• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HRH cancelled our reservation?

*MomTo2Princesses*

Mouseketeer
We are trying to figure out what’s going on. We had a reservation for HRH for July 2-5. We were debating cancelling because of Covid anyways, but I received an email this afternoon confirming my cancellation. We called to see what was going on, and we were told we didn’t have a deposit and the reservation was cancelled. She said there was never a deposit taken. We are AP holders and have booked and stayed more times than we can count the past 3 years. We know how to book a room and that a credit card number is required to book. I also explained that the cancellation had deposit: $364.50 on it. We got nothing other than “the room is still available if you want to rebook.” I guess there was some sort of system error or something.
Has anyone ever had anything like this happen
before?

Never had that happen in all the years I have gone and stayed onsite

Now I will be looking for emails.........

I always use my cc for the room deposit when I book and check that it went through.

That was an awful glitch you went thru!
Could be a computer glitch?

Call the booking site and talk with a supervisor
Have your confirmation number to give them.

The problem can be fixed!

It for sure was some sort of glitch. The website kept going from no availability to availability for the dates and seemed wonky that morning, but we got our normal reservation confirmation after it went through and we had no idea the possibility of a cancellation was even on the table. We booked a month ago and we just got the cancellation today. The cancellation showed our deposit amount, but the account isn’t showing it was taken out. We did speak to a supervisor and all she would say is that there wasn’t a deposit on the room so it was released. I just feel a little frustrated with it because we had no communication prior to the cancellation. And we for sure entered a card to secure the room because you have to?

Did the charge clear on your cc ?

If it did not, had to be a computer glitch on the UO booking site and the reservation did not go thru.

Maybe call and book the room instead of booking online.

I received an email today stating that our deposit wasn’t taken out and if they didn’t hear back, the room would be cancelled. I was surprised since I had “paid” a deposit when I booked it but I quickly checked my CC and saw that no charge was ever pushed through. Thankfully a quick phone call was all it took to clear it up.

Thank goodness since we leave in a week.

yikes...we have a room only reservation in the fall. I put down a deposit via cc- I'm going to have to double check!

Many thanks to momtotwoprincesses for her post!
:thanks:

You saved a lot of grief for other posters with your heads up post.

I hope you can redo your reservation and have a marvelous trip.

Yes, thanks!

I've checked, I've still got a official reservation according to the website and with a customer service gal.
Something odd (to me, for what it is worth) in my opinion....beyond making the initial deposit online there appears to be no way to make an additional payment online. So when I called I asked about that, and was told that the only way was to either pay the balance (room only reservation) when I check in OR that they would have to send me a credit card authorization form via email, which will arrive in 24-48 hours, to fill out and send back.
Seems rather clunky and backwards in this day and age. Oh well - had them send me the credit card authorization form.
Wouldn't even take a payment over the phone....

Something odd (to me, for what it is worth) in my opinion....beyond making the initial deposit online there appears to be no way to make an additional payment online. So when I called I asked about that, and was told that the only way was to either pay the balance (room only reservation) when I check in OR that they would have to send me a credit card authorization form via email, which will arrive in 24-48 hours, to fill out and send back.
Seems rather clunky and backwards in this day and age. Oh well - had them send me the credit card authorization form.
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can make payments via phone if you have a package booked. Its relatively common for hotel chains like Loews to not collect payment until check-in on room only reservations.

Its relatively common for hotel chains like Loews to not collect payment until check-in on room only reservations.
Ohh - they wanted to collect a additional payment if I wanted to make it - I just found the process to go about doing it overly cumbersome is all.
But yes, I understand that they usually collect room-only at check in.

It has always been that way since they opened

one night deposit taken
Remainder paid at check in time

but can pay entire hotel charge in advance which I have not done

Thanks for posting this. I made a separate room and ticket purchase 2 days ago. We purchased promotional florida res tickets that had to be purchased by today. Received email confirmation for the tickets but no email on the room only reservation. The deposit for the room has not hit my bank yet either. I will call today. Thank you!

I’m so glad this was helpful! :goodvibes

I was more frustrated with not receiving any communication prior to the cancellation than the actual cancellation since that thankfully could’ve been fixed, but it seems like other folks like Elle:) have gotten an email prior so maybe they’ve figured it out. Hopefully the kinks are being worked out!

@*MomTo2Princesses* Thank you so much for posting!! I have a reservation at HRH for September and after reading your post I went back and checked my credit card statement from when I booked it at the end of May and I don't see a charge for the deposit!

I looked online thinking I'd just rebook but the annual passholder rates for my dates are all gone and the price has jumped up by 100 bucks a night. Fortunately they hadn't actually cancelled my reservation yet so I'm on the phone with reservations now getting that deposit paid.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! So glad I saw this post, you saved my sister and I a huge disappointment cause we really wanted Hard Rock for this girls weekend!

Could be glitches with reservationists possibly working from home.

What’s it was my understanding if CC pmt doesn’t process, room in cancelled and You’d think corresponding email should be sent

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter