How's the weather in September?

amshowers

DIS Veteran
Last year we went to Florida in late April,early May. This year we could'nt go in May . I remember going in July as a teenanger ,and it was hot and packed,I will not do summer at Disney World again.So I was thinking mid-September the 12-18. We were planning to say at the BC for the first time.How's the weather that time of year is it still warm enough to swim. It just would'nt be a vacation if the kids can't go swimming at SAB. Thanks for help!

September is usually very warm, about the same as summer. I was there 2nd week of Sept, and it was in the 90's. I think its pretty hot up to Oct. We have gone in the pools as late as early Dec.

The 3 H's usually apply to this month. Sometimes very, very rainy.

September is still summer in Florida. It's miserable (IMO--I live here, but I'm very heat/humidity sensitive). I would go in October--still warm enough to swim but not brutally hot.

If it's the crowds that bother you more than the heat, then September shouldn't be too bad since kids are back in school.

Just to back-up what the other posters said - September is VERY hot, humid and rainy. When we went in September '00 it was so miserable my DH was ready to go home after 3 days! We went back again in September '02 (only reason was my AP was going to expire and we wanted to get in another trip) and it wasn't as bad as '00 but it was still really hot & humid.

Also, September 10 is considered the "peak" of hurricane season. The day we arrived in September '00 a hurricane was blowing up the gulf coast of Florida. The lobby of the Poly was very hectic because alot of guests were scared and checked out early!

One good thing about September - LOW crowds and it's VALUE season!

Debbie

There have been a few posts about whether Sept. is a good month to go, and there were many positive posts. Yes, it is hot, but the crowds are so low that you can take your time, go slow, see it all, and not pass out from the heat! LOL! Just keep drinking that water, and enjoy your resort pool. You'll be fine!

We'll see you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter