HRH questions from a newbie

brad54

Earning My Ears
:earsboy: Hi guys I've been lurking for quite awhile on these boards and I think you guys are great!! We are a family of 5 from PA who haven't been to Disney since 1999.

I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Is $183 a night with AAA at HRH a good rate (I don't currently have AAA but would get it if I'd save some $$)

2. Our flight is scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 10:00 PM on a Friday night. We planned to go to both Universal parks on Saturday and Sunday. Then we were going to go to Pop Century (2 rooms) to check in late Sunday night, to stay until the following Sunday morning. My question is would we have FOTL access for Saturday and Sunday if we stayed at the HRH Friday and Saturday night. Or would we be better served to rent a cheap room Friday night then check into HRH early Saturday morning for a Saturday and Sunday night stay. Then check into Pop early Monday morning?

3. I know this is off topic, but does anyone know if these guys and this offer is legit
discountthemeparkvacationscom (sorry I was allowed to post this as a URL)
TWO 1-Day Tickets to Universal Studios® or Universal's Islands of Adventure®
Get TWO one-day, adult admissions to Universal Studios® or Islands of Adventure® for ONLY $25.00! This is a LIMITED-TIME offer, so call now to save big!
Call Now to Purchase (877) 587-0013

Thanks for all your help!!!

Welcome to the Dis!

1. $183 doesn't sound too bad. Check APH on the Loew's website code and see if its worthwhile to buy an annual pass.
2. Stay at a cheap one Friday night. Go to HRH early and get your "magic" keys which allow the FOTL priviledges and they will be good all day Sat. and all day Sun.
3. Sounds like a timeshare presentation.

Thanks for they quick reply Motherfletcher

1. I will check out the prices on the annual passes with Loews.

2. I was leaning in the direction you suggested. This will also knock 1 night off of 2 rooms at Disney. (I need all the spare change I can get!)

3. I thought it sounded to good to be true. lol

Thanks again for your time and effort :sunny:

I definitely agree with the cheap hotel for Friday. We did that last year. We stayed at the Wyndam on I-drive for $32(priceline) and then checked into the Portofino the next morning.

We did an inexpensive hotel when we had a late arrival as well. We stayed at Comfort Inn on Major Blvd. We were there in time to check out the Macy's parade at US and have dinner at City Walk. I checked us into HRH at 7:30 the next morning. The room was not ready yet, but we were able to get keys for park opening.

You would be best to stay at a cheap hotel Friday night and only stay at Universal for Sat night.. that would give you FOTL privileges for ALL day Sat and Sunday... then go check into Disney on Sunday Night... the Value resorts are MUCH cheaper per night than Universal hotels... you can save big bucks that way.... Just thought I would point that out to you.. you don't need to stay at the Universal hotel on Sunday night to have the privilges on SUnday... if you DO stay on Sunday night then your privilges extend all through Monday night....

Kathy :banana:

Valentine,

I thought you had to stay 1 night for each day of fotl access. Well this changes everything (in a good kinda way). I think I'll do exactly what you suggested and just stay saturday night at HRH. Plus this will give us 1 more night at disney, which gives us 1 more day of the free dining plan.

You guys are awesome

Wow.. a win-win situation!! LOL!! Free dining is ALWAYS a good thing!! LOL!!

Have a great time!

Kathy :banana:

Brad,
I have rented a cheap week ($100) at a timeshare rental and stayed at RPR every other night for 2 stays to get 4 straight days of FOTL.

Hi--

a different POV from a family of 4 from Pa--

the problem with the cheap room, then the HRH then on to disney, is that's an extra room to schlep all your stuff in and out of. We arrived at the HRH yesterday, and rooms still were not ready at the posted 4 pm mark. For us it might be well worth it to do the late check in at HRH, then be 2 nights in one place and have a room to go back to in the early afternoon. But we have a LOT of stuff to schlep. "Light traveling" still fills the back ofthe van

The plan above will work to save the most money, even if it means 3 hotels, but I'll give another viewpoint. I'd flip everything around, do Disney first, then IOS/USF.

Many first timers to IOA/USF don't want to give up any Disney days, like it's a crime or something. Only staying one night at the HRH can save you money, but you won't "feel" like you stayed at the hotel, and $183 is a great rate.

Friday (Fly in, stay at cheap hotel if you want to save $50).
Otherwise, check into Pop Century that night.
Saturday thru Thursday visit Disney
Friday morning, check into HRH, get magic keys, visit parks.
Saturday Visit parks
Sunday - Visit parks in the morning, check out, fly home that afternoon.

You'll be saving the best for last. I know you don't believe this right now, but when you visit, you'll agree.

:earsboy: Thanks for all the great ideas guys.

Erinch. I see you’re from Punxy, we’re from Warren Pa, not to far away!
While I agree it would be easier to just check into HRH Friday night, money really is an issue with us. So when it comes to saving quite a bit of cash with only a minor inconvenience (I think it would be more like $140), we tend to lean to the saving money side. Plus we can pack bags specifically for day 1 and day 2. We will also be flying down, so we won’t have as much stuff to drag around as we would if we drove.

Robvia : The reason we decided to go to Universal first was we’re going to get the passes that you buy 2 days and get 3 days free. That way if fall in love with Universal we’ll still have 3 days that we could visit if we want to. Though we wouldn’t be able to use FOTL for the last 3 days. I’m wondering though if we would really need it anyways since those 3 days fall during the work week and school will be in.

One thing though, you’re making me consider getting HRH for Saturday and Sunday night and dropping a day off from Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter