• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How's Your Will Power?

madcam

Mouseketeer
Surely, someone else does this too:

I cannot buy certain foods to keep in my home. Not even every once in awhile. No matter how much my kids love these foods, we cannot keep them here or else I WILL EAT THEM ALL!!!!!:scared1:

I do not eat alot. My family eats fairly healthy.....my kids love fruits and veggies and we eat balanced meals most nights. We try not to eat alot of fast food but sometimes schedules put us in the drive through lines. I usually get the lightest healthiest item on the menu because of personal choice, not due to dieting. I think I have great will power until these specific items end up in my grocery cart and then consequently in my pantry/fridge. So I just do not buy them anymore. We don't buy alot of junk food to keep at home but I will get a couple of "treats" for the kids. For the most part, I don't eat any of it and it lasts along time around here. But there are a couple of things that I have no power over myself when I come across them. Unless my intention is to go home and actually consume the entire bag, they just cannot exist under my roof. In fact, it is better if I avoid them in the store at all costs!!

Here are my biggest weeknesses:

Hostess Powdered Sugar Mini Donuts
French Onion Dip & Ruffles Potato Chips
Fig Newtons (Not me....DH will eat both sleeves within hours of finding them)
ANY Reece's Peanutbutter Cup (regular, big cup, minis)

So what about yall? What do you avoid having in your cupboards?

Ice cream is my big problem. If it's in the house, I cannot ignore it.

Mint Milanos
Ruffles Chips and Helluva Good French Onion Dip (it CANNOT come in the house)
Ghiradelli brownies

Will power? Whats that? I'm pretty sure its a myth! :lmao:

This is why the only time I bake cookies is when I can send most of them to work with DH, and only keep a couple for myself.

Sorry, no will power here. Used it all up when I quit smoking 17 years ago.

Surely, someone else does this too:

I cannot buy certain foods to keep in my home. Not even every once in awhile. No matter how much my kids love these foods, we cannot keep them here or else I WILL EAT THEM ALL!!!!!:scared1:

I do not eat alot. My family eats fairly healthy.....my kids love fruits and veggies and we eat balanced meals most nights. We try not to eat alot of fast food but sometimes schedules put us in the drive through lines. I usually get the lightest healthiest item on the menu because of personal choice, not due to dieting. I think I have great will power until these specific items end up in my grocery cart and then consequently in my pantry/fridge. So I just do not buy them anymore. We don't buy alot of junk food to keep at home but I will get a couple of "treats" for the kids. For the most part, I don't eat any of it and it lasts along time around here. But there are a couple of things that I have no power over myself when I come across them. Unless my intention is to go home and actually consume the entire bag, they just cannot exist under my roof. In fact, it is better if I avoid them in the store at all costs!!

Here are my biggest weeknesses:

Hostess Powdered Sugar Mini Donuts
Fig Newtons (Not me....DH will eat both sleeves within hours of finding them)

I think they put crack in the Snyders Honey Mustard and Onion pretzel pieces because once I start eating them, I can. not. stop. Ditto for salt & vinegar potato chips.

I avoid Target like the plague because they sell the Jelly Belly's in rasberry and blackberry:

jelly_belly_raspberry_and_blackberries_pieces.jpg

Yes I know I can buy them in the stores, prepackaged. I can't bring myself to buy them that way. I just can't walk by them at Target or not get them if we go there.

Ice Cream sandwiches. Whenever they're in the house, I swear, I can hear them calling my name. It's better just not to buy them at all.

OMG now I want some!!!! MMMMM wish I had some extra sour cream cause I have the French Onion Soup Mix in the pantry.

I have some DO NOT BUY foods too --- sour cream and onion Pringles, Cheetos, and any ice cream other than mint chocolate chip.

Of course I have no will power. Why do you think my "free" sample of sensa came today. :lmao:

The one thing someone hasn't mentioned yet is cherry pop-tarts. Don't ask why but I could eat the whole box before the kids even get home.

I cannot buy certain foods to keep in my home.

I can NOT buy Reeses Peanut Butter Cups without eating them all. I was really weak around Easter and bought a lot of Reester Bunnies.....I couldn't help it, they were calling MY name. :confused3

Potato chips are my nemesis. They can't come in the house.

DH and I don't really eat much junk food. When dd comes home from college, she'll look in the cabinet and exclaim in disgust, "Ugh, I forgot that you don't buy anything GOOD, Mom! I'll bet you're going to tell me that I can have baby carrots and hummus as a snack, aren't you?" :lmao:

Soda. Definitely my biggest problem item. I can have almost anything else in the house and control myself, but everytime a pack of soda comes i nthe door, forget it. i try so hard to limit myself to 1 or less a day, but I always end up having 2 at a time.

I hate it!

Cheez-its & Doritos.

2 things my local Publix has buy one get one at least once a month. I can't even go to the store when they are on special or they jump in the cart.

Girl Scout cookies, specifically Thin Mints and Samoas. Those are my faves. I haven't bought GS cookies in years...........

Ice Cream sandwiches. Whenever they're in the house, I swear, I can hear them calling my name. It's better just not to buy them at all.

Me too!! There are certain ice creams I feel that way about too- Turkey Hill Farm Choc peanut butter for instance........:worship:

Jax. They are my favorite "cheesy poof" a bag of those doesn't last an afternoon in my presence....:rolleyes1

My DH can't have the small chocolate covered donuts in the house. My "fix" is the bold flavored Chex Mix. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter