Hows the weather right now??

eventsdj

Mouseketeer
Next July/ August may be the next time we are available to go.. and after everything I've read, its miserable.
Hows everyone handling it?
Weve gone in February, and it was wonderful, but that may not be possible in 2010.
SO, whats it like right now??
THanks!

We just got back yesterday and it was very hot and humid. Everyday we took a break around 1-2 and we drank tons of water. We are from an area that's hot and dry vs humid so that may have been a big difference in our perception since we are not used to being all sticky and sweaty at 6:30am.

Temps were in the low to mid 90's, not sure what the humidity. Rained a few times for less then an hour in the afternoon.

The weather was miserable -- we're from Maine and although used to humidity we have been in a cool weather pattern this summer and were not ready for the heat - literally knocked us down. Would never consider an August trip again -- high 90's everyday - thunderstorms in the afternoons - but the big problem for us was the air-conditioning - in and out - in and out - I think that is harder to adjust to. Came home and was sick in bed for three days - don't know if I had a touch flu, food problems (last meal was meatloaf at Prime Time 50's) or if it was just the weather taking its toll. Thank goodness I didn't get ill until we arrived home - we loved Disney but will NEVER go again in the summer.

We just returned yesterday from a 10 day trip and didn't think the weather was too bad. We come from the plains of Colorado where the nights cool down. days can get to 100 (but usually mid to high 90's) and the humidity is usually pretty low. Our children play a lot of softball and baseball, so we are outside a ton for games and tournaments so I think that helped prepare us. It was our first visit and we were prepared for the worst and it was better than we had anticipated. We got to the parks at rope drop, drank a ton of water, when it got too hot we would go into some shops or on a ride to cool off. I can honestly say that only about 2 or 3 times during the entire trip did I feel actually miserable. My youngest complained a few times DD7. We did not take the afternoon breaks, but would leave each park by 5 or 6 each day.

SO, whats it like right now??

I suppose it depends on your definition of miserable.

Personally, I find cold WDW far more miserable than summer WDW. We just had our first summer trip after two years of September trips. The highs seem to be around the low/mid 90's most days. When it reaches the peak temp for the day, boom, an hour later you get the thunderstorm.

Coming from Wisconsin, you may not be acclimated to that kind of temps. If you find 90's at home miserable, then WDW in the summer is not for you.

If you are able to acclimate yourself to the heat before you go, then it's not so bad.

There's also strategy at WDW. If it's 70 , then walking from place to place is easy and enjoyable. When it's 90, it is helpful to wait for the bus/boat/monorail. So I think your enjoyment will depends slightly on how well you strategize on conserving your energy and drinking plenty of water.

One last must. While I still think I couldn't personally walk around WDW all day for a week in Crocs, they ARE just about the perect shoe for WDW in the summer. Three inch water puddles are nothing if you've got Crocs.

The good news is that for the next couple of days, it will be slightly cooler (temps in 80s). The bad news is that it is going to be wet. A very large mass of wet weather is heading in from the Gulf. They said it would be a very wet weekend.

I suppose it depends on your definition of miserable.

Personally, I find cold WDW far more miserable than summer WDW. We just had our first summer trip after two years of September trips. The highs seem to be around the low/mid 90's most days. When it reaches the peak temp for the day, boom, an hour later you get the thunderstorm.

Coming from Wisconsin, you may not be acclimated to that kind of temps. If you find 90's at home miserable, then WDW in the summer is not for you.

If you are able to acclimate yourself to the heat before you go, then it's not so bad.

I live in Florida so you would think I would be used to the heat,but guess what,I'm not nor will I ever be.It's just very uncomfortable to be in temperatures that as soon as you walk outside you become drenched in sweat,also the daily rain is very annoying and just adds more humidity,although it does cool it down as long as the sun doesn't come out again for a while.As far as the cold at WDW,for me it's wonderful,it rarely gets lower than 35-40 and the daily highs when it's cold is usually in the 60's to around 70,for me that's near perfect.Also when it's that cold it's usually beautiful without a cloud in the sky.I've always said that the most comfortable place to be in Florida from mid May through September is a movie theater or a waterpark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter