• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How's Mama Melrose's?

KMZOB

Mouseketeer
I'm considering doing the Fantasmic Dinner Package...(if I can get an ADR)...how is Mama's? I know they have a special menu for Fantasmic. Have you enjoyed it?

Thanks!!

We ate there last trip and was really pleasantly surprised. We have many fine Italian restaurants here, not to mention my MIL is a fabulous home cook so I had never eaten there, prefering the Brown Derby and Sci Fi.

We had already done those earlier in the week so there we went and I really liked the food and atmosphere.

I would definately reccomend it!:thumbsup2

We thought it was very good. My DD's favorite of the trip. I thought the service was just soso though.

I ate there last week for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised! I had the calamari as my app. (not the bext calarami that I have had but very good) and the chicken flatbread for my entree. The chicken flatbread was excellent!

Never been to Mama Melrose, but we have Fantasmic ADRs this September. Last year we did Fantasmic with Hollywood & Vine. Don't rule it out. It has many of the same buffet items as Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's minus the character interaction. We thought the food was good and enjoyed it. If Mama Melrose is no longer available, you should consider giving H&V a try.

We really like it. Plus, there is no longer a specific menu for the Fantasmic Package, you can just order from the regular menu.

We liked it last July and are returning there this July. It was one of DH's favorite meals all week--and he's 3/4 Italian so he's had lots of experiences with this stuff.

We liked it very much. I still cannot figure out why people don't like it. It was the only place that we could get an ADR for. The service was a tad bit slow, but other than that the food was great. We loved the atmosphere - nice, quiet & relaxing.

We've eaten there twice and have enjoyed it. The first time we went to MM I was sick and didn't get to spend much time at the table eating my food. The little bit I did get to enjoy I really liked so I couldn't wait to go back last year! :laughing:

I would definitely go to MM again.

We really like it. Plus, there is no longer a specific menu for the Fantasmic Package, you can just order from the regular menu.

REALLY???!!!! UGH.

I just canceled a Fantasmic ADR @ MM for next week because DH was irked by the limited menu. Oh well....

Dh and I ate @ MM while @ the Studios last Friday.

This was our 1st experience w/ the dinner package and MM.

We both enjoyed our meals! We were able to choose appy, entree, and
dessert from the complete menu!..Our ADR was for 5:10p, waited less than 5 minutes to be seated, prompt service (thanks to Deborah) and a great atmoshpere.

I also do not care for Olive Garden, but in no way even thought to compare
the 2 restaurants.

bwmetts

Except for the salads, I think Olive Garden is pretty lousy. But we like Mama Melrose!

Except for the salads, I think Olive Garden is pretty lousy. But we like Mama Melrose!

I am going to have to second this! I wouldn't put MM and Olive Garden in the same category. MM is much better and much more authentic. It was excellent when we had it last July. Of course, we are a little biased because our meal was free (used someone else's DDP...they had checked out and still had points!)

I don't understand what would be bad about it. But everyone has different tastes.

We went a couple years ago and vowed never to return. The food was horrible and everyone left there feeling sick. Never again!

We went there using the FDP and did not enjoy it. I have no desire to try it again. The food was not very good and the service was horrible. The service can really make or break the experience and unfortunately for us, it broke it. It's too bad because there was a really good waiter serving the tables next to us and I think we would have come away feeling much differently if we had him as our server.

I'm a big supporter of trying a restaurant for yourself and not making a decision based on other peoples opinions, so try it if you are interested in it.

We've been twice - May 1999 and just again May 2007. Both times we loved it - food, atmosphere, service. This is the one guaranteed place we'll book each trip.

Triple love Mama Melrose's! So much so that we have 2 ADRs there for our upcoming trip. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter