How's the food court situation at All Star Sport going right now?

Glad we upgraded to a mod...we want nothing but peace and relaxation on this anniversary trip! For those that are staying there, I really do hope they iron the bugs out quickly. We love ASMu...but I am thinking that the increased traffic is making it more chaotic.

Hi

We heard about the food court closing at the *** and complained.

Disney have now offered and we have accepted a preferred room in the ASMu at no extra costs

Plus we do not really eat in the resort hotels so hopefully this slight upgrade will compensate any slight inconvenience.

Two weeks till we return to the happiest place on earth:)

I have a friend booked the same time as POP Warner ...I told her that between the chaos of thousands of unsupervised tweens and teens and the food court being closed she should book else where...I hope she took my advice.:goodvibes

We initially had booked Sports, but when I heard about the food court situation, I switched to Music. (Which might have been a mistake anyway??) That was last month. There was no charge to switch to Music, but Movies would have been a cost increase. Don't know if I could have pressed them on it and gotten it for the same price or not?

We plan to eat breakfast in our room and drive to the parks, but now I'm nervous too.:confused3

Ok, so now I'm getting nervous about how many people have moved or will move to Music!!

I need to just stop thinking about it I guess because there is nothing I can do about it now. We can't upgrade to a Mod and I really don't want to stay at Pop.

I just hope Music won't be crazy crowded everyday. We go to Music in September to avoid this!! :o

If you stay there when the fridges are back in the rooms, I would recommend staying there cause you can order groceries and drinks to stock up and it will save you money.

What's the deal with the fridges? Are they in some rooms and not others? Are they randomly out for a little while? We'll be there November 1-10.

We'll have a car so I'm going to stick with my plan of having breakfast out and about, but we were thinking about, say, picking up some snacks at Epcot one day to eat for breakfast the next morning. But if there's no fridge...?

Hmph. I guess it'll be good to have a pretty empty resort, but it's concerning to hear about all of the problems you had that have nothing to do with the food court. What's up, Disney?? :confused3

There are in excess of 25,000 refrigerators which need replacement. They have to be built, shipped, and installed. These do not apply to DVC as they have full-size refrigerators. It appears that the deluxe Resorts are being done first.

Here is an official internal current Disney notice:
Update: Refrigerator replacement has concluded at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney's BoardWalk Inn, Disney's Polynesian Resort, Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts at the Walt Disney World Resort and Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at the Disneyland Resort.

Wait, so they've removed the fridges altogether while they wait for replacements? I'm sure they're long overdue for a spruce-up, but am I understanding correctly that there's NO fridge in the room at all? Not even an old one?

That makes no sense. What am I missing?? :scratchin

We finally decided to switch to POP... It will be our first time there so cool to try a new resort! And even if it's crowdy, it can't be as bad as what is going on right now at All Stars!

Wait, so they've removed the fridges altogether while they wait for replacements? I'm sure they're long overdue for a spruce-up, but am I understanding correctly that there's NO fridge in the room at all? Not even an old one?

That makes no sense. What am I missing?? :scratchin

The fridges were reported dangerous and a safety hazard. I think one caught fire or was smoking somewhere.

The fridges were reported dangerous and a safety hazard. I think one caught fire or was smoking somewhere.

Whoa! Ok then! Fair enough.

Seriously, though - my friend and I were discussing that this might all be a blessing in disguise. We're taking a foodie-centric trip, and this is a great excuse to go out for breakfast every day!

Hopefully the resort will be nice and quiet.

Does anyone have any observations specifically for the effects on All Star Music? Bus lines, food court, pool, etc.???

We just got back from a 3-night stay at ASMU. I thought bus service was really poor. My son and stay there a few times each year and, in fact, were just there for two days in June. I don't know what the difference was this time - maybe just terrible luck.

OTOH, the food court seemed the same to me. I had only good experiences there, better than usual even. The pool also looked the same.

I hope you have a very nice trip.

:)

Oh dear !!!! We are booked for ten nights beginning of October.

Any news on fridges in family suites ? Are they operational ?

Does anyone have any observations specifically for the effects on All Star Music? Bus lines, food court, pool, etc.???

There is a dedicated bus that runs between sports and music to accommodate the sports guests who want to use the music cafeteria. This is a non Disney bus operated by a third party contractor (horizon). The bus picks up and drops off at the main entrance to sports/music- not over by the park bus stops. They do this all day long and I never waited more than 5 minutes. The food court at music did not seem any more or less crowded than normal. Not many people from sports seem to be using the shuttle. I did it twice at meal times, and there were only 3 people on the bus each time.

Hope all resorts have fridges when we go in Jan. I certainly don't want to start a fridge swap again (6 years running one was enough!)

Note, if you abbreviate All Star Sports it will be changed to *** since the abbreviation is a curse word. ;)

So upset just found out today about the food court. My daughter has anxiety and will not do well in a crowed asmu food court. My mom is also coming with us and no fridge in the room for her medication. We were told that they can hold her medication at the front desk 0.o Who wants to early in the morning rush to the front desk to get medication. Or in an emergency run to the front desk. This is Disney guest service at it best! :(

So upset just found out today about the food court. My daughter has anxiety and will not do well in a crowed asmu food court. My mom is also coming with us and no fridge in the room for her medication. We were told that they can hold her medication at the front desk 0.o Who wants to early in the morning rush to the front desk to get medication. Or in an emergency run to the front desk. This is Disney guest service at it best! :(

I understand where you're coming from. But having just stayed at sports, I assure you the Intermission food court over at music was not any more or less crowded than expected. Many people at sports are not using the shuttle to eat at music. I used it twice and there was only one other family. Also, my refrigerator was unplugged but my brother had a functioning one in his room. The replacements might have already begun.

I understand where you're coming from. But having just stayed at sports, I assure you the Intermission food court over at music was not any more or less crowded than expected. Many people at sports are not using the shuttle to eat at music. I used it twice and there was only one other family. Also, my refrigerator was unplugged but my brother had a functioning one in his room. The replacements might have already begun.

Thank You. Hopefully everything will work out. Its just so upsetting to find out so close to our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter