HRH - Thanksgiving 2006 ???

JohnNJ

Mouseketeer
We're planning a multi-family trip to Universal/IOA on Thanksgiving 2006 for three nights. I think we would need deluxe rooms because there's five in each family. We've never been to Universal and have never booked a room at any of the Universal resorts so we're looking for some help with room and park pass discounts.

Will there be any discounts for Thanksgiving weekend? How far in advance do we book? What types of tickets are available at a discount? Should we use a travel agent to get the best rate? Are packages cheaper?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, John-NJ

T-day has been very hit or miss in past years. We went 2 years ago and were able to get a Annual Pass holder discount during the busy days, but those seem to be less and less right now. The AAA rates is actually cheaper than than the Annual Pass now.

Are you looking for Thursday to Sunday of Tday week? Those obviously are the busiest. We are staying this Tday for only 1 night Sunday night to Monday for the cheapest rate with AAA at Royal Pacific. There hae not been any great discounts this year I've seen for Thursday to Sunday so not sure about next year.

You can book at with Loews hotels website and put in AAA if you have it and see if it offers it. It think it is too early, but a little less than a year ahead should work for you. It is refundable and changable so that way you can compare.

I personally have not seen working with a travel agent to be cheapest for just a room and ticket discount, can't say if you need air, car, etc.

How many days do you want at the park and hotel? The price of going 2 days is almost the same as 7 at Universal, it just depends on the discounts at the time. I would look for the post of discount tickets before you go to see what is around then.

I've enjoyed going around Tday, it's fun with Grinchmas : ) Happy planning!

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter