scared1::scared1:

I've never been on HRRR but any service memo for a rollercoaster that has the wording "...could lead to possible failure" makes me do what this blue guy is doing....:scared1:

This coaster is the biggest joke in Orlando. It's a horrible ride even when it's operational.

How are the prices of scrap metal these days?

Glad they caught this now, but very sad we'll miss it - we'll be there in just about 2 weeks, and I was looking forward to this ride as much as Spiderman (though FJ is def top of my list). Oh well, I hope it doesn't affect lines elsewhere in the park.

Even though the reviews haven't been the greatest for this ride, I still wanted to try it out when we head there next month. Oh well... At least we ordered the AP and hopefully we'll be able to ride it later on..

Yeah, this ride is the biggest joke in Florida. I know last year they couldn't run it during Halloween Horror Nights because they wanted to cycle more trains to get them able to operate with more trains. Now this year, they have the trains, but they've all cracked.

So, looks like no Rockit for HHN again. What bad timing!

Gee... I'd decided long ago that I'd never ride this one because I don't like "extreme" coasters. Then a couple days ago I read that it doesn't do any inversions, and I thought, "Hey, maybe I can ride it then!" Because really, I can handle anything except going upside down.

So I thought I *would* ride it after all. Oh well... :laughing:

For folks who say it's not a good coaster, or a "joke" - what exactly is wrong with it? How is it not good? What Disney coasters does it compare to? Is it too tame, or does it shake too much? (I bet it can't possibly shake as much as the wooden Excalibur at Funtown in Maine - that one nearly separated my head from my spine!)

Gee... I'd decided long ago that I'd never ride this one because I don't like "extreme" coasters. Then a couple days ago I read that it doesn't do any inversions, and I thought, "Hey, maybe I can ride it then!" Because really, I can handle anything except going upside down.

For folks who say it's not a good coaster, or a "joke" - what exactly is wrong with it? How is it not good? What Disney coasters does it compare to? Is it too tame, or does it shake too much? (I bet it can't possibly shake as much as the wooden Excalibur at Funtown in Maine - that one nearly separated my head from my spine!)

its a joke because its been plagued with problems.

I dont think they've ever got up to the capacity it was supposed to be capable of. for months the moving loading floor didnt work - which slowed loading down even more. its rarely open for the full day. its got a strange fault where some of the trains are really rough to ride but others are as smooth as a new steal coaster should be (worrying!). plus they promoted it as an extreme coaster when it really isnt. unless you're on one of those rough cars that is lol.

Other than the main lift and drop, its really no more extreme than big thunder mountain.

BUT, for me at least, the choice of sound tracks is very cool!

"unrelated maintenance"?

note they dont say its scheduled maintenance. so its got some other fault thats caused it to be closed for days now with no planned reopening date?!

can it get any worse!?

We got to ride in February and glad we did (have to do everything at least once), especially if it's not going to be oporational next month, but honestly...I thought it was just OK. I had way more fun watching the videos of our ride afterwards. HILLARIOUS!

There are some cars that will give you a nice smooth ride and then the coaster is actually fun. However, there are some really bad cars that will shake so much you end up with a massive headache. You can actually see the severe shaking when you watch the video at the end of your ride. I'm not in the least bit surprised that there are car issues. Hopefully when the cars are all fixed, they will all be smooth.

I agree , the cars on this ride are very rough . How can you possibly conentrate on your choice of moice if your focusing on trying to keep your head on :rotfl:

So basically, Screamscape read about the 2-3 months it takes to make new parts and assumed this is what the problem was. Universal says that has been taken care of, so the report of the ride being down for months seems incorrect. From what Universal is saying, it could open back up any day.

What I fail to see is, the manufacture says it will take 2-3 months to test and get new parts installed,yet the guy at uni is stating those issues have been more or less corrected. How can this be? The bulletin is dated Sept. 2nd. This is only the 17th. How can the cars be OK? Don't know if there is something up or not. I just know my 11 year-old will not be riding this any time soon. Maybe after all is 100 percent, but not right now.

So basically, Screamscape read about the 2-3 months it takes to make new parts and assumed this is what the problem was. Universal says that has been taken care of, so the report of the ride being down for months seems incorrect. From what Universal is saying, it could open back up any day.

Still not up as of today. Maybe I will get lucky and it will be open tomorrow.

It seems like I will never be able to ride this darn thing--the last 2x I went it was closed while we were there (only for a few hours but we still weren't able to make it on) I just hope it with be open by the end of the month when I go for HHN:scared1:

I think even if the ride is open the next couple of days I think I'll pass on riding it until whatever the issue is has been figured out and corrected.

P.S. Universal should have gone with B&M or even Intamin

We, OK OK I use the term loosely since I did not ride, rode in December. I havent broken it to the crowd yet cause ya never know, but, we'll be there in October. Guess we'll see what happenss but not so sure anyone will be heartbroken.

Curious that Universal says the "unscheduled maintanence" has nothing to do with the manufactuers report, but the ride has been down for 3 or so days now, with no report of when it will be up. Must be rough to be PR for Universal ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter