• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How's the food court situation at All Star Sport going right now?

Bete

DIS Veteran
Are you using the grab and go services? or

Are you using the bus or your car to the other food courts at Music and Movies?

Are you skipping it all together and just going to the parks.

Any info would be appreciated.

I'm curious about this myself. Tempted to switch from Sports to avoid this in December...

This is the official internal notice:
Beginning August 5, the End Zone Food Court will undergo a refurbishment for our Guests future enjoyment. We expect the refurbishment to be complete in late December 2013.

As a result, we will provide transportation from the porte cochere to Disneys All-Star Music Resort and Disneys All-Star Movies Resort where you can dine at the Intermission Food Court or World Premier Food Court. In addition, we will be using the Game Point Arcade as a temporary location where a selection of grab-and-go meals will be available (i.e. sandwiches, salads and bakery items) for purchase.

Our Guests will be able to refill their Resort Mugs at two locations during our End Zone Food Court Rehab from August 5th  December 20th. Additionally, they can also refill their Resort Mugs at Intermission Food Court at All-Star Music and World Premiere at All-Star Movies.

The two locations that our Guests can refill their Resort Mugs at All-Star Sports are:
Team Spirits Pool Bar - 7:00am  12:00am
Game Point Grab and Go (located in Game Point Arcade) - 7:00am  12:00am

Are you using the grab and go services? or

Are you using the bus or your car to the other food courts at Music and Movies?

Are you skipping it all together and just going to the parks.

Any info would be appreciated.

I just got back from All-Star Sports a few days ago. When I heard of the food court being closed, I figured it wouldnt be that big of a deal since I normally dont eat there anyways and they would still have the refill station.
BOY WAS I WRONG!!
Honestly, the food court being closed was a DISASTER! They had such a small selection of quick meals in the temporary setup and such little seating, you had to take it back to your room or wait a long time for a table.
As far as the refill mugs go, they are now charging the new prices based on your length of stay but the machines arent active yet. Soooo lemme tell you about the refill station. You walk into the arcade and theres a counter set up with two CM's checking to see if you have a mug and then they pull out a paper cup and fill the drink into that using a bar style dispenser gun. No way they can tell the amount of days the mug is active for so if you "be honest" and pay the $19 for the length of stay, your a chump. oh....and 9 out of 10 times you get anything carbonated, its flat. the machine broke down twice and at that point, I demanded a refund which they happily gave me.

There are no working fridges in the rooms so being down a fridge, the food court, and the chaos in the temp food area was just too much. The bus service to All-Star Movies was very well planned but we went there once and it was insane packed due to all the guests flowing there from Sports.

To sum it up, I HIGHLY recommend switching resorts if your able to.

This doesn't sound pleasant.

Actually, we changed our mind on going to Disney after all this year, but I'm sure others will be interested in these reports.

Honestly, the food court being closed was a DISASTER!

The bus service to All-Star Movies was very well planned but we went there once and it was insane packed due to all the guests flowing there from Sports.

You confirmed my suspicions. We usually stay at one of the All Star Resorts on our trips. After hearing that the food court at Sports would be closed during our stay, we decided to change our reservation to CBR. I'm so glad we moved. Thank you for the update!

aww this is not good news. We are going for our first trip ever at the end of Sept. :( And we are staying at the all-sports.

It is interesting that a few years ago when they were giving all of the food service area at Caribbean Beach Resort a complete makeover they actually closed the Resort.

Hmmmm...

I'm a little nervous now! We're staying at ASSp in November because it was by far the least expensive option (we have a cast member discount and the prices vary wildly), and when I heard the food court would be closed I kind of shrugged and didn't worry. But now your post has me a bit worried.

That said, we're two adults and I've planned breakfasts every day in the parks or other resorts (a couple of nice breakfasts like Kouzzina and/or Kona). We're not soda drinkers so I wasn't worried about the refill stations. Should I still be worried about this? Is it affecting general service at the hotel??

Thanks for any advice. I suppose we could switch resorts if absolutely necessary, but I'm hoping I won't have to.

I have been nervous about this situation, now I am super nervous. We will be at ASMusic in 2 1/2 weeks and I have been wondering how this affects Music?

We stay for 2 weeks there every September and spend a good amount of time at the pool relaxing and playing games. We had already planned to avoid the breakfast situation.

Now we are planning on driving everywhere because I am thinking it will increase our bus lines in the morning and evening.

But I am so concerned with our down days at the resort. Will it be crazy all day, will it make our pool more crowded?

We love ASMusic but should we just switch? I don't even know where we'd switch to! I knew this trip was going too smoothly. :o(

Nervous about this situation here too..

Staying at Music in a couple of months from now... We'll probably just eat in the Parks but still...

Should we switch to Pop? At the same time, if a lot of people think of this solution, maybe we should stay at Music...

I just got back from All-Star Sports a few days ago. When I heard of the food court being closed, I figured it wouldnt be that big of a deal since I normally dont eat there anyways and they would still have the refill station.
BOY WAS I WRONG!!
Honestly, the food court being closed was a DISASTER! They had such a small selection of quick meals in the temporary setup and such little seating, you had to take it back to your room or wait a long time for a table.
As far as the refill mugs go, they are now charging the new prices based on your length of stay but the machines arent active yet. Soooo lemme tell you about the refill station. You walk into the arcade and theres a counter set up with two CM's checking to see if you have a mug and then they pull out a paper cup and fill the drink into that using a bar style dispenser gun. No way they can tell the amount of days the mug is active for so if you "be honest" and pay the $19 for the length of stay, your a chump. oh....and 9 out of 10 times you get anything carbonated, its flat. the machine broke down twice and at that point, I demanded a refund which they happily gave me.

There are no working fridges in the rooms so being down a fridge, the food court, and the chaos in the temp food area was just too much. The bus service to All-Star Movies was very well planned but we went there once and it was insane packed due to all the guests flowing there from Sports.

That sounds horrible! I would have asked for a refund as well. Hopefully they'll iron out the bugs soon for the rest of the guests.

It is interesting that a few years ago when they were giving all of the food service area at Caribbean Beach Resort a complete makeover they actually closed the Resort.

Most likely because there is no other alternative close by. There are two resorts near this one. One can be within easy walking distance depending on where you room is.

Nervous about this situation here too..

Staying at Music in a couple of months from now... We'll probably just eat in the Parks but still...

Should we switch to Pop? At the same time, if a lot of people think of this solution, maybe we should stay at Music...

If you don't use the food court much it really won't affect you. In fact, I would think the All Star Sports may be less crowded and therefore you will have a tremendous advantage with the bus transportation to and back from the parks.

Personally, I would move to POP. I like having a food court and I don't want to bus it to another food court.

Hmmmm...

I'm a little nervous now! We're staying at ASSp in November because it was by far the least expensive option (we have a cast member discount and the prices vary wildly), and when I heard the food court would be closed I kind of shrugged and didn't worry. But now your post has me a bit worried.

That said, we're two adults and I've planned breakfasts every day in the parks or other resorts (a couple of nice breakfasts like Kouzzina and/or Kona). We're not soda drinkers so I wasn't worried about the refill stations. Should I still be worried about this? Is it affecting general service at the hotel??

Thanks for any advice. I suppose we could switch resorts if absolutely necessary, but I'm hoping I won't have to.

As far as the general service goes, The Cm's were super friendly as always
I used the magical express and got into *** at 3pm and went strait to Magic Kingdom. We got back to the room at 2am to find out my bags werent in the room. I FREAKED OUT! Thinking my bags were lost, I called luggage and they said they have our bags in the lobby and will bring them up. When they delivered them, I asked why they werent in my room and they had no answer as to why. The next day, I requested a fan which they had and said they will send one up immediately. I waited 2 hours and nothing. I called the front desk and said they see our request and a guy was running it to our room right now. Hours go by and nothing so i had enough and went to the front desk and talked to the manager. He had no answer either. he also said their systems were down. ugh! I told them "its kinda funny that it seems like when the food court went down, the rest of the systems went down with it"
He said they werent related but I wasnt convinced. I think the staff was overwhelmed and it felt chaotic.
The plus side of staying there was that the resort was pretty empty due to so many guests changing reservations to other resorts. If you stay there when the fridges are back in the rooms, I would recommend staying there cause you can order groceries and drinks to stock up and it will save you money.

I have been nervous about this situation, now I am super nervous. We will be at ASMusic in 2 1/2 weeks and I have been wondering how this affects Music?

We stay for 2 weeks there every September and spend a good amount of time at the pool relaxing and playing games. We had already planned to avoid the breakfast situation.

Now we are planning on driving everywhere because I am thinking it will increase our bus lines in the morning and evening.

But I am so concerned with our down days at the resort. Will it be crazy all day, will it make our pool more crowded?

We love ASMusic but should we just switch? I don't even know where we'd switch to! I knew this trip was going too smoothly. :o(

I only went to the Movies once to eat and walked past the main pool and it was packed! It was also like 6pm so that could have something to do with it. Riding the buses to the parks, you can easily tell that movies was alot more crowded due to the amount of people waiting in line for buses vs. the lines at Sports. that was one huge benefit of Sports during this time. We always had a seat on the bus. Movies passengers werent so lucky due to the crowds.

Dont mean to be giving all bad news but just telling you what i saw. the Sports is still an awesome resport but guests just need to have more patience dealing with the temp changes.

Does anyone have any observations specifically for the effects on All Star Music? Bus lines, food court, pool, etc.???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter