How's Casta Maya?

Harryo

Mouseketeer
Am booked on the special Western 6/24/06 only have done Eastern this past summer. How is Casta Maya? Nice beaches? How does it compare to say St Maartin?

We did not book any excursions there and chose to just walk around where you get off the boats. It is a fairly new area built just to accomadate cruise guests.

There is a large pool in the center of town which our 6yr old enjoyed swimming in. There is plenty of seating around the pool and my wife and I took turns shopping at the various shops around the pool. There is a decent variety of stores and there is a pool side bar with a live band inside.

Also different free shows are put on in the plaza. There is a small beach area there but as I remember it is was rocky.

The area was still fairly new about a year ago and they were still building then. The shore excursions offered by Royal Carribian were mostly geared to older kids.

We enjoyed Costa Maya during our Aug. 28th cruise. It was an unexpected stop, so we didn't do any excursions, we just got off the ship and explored the little port area there. It was very pretty and looked fairly new. The ship was able to dock and there were trams to drive you from the ship right to the end of the pier. There were some wading pools and bars/restaurants all right there alongside the shopping areas. There was a beach, but it looked very rocky. I did see a few people in the water, but they were just standing in it, I imagine you'd have to be really careful where you stepped so you wouldn't cut your feet. There were Mexican entertainers performing in the center of the shopping area. I have some pictures of Costa Maya on my web site. The link to my web site is in my signature below, then look for the "Costa Maya" page in the "Disney Magic" section. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter