HRH Club room worth it for 1 night?

SimonG

Mouseketeer
Hi,

God I have had trouble posting this thread, well here goes third time lucky!!

My DW, me and 10 year old daughter are stopping at POFQ for 2 weeks in December. I am not driving this time and have hired a town car for the two days we are going to universal. Then I thought how great it would be to stop at HRH, club room, for one night. I have been told that even though I can't check in until the aftrenoon I can get room cards to use the express pass after 9am and they will last until the end of check out day.
As December is a quieter month, is it worth doing this, what about the club room, is it worth this also? How goos is this hotel? Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

First, the hotel is terrific. Despite what you might expect it is very elegant and well-appointed.

Second, I'm not sure I'd recommend the extra expense of Club level for a single night, on the assumption that you'll be wanting to spend most of your time in the park.

The Club room is nice and the staff extremely helpful, but it can get crowded when times are busy. Last time I was there, it seemed like everyone on the floor was determined to "get their money's worth" and so the Club room was mobbed all day long.

I have never stayed club and have never felt it would be worth it for our family. I know I would get value from the morning offerings, but would hate to think about planning my day around the evening goodies. I know if we were paying an extra $80 a night, DH would want to make sure we got back for our beer and cocktail weenies.

BTW--you can check in earlier than 9AM if you need to. We checked in at 7:30AM on one trip.

I decided to switch from a king suite upgrade to a club 2 queen deluxe upgrade for this Friday night. For me its definitely worth it because I am paying an FLO rate and me and my two buddies can eat and drink with the best of them.

RyGuy said:
...and me and my two buddies can eat and drink with the best of them.

I wish I'd of had your wherewithall when I was in college. :teacher: Have fun!:drinking1

Also agree that club is not needed.
Staying at the HRH for one night will work if you arrive early, get your magic keys, and then visit the parks. That will make it seem like you "stayed" in the hotel.
Take the limo ride at 07:30am, arrive HRH, pre-checkin, get magic keys, store luggage, head to parks. Heck, your room may be ready depending on when you go in December. If that's the case, then you can come back in the afternoon for a rest.
The parks do not stay open late, so you'll have time at night to go swimming if it's not cold outside, as the pools are heated.
The next morning, ask for an extended checkout, go to the parks for 3 hours, check out, and fly home.

since i absolutely adore this hotel, of course i am going to say........
yes, stay there even if only for one night.

i have done club twice and we really enjoyed it.
it is difficult going back to the rooms when the elevator doesn't go to floor 7

i paid for it once, second time it was an upgrade.

and, your fotl card will let you use it the the entire day you check out!
you can't get that at disney.

just think, you could start the parks at 8:30 in the morning , spend the night, and next day check out and still enjoy fotl all that day too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter