HRH or RPR

csmommy

DIS Veteran
If you were given a free 1 night stay in a standard room at either Hard Rock Hotel or Royal Pacific Resort which would you choose & why? The people going are 2 adults, 2 kids ages 15 & 11. Pool is important. I can't choose!!!:lmao:

Both are gorgeous resorts but totally different vibe! RPR is very beautiful with the laid back tropical South Pacific feel and the HRH feels more full of energy. The HRH rooms are also slightly larger than RPR. While they both have amazing pools, the HRH is the BIG hit with our boys ages 11 & 13. That is basically the deciding factor in choosing where to stay...Huge pool and great 260 ft. open waterslide, underwater music and lots of cool rock-n-roll memorabilia scattered thruout the hotel.

If you were given a free 1 night stay in a standard room at either Hard Rock Hotel or Royal Pacific Resort which would you choose & why? The people going are 2 adults, 2 kids ages 15 & 11. Pool is important. I can't choose!!!:lmao:

Well, I prefer the RPR. My boys prefer HRH for the theming. The pool at RPR is bigger and deeper in areas with a "water blast" area. The pool at HRH has a water slide and sometimes guitar hero outside....I'm guessing with your group....HRH. RPR is cheaper and you can always pool hop. Here's a link to some good pics of both!
HRH

RPR

Thank you both for such quick answers!

Two questions:

1. Is the music relentlass at HRH?

2. Is either one eaiser to get to the parks & City Walk?

:surfweb:

HRH is closer to Studios. RPR is closer to Islands. We pool hopped to HRH and I think music was nonstop but can't be certain. I remember when they came out to start the pool games they said ''If you're here to relax the Portofino is that way and the Royal Pacific is the other." LOL'

We love the HRH. The music at the pool is really not bad. We love to relax at the pool in the afternoon and its usually not really even noticeable to us. The pool does have an underwater sound system that is really nice. HRH is definitely closest to Universal and from there its less than 5 min. to IOA. The rooms are really good size. We have been staying there for years now and we are heading back in Aug.

We were also hesitant on HRH as we wanted to relax by the pool and all I kept hearing about was music, music, music. Don't worry, the volume was perfect, really just background music. Not too loud at all.

We really enjoyed our stay, can't wait to return.

We always stay at RPR for a relaxing time, but enjoy the pool hopping over to HRH all the time.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter