How's the food at Concorse Steakhouse?

We ate there on Dec. 20 and thought it was just OK. Not bad, pleasant, but nothing to knock your socks off. We won't be going back - there are too many other places I want to try or already love!

We like it quite a bit. It's not "the ultimate steakhouse" but a pretty fun spot for a decent meal. :earsboy:

We ate at the Concourse Steakhouse last May and will be there again this May. We all really enjoyed our meals - ribs, steak, and delicious salmon. My kids also enjoyed their meal, especially the electric light potion drinks and the fun desserts. By the way, the adult desserts were wonderful. We found the restaurant to be quite relaxing after a busy day, and it's fun to sit and watch the monorail go by.

We just ate there a few weeks ago, and it was just okay. I ordered some type of Filet and to tell the truth, it was very bland. My kids liked the light-up cubes that came in their beverages, however the waitress was very quick to inform us that the light-up cubes were not included in the dining plan. Whatever - the cubes are about $2 a piece on the net, and if Disney buys them in bulk, they probably pay less for them, so I don't see the big deal - but that's me. The waitress was a dud - but not just to us, I noticed she had a puss on for all the other tables she had around us. Also, both my kids ordered the artists palate for dessert, and spent more time decorating the cookie than eating it and not because they do not like cookies. The cookie was so hard it was more of a brick than a cookie. We actually had a better meal at Chef Mickey's a few nights later.

I happen to love Concourse Steakhouse. It's not cheap but they have a great filet mignon and mashed potatoes. Plus, you cant beat the view of the monorail coming thru.

:wizard: :pug:

The food was okay but the service was slow. If it's a good steak you want, try LeCellier Steakhouse at Epcot. It was great!

It's a "middle of the road" steakhouse, plenty noisy due to the location. We've done it several times and it's always been crowded.

Well, this use to be one of our favorites. However, we ate there this summer and the food wasn't just bad, it was HORRIFIC. The place wasn't clean either. We were so disappointed. My husband ordered a salad and pasta and the salad was actually wilted. Of course they brought out a new one, but it was like a free house salad you get at a cheap steakhouse. I ordered a burger, which I had loved the previous trip, it was pathetic and dried up. So, this one is off our list.

PamNC

We ate there in May and we all enjoyed it. The kids loved painting there cookies. We plan on going back in Dec. this year.

We've had a couple of uneven experiences. In February '04 we ate a mediocre lunch. My burger was excellent, but my friend's salad was wilted and smothered in dressing. Service was slow.

Then, three weeks ago, I made a ADR on the night of our arrival since we didn't want to leave the hotel. We weren't expecting much – and what a surprise! Service was excellent: attentive and friendly. Our steaks were cooked to perfection.

So, all in all, not one of WDW's best restaurants, but you might luck into a good meal. In other words, it's a typical hotel restaurant like you'd find anywhere in the U.S.

We ate there in August and thought it was very good. DD6 loved it!! But what's not to love w/ a grilled cheese on rainbow bread & a brownie shaped like Mikey -- and hey - why not start the meal off w/ a Chocolate Shake....very unhealthy -- but you only live once!!!

Good food, definitely. However, the noisy environment made the experience less enjoyable. I longed for the cozy LeCellier environment.

Also had dinner with my family there last August. IMHO, the Concourse is definitely one the sleepers of WDW dining - not well known or frequently mentioned, but consistently offering the best beef value per $ on property (on that tangent, Le Cellier is at the other end of the spectrum - overhyped (primarily due to people confusing nice ambiance with O.K. but not fantastic food) and being -- next to the Yachtsman -- one of the most overpriced dining spots in Orlando). My ribeye at the Concourse was right up there with the Ruth Chris version, which is still the category reference for that cut of beef. :love:

Well, the first time I went I had a 20 0z rib eye and I ate the whole thing by myself, it was so great.
We went there again a year later and something happened, i cant really remember but we walked out for some reason..
Then we went again in OCtober and it was terrible. The steaks were all way over cooked and dry and the service was terrible. I dont know if they were having an off night but we got ignored numerous times by the waiter and the bus boy. Unfortunatly, we did not have a good experience. I wish we did b/c the first time i was there it was the best steak i ever had.

:flower: We went there twice in July for lunch and we loved it. I had the cheesesteak sandwich , my older DD had the cheeseburger, and my younger DD had the rainbow grilled cheese sandwich. If you go earlier for lunch it's not so crowded.

sheepygirl23 said:
Well, the first time I went I had a 20 0z rib eye and I ate the whole thing by myself, it was so great.
We went there again a year later and something happened, i cant really remember but we walked out for some reason..
Then we went again in OCtober and it was terrible. The steaks were all way over cooked and dry and the service was terrible. I dont know if they were having an off night but we got ignored numerous times by the waiter and the bus boy. Unfortunatly, we did not have a good experience. I wish we did b/c the first time i was there it was the best steak i ever had.

A 20oz ribeye?!??! Are you sure - a cut that size sounds more like a Porterhouse..... :scratchin

Have eaten there a few times always had a good meal. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter