HRH: self-park vs valet

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by bumbershoot, Feb 1, 2013.

1. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

As our trip rapidly approaches, I am remembering discussions about Valet parking at the onsite resorts, but I haven't been able to find the threads I thought I read.

I would have sworn that one thread said you can text Valet and they'll bring the car around? Did I make that up? If it's true, is that at HRH?

Basically...someone sell me on Valet at HRH. :) Or tell me it's ridiculous to even think about. Either one. :)

LOL...I got the "your trip is approaching" email from them, and it started with "DUDE" and told me how I'd get to stay like a rock star...obviously that's going to my head if I am thinking of using Valet!:rotfl:

2. stormer

stormer DIS Veteran

Yes, you can text the valet at HRH. We did it this past August.

3. francie57

francie57 DIS Veteran

For us its valet parking at HRH and Disney. My theory is I'm on vacation and I don't want to have to find a parking space and walk up to the resort. I want the car unloaded, parked and then brought back when I need and have it either be nice and cool or warm depending on the time of year. I just figure the fees/tips into the budget and then don't give it another thought. Just a nice perk of being on vacation.

4. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Oooooh.

:goodvibes We've resisted the siren call of valet at Disney, not sure why. I think it's because it's such a distance between the cost of it and *zero*, know what I mean? But with Universal the difference is a lot less.

I've been tossing more and more into our budgets for tips and parking fees (at Universal at least), which makes the whole thing much less painful, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to do it with WDW yet! :3dglasses