How's the food at the sci -fi dine inn these days?

interesting, i dont know where I read it but they said that isnt true. I was hoping and keeping my fingers for when we go they will let me do that cause we have ressies for dinner! We couldnt get in for lunch.

I have had dinner there for the last four years and some if not all members in my party have ordered cheeseburgers. We were just at SciFi this last June and 4 out of 5 people in my party had cheeseburgers for dinner. They're not on the menu but just ask the waitstaff and they'll tell you what toppings you can request on them. Never been a problem.

a little off topic but , if you had a party of 3 would you get a table instead of a car? We usually have an even number so it is no big deal but this year we will only have 3 in our party. I don't want one of us lonely in the back seat.;)

I assume you would get 2 rows in a car, that's what I've read before in the forums. We walked up without an ADR with DW, DH and DS4. They said they could seat us right away if we didn't mind sitting in one row... so I assume 2 rows for 3 would be the norm. It was a little tight but not too bad. 3 kids in a row easy fit.

We ate at Sci-Fi during our last trip in September. We thought the atmosphere was fun, but the food was no better than counter service. Needless to say Sci-Fi is not on our list this time around.

I agree. I will just cut and paste the review I posted on wdwinfo:

Sci Fi Dine In 2:20 pm. My kids wanted to do this since their generation is too young to really know what a drive in experience is like. I should have taken them to a drive in and saved my meal credit instead. The wait time to get in was beyond our reservation time, but not too much over. They seemed to be kind of disorganized at the front counter, but we weren''t in that big of a hurry. The place is very dark in keeping with the theming, but it makes it a little hard to read the menu''s. The tables in the "cars" are a little small, and I can see how someone who is "pooh-sized" might be uncomfortable and need one of the few tables in the back instead.

The food was counter service quality overall, except the milkshakes and ice cream which were very good. The Reuben was the only thing that came close to overcoming mediocrity of the 4 meals we ordered, and even it didn''t blow me away. Our server was slow and brought out the wrong flavor of milkshake (chocolate and strawberry sound so similar when you are fighting to talk to her over the sounds of old movie trailers), but was not too big of a deal. And because the service was slow, we wound up watching some of the same trailers 3 times on the loops that ran on the "big screen"

Was good for one visit, and the kids liked the experience, but next time I''ll try the 50's Prime Time instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter