• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How's Hollywood and Vine before Fantasmic?

Mercy

<font color="blue">never been tagged ... until now
Thinking about doing H&V dinner package before Fantasmic. Anyone done this, how was it?

Our family likes Hollywood & Vine the best for the Fantasmic package. It's a little less expensive and the buffet is kid friendly.
I think there is something for everyone on their menu.

We went to Hollywood and Vine for dinner with the package. We had a 5:50 PS but were a few minutes late because of getting caught up in parade traffic. We were seated in about 5 minutes. All members of our party of 4 adults and 3 children liked the choices. The kids loved being able to make their own sundaes for dessert. The turkey, corn bread pudding, and steak were our favorite items, but there were plenty of other choices.

We loved it there, so much so that we came back the next weekend. Everything was fresh, and the food was constantly being checked for safety and being replaced. I like that! The macaroni and cheese was the best I've had on property.

We booked this package for our August trip. It will be my first time trying H&V. Our seating is at 4:20 p.m., kind of early but I will try calling 30 days out and maybe get a later time.

We did the dinner package June 3. H&V was delish! There was alot of good choices for adults & children. The waitress was really nice and explained the dinner package completely including directions to Oscars... which we didn't need but it was still nice that she took the time. Although it was hard to hear her over the noise. It did seem noisy in there but not enough to really bother me. Besides I was still perturbed with the hostesses - but that's a whole other thread ;)
Anyhoo, we scheduled 30 days out and got 6:30 PS. We were able to enjoy a leisurely meal.. well as leisurely as one can get with 2 boys! After dinner we were able to catch the final show for Indiana Jones before going over to Fantasia. There were still lots of reserved seats left that we got first row. Too bad the rain had to start up though :(

We had exactly the opposite experience from everyone else above. Our waitress was totally disinterested, to the point of being rude. A great many of the platters were empty or one solitary serving was left (and not too appetizing looking !). The sundae section appeared not to have been cleaned in forever, and most of the toppings were gone.

This was maybe our most disappointing meal ever at WDW -- I won't ever go back. BUT, any restaurant can have a bad night and from all the responses here, that's all that happened on our visit. Give it a try if it makes sense for your gang. Enjoy !

Leslie

We also had a very good experience at H&V for the Fantasmic package. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, which is at least as good as most of the character buffets. There's a little less theming than some of the other buffet restaurants, but we were very happy with H&V and would definitely choose it again if we do the Fantasmic package again.

We just did it and our family loved it! It had something for everyone. Kids buffet was great! We'll do it again!

THe food there is great! We did the Fantasmic package and ate there and we loved it!

I'd never eaten there before my family's Fantasmic PS, but I loved the food. I'm a picky eater, but the food was great. They even gave me the recipie for the sweet potatoes in root beer sauce.

We ate at H&V last November as part of a last minute change in our evening plans (due to rain and my achey hip). So I went there not knowing what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed my meal and dessert (including the birthday cupcake my waiter brought me!). When the bill came, however, I thought it should have been about $3-5 cheaper for the quality of the food/ambiance. I think I felt that way because for just about $5 more I could have eaten at Boma and had a much higher quality meal. Nevertheless, it was still good, though I thinkg 50's Prime Time is my MGM restaurant of choice (OK, and maybe the cobb salad at Brown Derby!).

I just did the Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Dinner package this past Thursday and I must say that I was quite disappointed in the food. It was my least favorite meal of the trip. The service was fine, but the food was just ok (some of it wasn't good) and IMO an overpriced Old Country Buffet. Next time, I would just go to the Brown Derby for the package which I had a great lunch & service or try Mama Melroses'.
Melodie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter