How's availability at AKL for fall?

mowog

Mouseketeer
Just saw where the AKL might be closed until Sept. due to construction (conversion?) of the Villas. Can members share booking experiences for the rest of this year? I have a week at BCV early December and could add a day at AKV at beginning of our trip. I guess I'm asking if its a waste of time to call and see if anything is available. The points for a 1 BR with my cost per point figure is less than the cost of a regular AKL room. ( a studio would be much less)

TIA, Bob

I would certainly phone and ask. We booked 4 nights in Dec the first day bookings were taken from non owners. We phoned late in the day and we were amazed to get the reservation. We also waitlisted one day - that came through in a couple of days.
Good luck :goodvibes

It seems like availability is good. I've heard from several members that they are waiting till ALL the construction is done in Jambo House. We have ressies from Sept 1-5 and while we were warned about construction noise I'm not worried about being moved. I'd definitely try for what you want and if it's not available, put in the waitlist request. If reports come back that people are disturbed by construction then probably some will cancel and wait til it's finished thus freeing up rooms for the adventurous who don't mind being trailblazers. ---Kathy

Just got a value studio Dec 9-14th on Friday. They said nothing else was available.

Tried for 2 days in Dec, Dec 8 & 9 NOTHING available, we do have BCV but hoped to do a split stay this year.

My wife called today and added Sat Dec 1 at AKV. We got a studio for 1 night, they only had basic and pool view, no savannah. We took the pool as its pretty with the lights at night. May waitlist for savannah, but in Dec it will be dark early- any lighting or views after dark? We then move to BCV for a 2 BR for 6 nights when our daughter, her husband and 9 mo old grandson arrive. It will be interesting to see AKV.

In early June we booked AKV studio savana view for 1/6-1/14/08. We had to wait list for the first two days but that came through in about a week. Confirmation mailed does have something written on it about the construction noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter