• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How's the live music at WS these days?

Dizzytime

DIS Veteran
Haven't been in a few years and we are sure looking forward to our early Jan trip to the Beach Club. One of our reasons for staying there is the easy access to WS, and always enjoyed the short walk, even for a short while, to hear the bands like British Invasion, Off Kilter, Mo'Rockin and....the other fun, live stuff.

I understand British Invasion is gone, was replaced by British Revolution I guess, but we have never seen them. Are they still there? Are they doing well? How about Off Kilter and Mo'Rockin, still doing well? I remember loving the great music of the Beatles and other bands, but since bands, and even band members change I thought I'd try to get an update.

Thanks in advance, and hope you all are having a magical day!

:goodvibes

Haven't been in a few years and we are sure looking forward to our early Jan trip to the Beach Club. One of our reasons for staying there is the easy access to WS, and always enjoyed the short walk, even for a short while, to hear the bands like British Invasion, Off Kilter, Mo'Rockin and....the other fun, live stuff.

I understand British Invasion is gone, was replaced by British Revolution I guess, but we have never seen them. Are they still there? Are they doing well? How about Off Kilter and Mo'Rockin, still doing well? I remember loving the great music of the Beatles and other bands, but since bands, and even band members change I thought I'd try to get an update.

Thanks in advance, and hope you all are having a magical day!

Just got back from our trip on Sunday. No one in my party had ever experienced any of the music in the World Showcase, so I made sure we checked some of it out. The hands-down favorite was Off-Kilter. My dad came rushing back to Canada from the UK when he heard them playing Whiskey In the Jar. Mo'Rockin was playing, as well, and as good as they ever were. Personally, I don't like them as much as Off Kilter, but do find them to be quite entertaining. The British Revolution or whatever it is called was playing, but I didn't listen long. as soon as I go to their area, they started playing Wonderful Christmastime. Not wanting to have that god-awful song in my head all day, I left.;)

We enjoyed all of the WS musical offerings during our trip in August, and even sat through 3 different sets in the UK while awaiting a dinner ADR.

The British Revolution or whatever it is called was playing, but I didn't listen long. as soon as I go to their area, they started playing Wonderful Christmastime. Not wanting to have that god-awful song in my head all day, I left.;)

Sim-PLY. HAV-ing. a WON-derful Christmastime.

the end.

;)

We were real disappointed when the B Invasion was replaced. We saw the Revolution the first month - and they were good. Great energy, and a much more current song list. We have not been back a few times, and seen them at least 8 times. They have become a must visit for us. Get a pint, and see some very good musicians play the songs we know.

I have heard:
Bohemian Rhapsody
Kasmir - Led Zeppelin
Police - Beatles - Who - Modern English - The Knack - and many more diverse bands. They cover bands into the 90s (a few I am not too fond of), but do it well.

We saw British Revolution a few times on our October trip this year. We liked the song list but were disappointed that the band weren't actually playing their instruments. Is miming the norm for live music in Disney?

Just returned a week ago. Mo and Off were both as great as always. And BR still playing great. They are excellent musicians, singers, performers. Their play list is also very good, nicely diversified. The crowds really enjoyed them, as did we.

We saw British Revolution a few times on our October trip this year. We liked the song list but were disappointed that the band weren't actually playing their instruments. Is miming the norm for live music in Disney?

I'm no kind of musician, but I didn't catch the 'weren't actually playing their instruments' thing this March and again in Oct. I thought the group showed superior musicianship to the BI and if they were faking it, they got it past me.

Bill From PA

Most of the bands seems the same to me, in fact I still see some familar faces. We usually only stay and watch Off Kilter, they are the most entertaining for me.

the end.

;)
Sleep with one eye open, Robo.

Just got back from our trip on Sunday. No one in my party had ever experienced any of the music in the World Showcase, so I made sure we checked some of it out. The hands-down favorite was Off-Kilter. My dad came rushing back to Canada from the UK when he heard them playing Whiskey In the Jar. Mo'Rockin was playing, as well, and as good as they ever were. Personally, I don't like them as much as Off Kilter, but do find them to be quite entertaining. The British Revolution or whatever it is called was playing, but I didn't listen long. as soon as I go to their area, they started playing Wonderful Christmastime. Not wanting to have that god-awful song in my head all day, I left.;)

Just reading the name of that song has gotten it stuck in my head.

Now Robo, you finished it off.

Might have to play a choris of small world to get it out. lol

Wonderful Christmas time....????? Wow, of all the Paul McCartney songs. Well, we'll be there Jan 2, so maybe they'll switch over to "maybe I'm amazed", or at least 'band on the run". Interesting how the music he wrote 'evolved' as the years went by after leaving the Beatles.

Anyway, thanks to all for your replies and thoughts. Assuming it's in fact 'live' music, all of the bands seems like they are still worth hearing. Guess they wouldn't be playing at Epcot if that wasn't the case, so I'll look forward, with great anticipation, to hearing them all in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to be back there again!

I second all of the positive comments about British Revolution.:)

The thing about them that impresses me the most is that they seem GENUINELY thankful and appreciaitive for the opportunity to play music at the Most Magical Place On Earth!:)

They close a lot of their shows with a really awesome Beatles medley-it is really cool.:)

065-2.jpg

They actually do play their instruments.

Thanks WEDWDW and Dan Murphy!

We've always enjoyed the live music and entertainment at DW, as much as the rides or any other park attraction...maybe even more. Very thankful Disney does keep this stuff going, and although we sometimes don't like change (eg no more British Invasion), it will be fun to see it all and simply appreciate the fact that it's still there.

Thanks a lot. :goodvibes

you mean that one where a choir of children sing their song? They've practiced all year long.
Seriously, if the choir of children were so lacking in mental capacity that they had to practice all year long just to sing, "ding dong ding dong", well, it's no shock that the British Empire fell.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter