How's the weather in late May?

Minniekins

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to Disney in late spring in many years, and never in summer. I'm wondering how hot and humid it usually is in the last week of May. Have the daily summer showers started yet, do I need to expect that each day? Hoping the temps aren't brutal like I hear they are in July, lol, don't know that I could handle that! I know it'll definitely be warmer than our usual Dec trips, that's for sure! TIA!!

Hot, hot, hot. We went the last week of May a few years ago and it was really hot. Mid-90s, but I don't think that was the typical average. We were there for a week and only had rain one day and it was late at night.

I haven't been to Disney in late spring in many years, and never in summer. I'm wondering how hot and humid it usually is in the last week of May. Have the daily summer showers started yet, do I need to expect that each day? Hoping the temps aren't brutal like I hear they are in July, lol, don't know that I could handle that! I know it'll definitely be warmer than our usual Dec trips, that's for sure! TIA!!
Hot. Humid.

Oh no, I thought it wouldn't be so hot yet, as it's not so hot here at home yet! Ugh! At least the evening should be a bit cooler without the sun, if not less humid. Maybe there'll be a nice breeze, at least I can hope! And hope for a little off season cooler temps like in the 80's!

I was there Memorial Day weekend last year. It was in the 90's, hot. We had a FP+ for the afternoon parade in front of the castle, I thought I was going to die. I don't remember any rain.

Too funny that everyone is saying it's hot, I was going to say it's kind of pleasant, upper 80s most days. I guess it's a matter of perspective, I'm from Georgia and unless it gets upper 90s or 100s it's just warm enough for me. If you aren't used to it, the humidity will get to you though so lots of water.

We have been in mid-May before and like the above posters stated is was hot and humid! Parade time was sweltering... Although we were lucky, we didn't have a drop of rain the entire week. It helped to take breaks in the afternoon back at the resort. The mornings and evenings were great!

I was there Memorial Day weekend last year. It was in the 90's, hot. We had a FP+ for the afternoon parade in front of the castle, I thought I was going to die. I don't remember any rain.

Weird. We arrived on Memorial day and stayed for 10 days and were surprised at how perfect it was. None of us even broke a sweat the entire time we were there.

The average high/low for the last week of May in Orlando is 90/70. So definitely plan for hot and humid weather. 'Popup' afternoon showers and thunderstorms are also common, but that doesn't mean it rains everyday.

My family was there right after Memorial Day last year as well. We definitely sweated, but there were a few evenings that were very pleasant for that time of year.

We were there the week before Memorial Day last year. Perfect weather for us. No rain. 80's every day. It didn't seem sweltering to us and my son and I get heated pretty fast. The last two days were in the 90's though. That was pretty hot. Changed those days to pool days and scrapped our original plans.

I was there the first week of May in 2010 and it was already in the mid to upper 90s. While that was, according to locals, out of the ordinary, it is possible.

Average high temperature: 87.8
Average low temperature: 65.9
Average precipitation: 3.55
Average humidity (1pm): 49
Record high (2000): 99
Record low (1992): 48

The difference you will normally see is lower humidity in May than what you will find in July and/or August.

So while it may be 88 in May and 92 in August, the 60% humidity vs 98% in August can make it feel much cooler.

However, trying to predict the weather now for May is nothing but a guess. Look at averages to get an idea of the climate, stock up on supplies (dry wicking socks, etc.) and be prepared for fluctuations each way during your trip.

I lived in central Florida for 6 years. 90s in May is the norm, not the exception. Expect it to be hot and humid from May to September in Florida. Not as rainy in May though.

I lived in central Florida for 6 years. 90s in May is the norm, not the exception. Expect it to be hot and humid from May to September in Florida. Not as rainy in May though.
Same with early may? We will be there May 2-5th

We've been during late July a few times … will it be worse than that?

We've been during late July a few times … will it be worse than that?

Why would it be worse? The later into summer it gets the more it rains and the hotter it gets. So, unless you think cooler, dryer air with less rain is worse, NO. The weather will not be worse in early may than late July.

The first time I ever went to Disney we went in late May. I remember that being the best in terms of weather out of all the times I've ever been! Yes, it was definitely warm in the middle of the day but not the same humidity level I've seen when we've been there in the summer or fall. And definitely way less rain than any other time I've been as well.

Yea May is generally very hot. The weather is very unpredictable. It may storm in the morning which will make the heat even more miserable then storm in the afternoon. May be in the 80s one day and the following day it will be mid 90s. What makes it bad down here is the humidity. Also what makes Orlando so hot is that there is barely any ocean breeze. Here in Miami, we get a nice ocean breeze which helps with the humidity.

It was hot last year, but not unbearable. I arrived on Memorial Day and got to DHS in the middle of a huge afternoon downpour, which lasted for quite a while and I was huddled with other people around a kiosk outside the park. The rain was sideways and we were all totally soaked. I don't remember any other rain all week. I know I did not need a jacket or wear pants all week.

I'm from AR so for me, it's all about humidity. Last year, we went in early August. It was hot, humid and rained daily. The temp and humidity felt a lot like home. The prior year we went in late May. The humidity was not nearly as bad nor were the showers that frequent, at least that particular year. We are going again this year at the end of May. Weather wasn't a deciding factor though. We had a great time in August too! Just plan afternoon breaks if you find it too hot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter